Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#76 Old 12th Jun 2016 at 2:28 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 12th Jun 2016 at 2:44 AM.
(Hopefully) last day of school yesterday. If my thesis gets a good enough grade, I officially have a Bachelor degree in nursing. I think that might count as my adulting win of the year
*keeps fingers and toes crossed*
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#77 Old 12th Jun 2016 at 3:24 AM
I put on real pants to go out in public and not leggings.
Mad Poster
#78 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 12:35 AM
I paid my bills

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Mad Poster
#79 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 2:47 AM
Made the appointment to see my doctor. This one I haven't seen in years.

On Friday, she might be able to help with my joints and muscles. She always did a bang up job now that I see it clearly.

I hope to get this pain under control.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Instructor
#80 Old 15th Jun 2016 at 7:10 PM Last edited by Rinchan7 : 15th Jun 2016 at 7:20 PM.
It was a close call, but I finally got my degree and graduated from college (I just confirmed it today with the grades posted )

EDIT: I just want to ask, though this may not make sense: Is it normal for say your brain to be happy but your heart feels numb? I'm not sure how to describe this.

Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
...also I've started packing for my trip to America next week.

We've got some American players here, so let us know if you need any recommendations. I'm somewhat used to south California (Los Angeles), so I'll say that getting a TAP card is worth it (it's for public transportation minus trains).

If you need some groceries, I highly recommend the Super King markets. They are very cheap (and hence very popular so it might be a bit difficult moving your cart). Go on the weekend if you want to get some horchata (~$2) from the bakery.

I'm also a hermit though, so now I'm not sure if I know much because nothing is coming to mind, but we do have a food holiday for everyday of the year (they don't get celebrated alot though...just pancake day, I guess). Also If you come in July, on July 11th, 7-11 should be doing free slurpees.
Mad Poster
#81 Old 15th Jun 2016 at 11:07 PM
Thank you @Rinchan7 I'll keep all that in mind, although sadly I will have been and gone by free slurpees time (which is sad because from what I understand slurpees are basically slushies, and I love slushies!).

Also it sounds like you're a little overwhelmed if that feeling is from graduating college. I feel like that too.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#82 Old 17th Jun 2016 at 10:31 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 17th Jun 2016 at 12:32 PM.
Passed my Bachelor thesis! (which means I'm DONE with school!)
My best adulting win of the last decade!
Alchemist
#83 Old 17th Jun 2016 at 1:25 PM
What is adulting anyway? I've heard some rumors, but they never taught anything in school about that.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#84 Old 18th Jun 2016 at 12:43 AM
I take it its time to party hard now?
Test Subject
#85 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 2:41 AM
1. I got up on time today.
2. I interacted with people.
3. Made it to work on time (mostly.)
4. Didn't stay up all night playing sims (for once.)
Now to trash all my progress by watching the first 40 episodes of spongebob.
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 20th Jun 2016 at 7:00 PM
I looked after my flu-ridden sister ^^

And then klepto'd her illness from her ^^;;;;

Manufactured Memoirs - a Sci-Fi sims tale
Test Subject
#87 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 6:32 AM
I have my stuff in order for my Internship in the Fall Though I am so nervous to start my internship that I don't feel very confident but hopefully it isn't too bad.
Field Researcher
#88 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 7:04 PM
I cooked some pasta today

#dreambig
Test Subject
#89 Old 16th Jul 2016 at 10:18 PM
I made a payment to my student loan that i haven't paid in well.......... years

IN WAR, PRAY OVER THE DEAD AND RIDE ON, FOR THERE IS ALWAYS ANOTHER FIGHT ON THE HORIZON.
Theorist
#90 Old 16th Jul 2016 at 11:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
What is adulting anyway?

It's an object that isn't sharp.
Scholar
#91 Old 17th Jul 2016 at 2:37 AM
Snuck in a couple of cokes last night, no hangover this morning despite empty stomach!
Mad Poster
#92 Old 17th Jul 2016 at 3:23 AM
Last week I became a guideparent to my cousin's baby boy (I dislike the word godparent, since I'm not religious, and our word for it is non-religious anyway). He's such a cute little baby, hardly makes a sound and spends most of his time sleeping. For now, anyway...

I remember back when my first nephew was born - I felt so awkward around kids and babies in general. But now I'm getting good at baby care. By the way, apologies for the noise, but my biological clock is ticking very loudly in the background...
Instructor
#93 Old 19th Jul 2016 at 7:02 PM Last edited by Gremily_ : 20th Jul 2016 at 5:05 PM.
Not quite a win yet, but I'm taking my driver's test tomorrow morning.
I'm not expecting to pass....but just maybe I'll succeed.

