Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th May 2015 at 11:07 AM Last edited by The_Frosty Dr. : 19th May 2015 at 2:37 AM. Reason: added pc specs
Default Launch error
Hello, I've been experiencing an error that only started occurring after using this program http://www.3dvia.com/forums/topic/3dvia-printscreen Of course, I was seeing if I could rip sim models with it. After I exited, due to an un-pause glitch (which means the game won't unpause for some reason), and relaunched after removing one mod that I had just added before, relaunching (it still worked), and that previous problem was still there. So I concluded to remove a couple of mods, after that, I launched it (after giving it an update first I believe), and I get this error:

Its hard for me to find a solution online, as not many people get this specific error. Everything I have tried regardless hasn't worked (i.e. reinstalling vcredist_x64 or x86)

Can anyone help me please?
I really don't want to reinstall Sims 4 unless its the ONLY option available. (I'd appreciate to know if I'd lose my addons that EA has added over the months)

PC Specs:

Processor: Intel Core i7-4790 @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus Ranger VII (number I'm unsure of)

Frosty

"Yesterday is History, Tomorrow a Mystery, Today is a Gift, That is why it is called the Present"
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 9th May 2015 at 11:53 AM Last edited by mummy_001 : 9th May 2015 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Another question
A few people have said that uninstalling and reinstalling has not helped solve this issue. I found this bit of info, not sure if you tried it or not. I'm wondering if at step 4 you try repair via Origin instead.
Just as a side note and you probably did but I will ask anyway. Have you removed all mods and cc to see if the game runs?

This is the info I found:

1. Go to Windows Update

2. Click Installed Updates

3. Find Update KB2918614 in the list and uninstall it.
1.Restart your computer.
2.Run Sims 4 installation again
3.PlaySims 4

Oh I just thought to ask did you try uninstalling the printscreen program you installed that started the whole issue in the first place?
The program hasn't been updated in 2 years from what I can gather when reading the page you linked us to. It actually wont work on 64bit systems even in compatibility mode it is causing the problems you are describing. I would get rid of it and try something else that is better supported.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th May 2015 at 12:48 AM
Ok, I've uninstalled that update, and restarted, I also removed the mods. Nothing has changed just yet. But I just finished repairing the game via origin. And that doesn't fix the problem.

I did delete the printscreen program right after I started getting the problem. I'm just starting to get a little upset, because if I can't solve this issue, then I can't play Sims 4 again. Its by far more important to me than trying to get sim models via a ripping program! Also, if I uninstall, and reinstall, will I lose all the content EA has updated for the game? I.e. the holiday pack, valentine's day pack, Easter pack, St. Patrick's Day pack, and the May the 4th pack? I can't afford to lose those things! And redownloading them even still would take up a couple of GBs. :\

"Yesterday is History, Tomorrow a Mystery, Today is a Gift, That is why it is called the Present"
Scholar
#4 Old 10th May 2015 at 1:28 AM
Did you then run windows update after the restart for it to reinstall that update?

You wont lose what you legally own. It will automatically be reinstalled.
Can you try renaming you Sims 4 folder (in your My Documents Folder) to Sims 4 Backup.
Then try run the game and see what happens.
The game itself will generate a complete new sims 4 folder.
If the game works this way then you should be able to slowly add back your CC, Mods, saved games etc: from the folder that you renamed.
Try this before embarking on a complete reinstall.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th May 2015 at 5:59 AM
No, but I did just now and Sims 4 still comes up with that error.

I'm glad I won't lose the content that I've downloaded over the past few months.
I renamed the folder and still nothing. :\ This tells me that it has to do with the folder Sims 4 is installed in.
I do notice that there is a kernel32.dll in the game's bin, here's a picture:

However, I think it may not have been there when I was checking around the other day, so I copied in another kernel32.dll that I downloaded in precaution that it may have been missing from system32 (however I just left it and copied the one from system32 folder instead). Sims 4 still didn't run. I don't remember if it was already there or not when I first checked the bin after first getting the error.

But if there no other things that may fix it, I'll just have to reinstall. I just hope it won't kill our limited internet usage.

