Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 11:40 PM
Default only LOD0 works?
I downloaded a bunch of CC by Zauma, and something a bit frustrating I noticed was that only LOD0 has the proper mesh, the other LODs don't. for example, there will be a hair mesh on LOD0, but 2-3 has a base game mesh. I tried to fix it by fixing the LODs myself, but the base game meshes say they have 0 polygons and I can't replace them. if I export the base game mesh, it doesn't show up as anything but the rig in blender! I'm sitting here thinking "how is this possible," but then again, I'm still a beginner. so... how can I go about fixing this issue?
Advertisement
Banned
Original Poster
#2 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 11:04 PM
I don't know where else to go to get an answer to this question
Scholar
#3 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 7:02 PM
Having zero polygons for LODs 2 & 3, is probably a good thing, it's better than LOD0 hair imported on all LODs without any reducement of Polygons, which then I'll take that as serious issue.

Unless LOD2 and LOD3s Polygons were insanely high, they are not worth fixing, the sims have to be so far away for the game to use them anyway, and that distance you couldn't tell if they were wearing any hair or bald or what. But at least there are no polygons, so will be no performance hit.

Maybe the creator took a shortcut, but they did something right.
Banned
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 1:03 AM
but will that make the mesh disappear when the camera is zoomed out, making it turn into the mesh it was cloned from? I had that happen with someone's typewriter that functioned as a computer, and when you zoomed out, it turned back into a computer, so I had to fix it myself. with zauma's stuff, I haven't tested them in game yet.
Scholar
#5 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 5:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Reitanna
but will that make the mesh disappear when the camera is zoomed out, making it turn into the mesh it was cloned from? I had that happen with someone's typewriter that functioned as a computer, and when you zoomed out, it turned back into a computer, so I had to fix it myself. with zauma's stuff, I haven't tested them in game yet.

Quite possibly. I think Zauma was lazy and just didn't add the other LODs. I never responded, because I don't know to fix the problem. It's my thought that it was laziness, because I know I've downloaded a few custom content clothing items that were fine until I zoomed out and so now I check everything in Sims 4 Studio before it goes in game. Except for those few things, I've never had any custom content that didn't include all the LODs, but I have gotten rid of a lot that very poor low LODS. In all cases, it was either a newer creator or one that I should have known better than to use their things in the first place (not naming names).
Banned
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 10:24 PM
I managed to contact her on her youtube, and she said that she can't apply other LODs or morphs to converted items. she also said the other LODs shouldn't be needed for her stuff, but I'm not sure how that's possible. not having morphs is a second problem I have for her stuff, but I'm not sure if I should start a different thread to try and get help for that.
Scholar
#7 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 10:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Reitanna
I managed to contact her on her youtube, and she said that she can't apply other LODs or morphs to converted items. she also said the other LODs shouldn't be needed for her stuff, but I'm not sure how that's possible. not having morphs is a second problem I have for her stuff, but I'm not sure if I should start a different thread to try and get help for that.

And yet other creators can do what she says she can't, so the problem lies therein with her. I would go to the Sims 4 Studio forums and try to get help if you're going to tackle this on your own.
Banned
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 2:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
And yet other creators can do what she says she can't, so the problem lies therein with her. I would go to the Sims 4 Studio forums and try to get help if you're going to tackle this on your own.

I can't post on the S4S forums for reasons that would take forever to explain -_- thanks for trying to help though. I hope someone will come across this thread who knows what I can do to fix it, but I might also go to the sims forums