Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 2:36 AM
Eeeeeh. thankyou. Like Soooo Much. I hated that dumb shale.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 6:07 PM
Wheres the file for the snow texture?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#78 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 8:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yurmomishawt
Wheres the file for the snow texture?

In the Misc Textures zip- if you click 'View custom content' next to the download file you can see the content of the zip.
The other one
#79 Old 28th Dec 2010 at 9:16 AM Last edited by missroxor : 28th Dec 2010 at 9:21 AM. Reason: Linking to first page of threaad instead of 3rd :)
Have just been directed to this thread at the official TS3 site by auntielynds. Lots of very useful textures including links to roads and textures from Bridgeport.

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Test Subject
#80 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 12:27 PM
Hi i have tried this and it works do you think you could change the file type to a png or something, i cant download any of the dds files because i cannot open them, and i cannot find a programme to change them. Thanks
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#81 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 12:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JohannaLou
Hi i have tried this and it works do you think you could change the file type to a png or something, i cant download any of the dds files because i cannot open them, and i cannot find a programme to change them. Thanks

You don't need to open these files, just save them without opening. The game can read them just file.
Field Researcher
#82 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 6:45 AM
Thanks much appreciated
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 3:57 AM
Deeney if you want a free program to play with DDS files then try Paint.Net v3.5.6 from here

Just make sure when you save as DDS your files are DXT3 (explicit alpha) and make sure you have the Generate mip maps option checked when saving them so that they are in the correct format for SIMS3 and accept the option to "flatten" when the save process completes.

Regards

Moria
Test Subject
#84 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 5:18 PM
No thank you button, so thanking you in a comment!! I have been playing with CAW and will just *love* using these textures to brighten up my worlds! Thank you so much for creating them and sharing!!
Test Subject
#85 Old 21st May 2011 at 7:50 PM
Default Crystal Rock
Hi guys,

Here is mine, it's a rock texture crystals style, I made it for a world I'm making.

1024x1024px seamless,

Tell me what you think.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  TGA_rock_crystal.zip (2.95 MB, 423 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Crystal rock texture in .tga
Test Subject
#86 Old 22nd May 2011 at 10:26 PM
Thankyou, spent ages trying to get my mountains to look halfway decent with the standard textures, finally gave up and came here looking for new ones.
Test Subject
#87 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 3:15 AM
Ah, thank you! These are just what I've been needing!
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 8:00 PM
Ah mah gad, I love you!

Like my pictures? Check out the full sized art at http://makibird.deviantart.com
Test Subject
#89 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 1:24 AM
thanks a bunch!
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 4:16 PM
Thanks all of you for this work!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#91 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 3:24 PM
The thread from auntilynds (linked by missroxor above) has been updated to include paint and road textures from Appaloosa Plains as well.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Test Subject
#92 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 9:17 PM
Thank you. They look natural and good in game
Test Subject
#93 Old 20th Nov 2011 at 6:45 AM
Great mod
Helps alot when creating cool landscapes
Test Subject
#94 Old 21st Dec 2011 at 5:30 AM
Thanks, and that EIG Batch tool is the best. Makes life a whole lot better, course thats another thread, time restrains, so I put both thanks here lol.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#95 Old 24th Dec 2011 at 1:49 AM
james20150, that batch file is by a completely different person, they will not see your thanks here. You should post in their thread.
Test Subject
#96 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 10:16 AM
Thanks you guys! I feel like the kid that had one crayon and suddenly got the box with 64.
Banned
#97 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 7:16 AM
omg your awesome, I'm just starting to get into CAW and attempting to create my own terrain paints....yeah not pretty. Your a lifesaver.
Test Subject
#98 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 4:19 PM
is this still working? Because when i try to download it, it gives me this error:

No cookies found!

No valid MTS login could be found. Please note that you must be logged into MTS to use this server.

Reasons for this not working are:

If you are logged in, then make sure you aren't using any kind of cookie blocker, like Norton Internet Security.
Try allowing "modthesims.info" in your security software for cookies.
MAKE SURE you have ticked the "Remember Me" option when logging in. If you do not, then you will not be able to download.

Generated by getfile.php

plz help i can't find anywhere else to get terrains for CAW
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#99 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 9:16 PM
cbearc- check that you have the URL modthesims.info at the top of the page. Downloads will not work if you are using modthesims2.com or [something].modthesims2.com.

If you still have problems after checking the URL, enabling modthesims.info in your security software and clearing your browser cache/cookies, please post in the Site issues forum.
Test Subject
#100 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 9:00 AM
I have not tried these yet Martine ...but from the looks of these files and with all of the fantastic comments about them....I can't wait to check them out. (The ones that come from the game are so ugly, but I'm not saying anything that everyone doesn't already know lols).

Thank you soooooooooooo much for taking the time to create and share these. (they look beautiful) It's greatly appreciated.

Beth
Page 4 of 7