Scholar
#6 Old 10th May 2015 at 6:35 AM
Here is a pic of mine. Your right I think you need to reinstall. At least you have a copy of your Sims 4 folder named backup.
Once uninstalled Navigate back to the Origin Games folder and check to make sure there is no folder of the sims 4 left there.
Then restart your pc/laptop, sign into Origin and reinstall the Game from there.
Once your done run the game BEFORE adding anything back into the mods folder.
Good Luck. I do hope you get it sorted.
Let me know how you get on
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th May 2015 at 4:32 AM Last edited by The_Frosty Dr. : 11th May 2015 at 4:45 AM. Reason: found another error
Quote: Originally posted by mummy_001
Here is a pic of mine. Your right I think you need to reinstall. At least you have a copy of your Sims 4 folder named backup.
Once uninstalled Navigate back to the Origin Games folder and check to make sure there is no folder of the sims 4 left there.
Then restart your pc/laptop, sign into Origin and reinstall the Game from there.
Once your done run the game BEFORE adding anything back into the mods folder.
Good Luck. I do hope you get it sorted.
Let me know how you get on

Ok, I did try something, I've read that Origin can be used like steam when it comes to downloading games, if I take a copy of the installed files, uninstall the game, then place the backup files back, it wouldn't have to redownload, it does work like steam. But sadly, it did not fix the problem.

I'm starting to fear the worst that maybe I can never play sims 4 ever again because of this stupid error.
My only option left is to literally redownload the game. Its either this, or maybe Origin itself is missing the file?

And yes, I've already tried running vcredist_x86 as I stated in the op.

EDIT: (I tried a way that I found on a youtube video description) I tried running this in command prompt: regsvr32 kernel32.dll

and I get this error!

Could someone tell me how to fix this?? Fixing this may fix the problem!

Scholar
#8 Old 11th May 2015 at 6:32 AM
Ok What version of Windows do you have? I am wondering if you need to run a repair option to fix this kernel32.dll error.
Perhaps the program you first installed messed with the windows system files when uninstalling. Its a long shot..... From what I understand this is a pretty critical .dll that lots of programs use.
Lots of people have reported that uninstalling the Sims 4 and reinstalling has not fixed this error.
So perhaps it is actually an Operating system file error not actually the Sims 4 Error...

First try System restore to a date prior to installing the 3D software as it is most likely that program that messed with the Kernel.32. Often installing or uninstalling certain programs can mess with this file via the registry.
If that does not work then try the repair option using your Windows Operating Disk or via the recovery system that most recent computers have. The repair option needs to be done carefully as so not to delete important files on your comp. Most times the repair does not remove anything but backup important things first.
If that also fails to fix it then it may be a reformat.
From what I have read these may be the only way to fix this error.
Someone may jump in and offer another solution but these are the only options I think you are left with.
Scholar
#9 Old 11th May 2015 at 12:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kampffenhoff
There is also vcredist_x64. Maybe you need to run that.

If you read the OP post he has already tried those.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 11th May 2015 at 8:14 PM
a. Click on Start button.
b. Type ‘cmd’ in the Start Search box and press enter.
c. Right click on the “cmd” and run as administrator.
d. Type the following commands and press Enter: regsvr32 KERNELBASE.dll
e. Restart your computer and check if it helps.

This re registers the kernel base.dll.
If anyone else has suggested this and it didn't work, sorry, but some people are on my ignore list so I don't see what everyone posts.
Scholar
#11 Old 12th May 2015 at 8:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kampffenhoff
a. Click on Start button.
b. Type ‘cmd’ in the Start Search box and press enter.
c. Right click on the “cmd” and run as administrator.
d. Type the following commands and press Enter: regsvr32 KERNELBASE.dll
e. Restart your computer and check if it helps.

This re registers the kernel base.dll.
If anyone else has suggested this and it didn't work, sorry, but some people are on my ignore list so I don't see what everyone posts.

LOL the OP posted a pic of the error he gets when doing this, its about 3 posts up
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th May 2015 at 8:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mummy_001
LOL the OP posted a pic of the error he gets when doing this, its about 3 posts up

"She" Anyway, sorry for the late reply, but yesterday I found that System Restore is NOT an option. As all the recent changes has deleted the last possible restore point for me to go back to prior to the error and installation of the 3d program. Its just really upsetting me, because I can't stand not playing Sims 4 again.

