Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 7:32 PM
Default I wish EA would fix the launcher...
I got stuck with 1.69 and the horrible launcher.

If EA/Origin is going to do that, they could at least make work. It keeps "forgetting" what my last settings were. (edit: and I'm too lazy to make a note of which game has which EP/SPs... tho after today I'm getting motivated.)

There's three games styles l like to play:
Science and Future: where I have University (science station) & Into the Future (bot station).
Aliens: Seasons (aliens) and often "Ambitions" for summoning meteors; Sometimes with Uni and ITF as well.
Magic: SN and maybe Showtime for Genies.

It would be nice if the launcher brought up the saved games first, and remember the EP/stuff packs that it was first started with.
It would be nice in CAW, you could pick which EP/Stuff packs you want to make the world with, and labeled the world as such. So, If I create a world with the Weasley's from Harry Potter, they wouldn't end up doing Muggle Science.

But alas, EA/Origin isn't really into looking at things from the Gamer's perspective.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 7:47 PM
EA is like the inept handyman at an apartment complex. You let them know that your sink is clogged. When you get home your sink is no longer clogged, but your stove no longer works, everything in the refrigerator is frozen solid, your toilet is overflowing and the switch that used to turn on the air conditioner now turns on your stereo.

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Mad Poster
#3 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 12:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MOOKIEBLAYLOCK
EA is like the inept handyman at an apartment complex. You let them know that your sink is clogged. When you get home your sink is no longer clogged, but your stove no longer works, everything in the refrigerator is frozen solid, your toilet is overflowing and the switch that used to turn on the air conditioner now turns on your stereo.

Too true. And the sink probably clogs itself up again within a week.
It may also set itself on fire. You didn't know it could do that but yes, it can.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 2:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Too true. And the sink probably clogs itself up again within a week.
It may also set itself on fire. You didn't know it could do that but yes, it can.

In chem lab, the sinks caught on fire. Someone dumped a bunch of acetone and alcohol down the sinks. Someone else tossed a match out of habit.

I remember telling the prof his hand was on fire.

I must have had chemistry with the one of the founders of EA.
Site Helper
#5 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 3:01 AM
I remember playing a game of Dungeons and Dragons where a gnome managed to invent exploding toilet paper. She then managed to invent a device that opened wormholes to other worlds. Now I'm wondering if EA has an abnormally short female programmer who has a tendency to say "Hey, let's see what happens when we try THIS!" The current state of the Launcher sounds like something Sieglinda would have invented.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#6 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 5:26 AM
All of the above are really roundabout and very clever/amusing ways of saying that EA already fixed the Launcher and the result was the 1.69 version. We really want them to "fix" it some more?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 12:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
All of the above are really roundabout and very clever/amusing ways of saying that EA already fixed the Launcher and the result was the 1.69 version. We really want them to "fix" it some more?

meaahhh... You're right. I don't want them to "fix" it again.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 2:28 PM Last edited by GrijzePilion : 21st Mar 2017 at 3:23 PM.
I saw Demolition Man last night. I think he'd do a better job of not breaking the game than EA.
But on the other hand, what would a cop know about computer games and shi-

GRIJZEPILION, YOU ARE HEREBY FINED ONE CREDIT FOR VIOLATION OF THE VERBAL MORALITY STATUTE

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )