1 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#5201 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 4:46 PM
@Rosebine, no, unfortunately it will not-the generated pixel will be just another sim to the lot..but you can pretend, too..

Frog, you just gave me another idea of how to generate a nanny! Thanks for the thanks, and the idea!

As for the use of the tombstone that way-I've populated Mosquito Creek with 20 playables I created, and 20 of the randomized ones using the Tombstone. Quite interesting to see the results...they generate with random names,(quite hysterical at times) personalities and often aspirations.

You do have to set the secondary aspiration once you get them done.
It's also a way to create an orphanage..spawn as many babies as you want, and give them first names. Voila, instant babies!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#5202 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 4:49 PM
Ok. But that roomie will be a real roomie that you do not control and shows up where the pets shows up in the control panel..right?
I am done questioning now, I just never spawned any sim this way.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#5203 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 4:55 PM
The roomie will be fully controllable and shows up in the same panel line up as the original sim.

Just like any other household.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#5204 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 7:07 PM
I think people asking for the "roommate" feature in regular houses were looking for a sim who would go about their business and wouldn't be controllable.
just a girl
#5205 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Voeille
Another impossible wish – plant prices working like in TS1. If you place them in free build mode (without sims living there), they don’t influence the price of the lot, so you could build a starter house and then add a huge jungle around it, and it’d still be a starter house. However, on an occupied lot you need to pay for plants and you don’t get the money back if you remove them.

It is possible, actually.
Scholar
#5206 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 9:00 PM
I’d like if the Community Time hack worked in uni subhoods. It’s really annoying when I have more than one sim in my household and send someone on a community lot – because of that the sent sim will magically become an older student. It’d be best if the semester time didn’t pass at all while visiting a lot, but only on the home lot with that one sim shown as away (just like they’re shown in normal hoods) – then the semesters would stay as they were before I decided to go somewhere. Because of how annoying it is I stopped sending sims on community lots at uni, unless I play with a single sim or send all of them.

@Lamare it’d be great if such a mod appeared at some point then

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Mad Poster
#5207 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 9:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
That would be the ideal thing, but I'm not sure on how a modder could go about adding those restrictions

Couldn't you just make the sim unselectable?

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#5208 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 9:49 PM
Adults can do that, too. While Naomi Gavigan was in college she went along with her big brother on a vacation, spent too long in the hot tub and on the beach, overheated, and went home.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#5209 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 8:07 AM
A neighborhood deco effect for fireflies. Could place them on the fields of my fake farmhouses.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5210 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 8:38 AM
To those of you who play uni in the main hood, is there some way to give them a custom major? My YA can't click on the flags.
Wrong thread!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5211 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 3:01 PM
Hack that would have invited sims arrive in their own vehicle (that is, If your playables have available driveway/helipad).
Forum Resident
#5212 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 7:58 PM
3t2 canning station...

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Mad Poster
#5213 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 10:56 PM
Actually...it looks like someone did the 3t2 conversion of the canning station: http://verounique.livejournal.com/28644.html No idea if/how it works, though.
Mad Poster
#5214 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 11:17 PM
@Rosawyn and I, probably PenelopeT as well, would really like to see a mod allowing non-parent sims to Ask To Watch Kids.
This interaction seems to only allow a parent to ask for their own children. What happens though, when a teen needs help, taking care of her younger siblings when she's at school?
I've tried poking the code myself, but I think I'll need more knowledge before I can come up with something like that!

Mad Poster
#5215 Old 2nd Apr 2017 at 12:21 AM
I'd like global mods that remove skill gain from all toddler objects. With longer age spans there's really no reason for toddlers to learn skills, they have plenty of time for that later. I'd rather they just get to be kids and have fun for the sake of fun. Plus the skill bar looks ugly in screenshots.

Could make it myself, but so many projects and so little time.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#5216 Old 2nd Apr 2017 at 12:24 AM
Oh! great idea...You are so right..But then, to go along with this, we'd need a total redo of their Wants, so they would not roll skill wants anymore.

Scholar
#5217 Old 2nd Apr 2017 at 12:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
I'd like global mods that remove skill gain from all toddler objects. With longer age spans there's really no reason for toddlers to learn skills, they have plenty of time for that later. I'd rather they just get to be kids and have fun for the sake of fun. Plus the skill bar looks ugly in screenshots.

Could make it myself, but so many projects and so little time.

I’m the opposite with respect to that, I like to start building skills as soon as possible With my alien toddlers (I make aliens smarter with batbox so they have at least one benefit) I can build a nice amount of skills on the default lifespan.

I’d like a mod that would make repairing the car social. By default, when two sims are repairing it, their social bar doesn’t increase and they don’t chat, which is unrealistic.

Simblr
Mad Poster
#5218 Old 2nd Apr 2017 at 12:27 AM
2 sims repairing a car?..You mean, one works on Body, the other on Engine..?..You can do that? lol I never noticed.

Scholar
#5219 Old 2nd Apr 2017 at 12:59 AM
Yes they can do that

Simblr
Mad Poster
#5220 Old 2nd Apr 2017 at 1:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt

I wouldn't exactly know where to find them, but I know there are mods that slow skilling down for all sims. I think there are also mods to limit skill gains in toddlers and children (much as they were limited in TS3), but putting a certain cap on the skills for each age group. Again, wouldn't know where to find them, but I've seen references these mods. I guess it's not exactly what you're looking for, though.
Mad Poster
#5221 Old 2nd Apr 2017 at 2:29 AM
True Rosebine, hadn't thought of that. Though I wouldn't be that bothered by it, I can always fill a want with boolprop if they are at risk of aspiration failure.

Not surprised you don't see the point Voeille, I know you have all Sims max all skills. To each their own, but I think you'll get bored of that eventually

I wouldn't want slower skilling, don't want to punish my YAs. I reset skills at each life stage, which is not everyones cup of tea but I like it that way. I know I could manually stop them skilling with the simblender, but that would mean manual fiddling. And I'm not sure if that gets rid of the bar. It's not annoying enough to be worth the hassle, but annoying enough to merit wishing for to exist If there's a global mod that stops it automatically for all toddlers/children that also gets rid of the bar that might be interesting, should be easy enough to modify the limits. Thanks Rosawyn, I'll try to find it.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5222 Old 2nd Apr 2017 at 3:02 AM
@Rosawyn The simblender with the flavour pack added has skilling limits. You do have to set each skill for each sim though, one at a time.

One slower skilling http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...p?topic=12391.0 I think there are others. I found it was too slow.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5223 Old 2nd Apr 2017 at 5:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Actually...it looks like someone did the 3t2 conversion of the canning station: http://verounique.livejournal.com/28644.html No idea if/how it works, though.

Does anyone know if it works or is just deco?
Forum Resident
#5224 Old 2nd Apr 2017 at 6:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Does anyone know if it works or is just deco?
I'm pretty sure the station works as a regular stove. It's great, but I still like the idea of my sims making jams. Maybe I can look for a custom food item that looks like jam jars...

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Mad Poster
#5225 Old 2nd Apr 2017 at 7:06 AM
Custom crafting stations sounds like something they'd have at PBK. Too bad every single one requires OFB. :P
Page 209 of 582