Make that 4. I am disappointed at the fact that typing even this doesn't work, as I just get an error, it must be missing.
There has to be a way to fix this missing file. I just don't understand why this all had to happen? I suppose its my own fault, but I never knew it would happen.
It did NOT start straight after I exited Sims 4 after using the program on it. It only started after one more start up
(which of course was in attempt to stop another weird problem via removing my most recent downloaded mod which didn't work so I removed a whole bunch then it acted up, replacing the mods doesn't change).

Oh yes, I may as well give my system specs as well:

Scholar
#13 Old 13th May 2015 at 12:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The_Frosty Dr.
"She" Anyway, sorry for the late reply, but yesterday I found that System Restore is NOT an option. As all the recent changes has deleted the last possible restore point for me to go back to prior to the error and installation of the 3d program. Its just really upsetting me, because I can't stand not playing Sims 4 again.

Make that 4. I am disappointed at the fact that typing even this doesn't work, as I just get an error, it must be missing.
There has to be a way to fix this missing file. I just don't understand why this all had to happen? I suppose its my own fault, but I never knew it would happen.
It did NOT start straight after I exited Sims 4 after using the program on it. It only started after one more start up
(which of course was in attempt to stop another weird problem via removing my most recent downloaded mod which didn't work so I removed a whole bunch then it acted up, replacing the mods doesn't change).

Oh yes, I may as well give my system specs as well:

Im so sorry I said he instead of she, my bad on that one.

Next thing to try is the System File Checker it will scan files and fix any errors it finds. Sometimes it can not fix errors but it will give a log of these and you can then use that to help find a fix.
Have a read of the following link and follow the directions. Let us know how you get on.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833/en-au
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 14th May 2015 at 4:00 AM
:\ I tried it, and it gave me: "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

One thing I plan to do, is re-run Windows 7 installer, or something like that, it won't touch my data, but system data.
And hopefully replace the problematic dll thing. If there are still any other suggestions, please share. But I just have
to hope that this will fix it if nothing else.

Scholar
#15 Old 14th May 2015 at 5:58 AM
:\ I tried it, and it gave me: "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

One thing I plan to do, is re-run Windows 7 installer, or something like that, it won't touch my data, but system data.
And hopefully replace the problematic dll thing. If there are still any other suggestions, please share. But I just have
to hope that this will fix it if nothing else.

that was my next suggestion. take a look at the following link.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorial...ir-install.html
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 14th May 2015 at 9:50 AM Last edited by The_Frosty Dr. : 14th May 2015 at 10:16 AM.
I actually looked at that before I came here. However, its a long complicated thing that I may lose my data, I don't want to take any risks.

However I did find this: http://www.dllsuite.net/QA/how-to-f...or-windows-pcs/

However, there are never any true freeware programs, it only fixed 10 problems, where there were 251. It does allow me to select which dlls to fix.
I don't see anything marked kernel32.dll unless there was another dll associated with it. But honestly, I don't want to have to reinstall windows if it means a potential loss in data.
And it takes a lot of time, which I don't have.

It also allows me to download the missing file, but...honestly, I'm iffy when it comes to downloading a dll. And considering the fact that the "dllregister entry point" seems to be missing, and NO ONE has told me anything about that, and if IT is causing the problem, also considering that I suppose it being missing means I cannot register any dlls, correct me if needed.

EDIT: Downloading doesn't even work. Maybe that's a good thing :3

Forum Resident
#17 Old 14th May 2015 at 3:26 PM
SOLUTION OF Regsvr32: DllRegisterServer entry point was not found,

Go to systemdrive(generally c\system32 and search file "Regsvr32.exe"
Right click and click in properties and go to security tab and click in advanced button.
Click in owner tab and click edit and select administrators and click ok.
Click in permissions
Click in change permissions.
Choose administrators and click edit and put tick on full control and click ok.
Similarly, choose SYSTEM and edit and put tick on full control and click ok and click in other dialog box which are opened.
Now .dll files can be registered and error don't come, you should re-install any software whose dll files was not registered during installation.