Edit: I didn't pass by any means.
Scholar
#94 Old 20th Jul 2016 at 5:21 PM
Not necessarily an adult win, persay... But over the last month I have completely dropped pop/soda/whatever you want to call it. I was drinking absurd amounts of it a day. Now, thanks to Sparkling water, I have dropped it, and also have not had a sugary drink in forever, as the types of Sparkling water I have been drinking is completely unsweetened! I'm so proud of myself... Now please let me lose weight and be able to fit into cute stuff again. And let me become attractive so I can date for the first time in forever?

I also have an apartment, and have been getting furniture for it.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Lab Assistant
#95 Old 2nd Aug 2016 at 7:55 PM
You.....you can WIN while ADULTING???

HOW?!?!?!?!!

Been downloading like crazy...so many great creators here! Neglecting forums...will be back soon...ish.
Mad Poster
#96 Old 2nd Aug 2016 at 9:16 PM
I've been a fully functioning adult for over a week now. It's super surprising. I'm getting my house together. More furniture is coming tomorrow. I've been making sure my little brother is fed and clothed and has a roof over his head.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 6th Aug 2016 at 2:32 AM
I could be wrong, but I guess this is considered adulting with an adult win. Sorry, for the partial novel and guitar nerd details ahead.
I went to guitar center today to buy some new strings and more picks (I swear picks feel like they always grow feet and walk off.)
I saw a kid with his parents buying him another guitar and amp, so they were asking the staff questions.
A few words were exchanged and they mentioned how someone had robbed them, including the kids setup. So they were on a budget.
But, the kid really loves playing guitar and I know being in sales you have to sell certain items throughout the month to meet the quota,
which the main sales rep was giving them a minimum budget of $2000 for both a guitar along with an amp.
(I know equipment isn't cheap, but Jesus, a bit overboard isn't it?)
I hate being nosy but I saw the disappointment on the kids face when the parents said they couldn't afford it. They didn't know anything when it came to guitars or amps.
I ended up walking over to the kid and parents before they were about to leave, the sales rep ended up being busy with someone else at this stage, trying to sell the
same thing. To which that also failed. Issue was the fact he was trying to sell to a well known guitarist here in town .
The kid is just 12 years old and had more of a sense of maturity than the sales rep.
Asked him what gear he had before, my experiences playing guitar and what would be best to have on a budget (have been for 10 years, not trying to boast or rub it in.)
I asked him what style and sound he's looking for - Metal\Hard Rock was his response. Also mentioned what tuning he really likes.
I eventually showed him what guitars are best for that sound along with the combo amps displayed. The sales rep was showing him guitars around $900
and amps around $1000 or so. This kid isn't wanting to go around gigging, he's been playing for only a year and a half.
So I saw a few Schecter's and LTD's around that were below $400, and spent time with the kid.
Even tuned down his guitars for him and taught him a few things on techniques, jammed out with him. The sales rep dude was trying to I'm assuming, one up
me trying to "teach the kid from afar." Don't get me wrong, he's really good, better than I could play on certain types of fast paced solos with no emotion . (Again, I'm not trying to come across as seeming conceited or a know it all. I can't get the fact of how the sales rep attitude was towards the kid and his parents. I sincerely am trying to help them out here.)
Seemed like he was just showing off than actually trying to teach someone, just going about it made him look like an asshat to me. The kid still stuck with me.
He eventually got a Schecter Diamond series they had for roughly around $300 (was like $297). It was used but in good condition.
Then the amp (same model I use for practice.) I had him play on was a Line 6 combo amp spider 4 75 watt, which also was used but was around $150.
Really good combo amp for starters and even used among some guitarists today.
So he got that amp. The total bill was like $497 (gotta have a good cable cord which was like 20 bucks, then of course tax).
The kid and the parents thanked me, and the sales rep guy seemed a bit pissed off. All in all, if you're going to adult, don't be a dick about it.

"Go to Heaven for the Climate, Hell for the company." - Mark Twain
Scholar
#98 Old 9th Aug 2016 at 11:24 AM
I kept going to work and didn't quit even though I may have cyclic vomiting syndrome and have thrown up at least once per day for the past few weeks...I also paid my parents back for an impulse buy which they appreciated. And I got approved for in state tuition with the Academic Common Market, applied to a new job at the local library, did my laundry, and have cut out alcohol for about 2 weeks. It's also been about 4 months since I last self-harmed (trying to make it to a year). I guess these aren't 'adulting' wins per se, more just 'life wins,' lol. I have an appointment with a new psychiatrist this morning and I'm going to try and make an appointment with a gastroenterologist today. I also had a very civil conversation with my coworker about politics - we have very different views but I kept things neutral and didn't get into it too much.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Mad Poster
#99 Old 12th Aug 2016 at 12:57 AM
Job interview tomorrow
Scholar
#100 Old 12th Aug 2016 at 1:12 AM
I'm officially living on my own and will soon have bills. Yikes. >.<

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Page 4 of 6