Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 5:45 PM Last edited by kohav1003 : 14th Jun 2016 at 1:58 PM.
Default SOLVED How can I create empty pools?
Hey,
I saw a picture on tumblr of an empty swimming pool on the ground (it was sims 4 for sure) but I couldn't find it
I was wondering if anyone knows how to create one?
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 7:16 PM
You could make a basement room and remove its ceiling, paint the inside like pool walls.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
You could make a basement room and remove its ceiling, paint the inside like pool walls.

I tried, but it's not possible to delete ground parts, I also tried to make a pool and somehow delete the water but it's not possible too (I'm kinda new to the whole sims 4 building methods so I'm still finding out what's possible and what isn't)
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#4 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 7:34 PM
What you do is go into the basement, and select the room so that you get the white arrows and room height thingy. Then pageup to get up one level, and you should see a yellow square on the ground which shows the size of the basement room. Now I can't quite remember exactly, but you either hover over the yellow outline or inside it and there should be a little popup you can click to remove floor or remove ceiling or something.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Jun 2016 at 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
What you do is go into the basement, and select the room so that you get the white arrows and room height thingy. Then pageup to get up one level, and you should see a yellow square on the ground which shows the size of the basement room. Now I can't quite remember exactly, but you either hover over the yellow outline or inside it and there should be a little popup you can click to remove floor or remove ceiling or something.

It worked!!! Thanks for detailing, it turned out pretty nice and just perfect for the grungy lot I was making <3