Have you tried the above? If you have ignore this as I haven't time to read through the thread.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 15th May 2015 at 12:56 AM
I will try that. But I did just realise that the update I got for Sims 4 the day it acted up IS the cause of this problem. Why? Because with this 3DVIA program, the game launched fine two times, only on the third try, I updated before launching, and it acted up then. So, tomorrow I'm contacting Origin, if doing what you said doesn't fix the launch error, even if it fixed the dll. I may have to reinstall Sims 4 again though. Also me uninstalling 3dvia probably took part in it as well. As I know that installing and uninstalling things sometimes messes with dlls.

I will try that, thanks. (but I will most likely still be contacting origin, if the problem isn't 100% resolved)

Forum Resident
#19 Old 15th May 2015 at 6:25 AM
I will try that. But I did just realise that the update I got for Sims 4 the day it acted up IS the cause of this problem. Why? Because with this 3DVIA program, the game launched fine two times, only on the third try, I updated before launching, and it acted up then. So, tomorrow I'm contacting Origin, if doing what you said doesn't fix the launch error, even if it fixed the dll. I may have to reinstall Sims 4 again though. Also me uninstalling 3dvia probably took part in it as well. As I know that installing and uninstalling things sometimes messes with dlls.

I will try that, thanks. (but I will most likely still be contacting origin, if the problem isn't 100% resolved)

I'm sorry you've had such problems and hope you get them fixed. Let me know if you do please.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 16th May 2015 at 12:07 AM
Well, there was another update for sims 4, and still no.

Looks like the only one who can help is Origin. I hope. Else I'm never playing sims 4 again!

Forum Resident
#21 Old 16th May 2015 at 7:17 AM
Well, there was another update for sims 4, and still no.

Looks like the only one who can help is Origin. I hope. Else I'm never playing sims 4 again!

So sorry you can't fix it. Hope Origin will help.
Scholar
#22 Old 16th May 2015 at 9:10 AM
Origin wont be able to help as its a Operating System error with the .dll file.
I would try running the repair with the Windows 7 disc. Although it says it wont change or remove any of your settings or documents I would still back up your important stuff. Remember to also back up passwords, emails, favourites, my documents folder, contacts (in your email address book) and anything else you don't want to lose.
I hope you get it sorted. If the repair option fails you may be in for a reformat.
I have reformatted many Operating Systems in my time so let me know if you need any help. There are lots of good tutorials to follow on your smart phone while your reformatting.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 18th May 2015 at 8:19 AM
Well, I don't know how to run repair with win7 disc, all that shows up if I try to run it (via going to computer and clicking on it and then autorun or something) is "Install" option I really hope that can help if I can get it to repair, because I don't think I want to do a reformat, unless that is the only thing that can fix it definitely.

Forum Resident
#24 Old 18th May 2015 at 4:27 PM Last edited by kampffenhoff : 18th May 2015 at 5:06 PM.
Well, I don't know how to run repair with win7 disc, all that shows up if I try to run it (via going to computer and clicking on it and then autorun or something) is "Install" option I really hope that can help if I can get it to repair, because I don't think I want to do a reformat, unless that is the only thing that can fix it definitely.

Is this any help?http://www.pcworld.com/article/2431...stallation.html

Anyhow, comparing your game bin to mine, mine does not have two files yours has. Mine does not have a kernel32.dll or a d3d9.dll. My d3d9.dll is in my windows system 32 folder.

Ever tried simply backing them up to your desktop and trying to start the game without them and seeing what happens? Mine runs perfectly without them.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 19th May 2015 at 2:30 AM
Lemme just say that I put the kernel32.dll file in my game bin just in case, I removed it after that it did nothing, but I didn't do anything with a d3d9.dll, i don't know if its meant to be there, or not, i'll remove it just in case.

IT WORKED!!! IT WORKED!!! MY SIMS LAUNCH AGAIN! THANK YOU! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I removed that dll, and the game launches again!

THANK YOU!

Page 1 of 2