Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#51 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 5:44 PM
Damn, dude.
So how are you making that distant terrain move?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#52 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Ok, I uploaded it. It is in queue. Just look for "MS Plumbob Dream - Economy Deck" in the TS3 residential. Enjoy!

What an awesome job @nitromon. This question really belongs in the "Stupid Questions" forum:
Where is your download? I can't figure out how to look for MS Plumbob Dream in "queue"
Theorist
Original Poster
#54 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 3:04 PM
Now the 1st lot has an open space middle, I kinda don't want 2 lots being so similar.

Maybe you could put a walkway corridor on one of the lots, on the top floor, like an X going across so it won't be so open?
I'm also wondering whether both lots are planned to be placed in the centre lot, or just anywhere?

Another thing I'm baffled by is in the v2 download, there is an extra bit of cc in there, a clone of an Eco Pack plant...called 'plantlight' or something. It didn't show up in my catalogue however the ship is populated with them. What's it for?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
#55 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 3:20 PM Last edited by GrijzePilion : 7th Sep 2017 at 3:36 PM.
Damn, that looks like you're in the middle of a futuristic apartment complex or something. With a bit of editing trickery you could probably clone that 10 times, warp the perspective a little, and make it look like there's 50 more floors up there.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Top Secret Researcher
#57 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 5:54 PM
@nitromon - Thank's for your response. No wonder I couldn't find the download.
I've been playing around building a little which made me appreciate all the more all the work you did. WOW.

I changed that aft lot in the back of the ship to a Base Camp. Mid Deck 3 Shops and Spas, Mid Deck 2 is a Resort, Mid Deck 1 Entertainment and the forward deck Residential where the ships staff and crew will live. Have one worker living there now.
Dropped the nhd file in one of my other worlds and had my sim take a cruise for 3 days (happy to see then landed in the Base Camp) and then traveled them to France. For the going home just did it the regular way so I'm pretending they are flying home.

Looking forward to seeing your new ship. It will, for sure be a hell of a lot better than what I'm doing here. Good therapy for me though. Keeps me out of trouble and off the streets.

Thank you again.
Mad Poster
#58 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 5:58 PM
Well you can't go upwards unless you just want a big square building, which wouldn't look nice. But you can definitely go downward. Originally I had thought of doing that by making more NPC apartment floors in the basements. But then the lot is huge, I don't think it needs anymore floors. The stairs do have an illusion going down to the basement though.

Oh I'm not saying I think you should do that. I think it looks fine the way it is. I'm saying that if you were to pretend this open space surrounded by cabins was actually a small park in the middle of a giant apartment tower, you could use it as a set for a machinima or an illustrated story by copying-and-pasting the apartment floors in Photoshop and stacking them on top of one another.

insert signature here
Theorist
#60 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 3:33 PM
I will be waiting patiently for your lots! They look great. Totally understand how it requires so much time and patience - it's basically why I never even started! Love it that you're working on these though and they look terrific.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Page 3 of 3