Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#1051 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 8:29 AM
I was about 7/8 years old when I had played Sims for the first time. I didn't know of any cheats, so my game was pretty Vanilla. My first family was a couple with twin toddlers. Yes, there were loads of dirty diapers and stinky bottles, but the SW wasn't displeased and the children were safe. My biggest boo boo was putting occupied houses in the bin and moving people around. I used to do that a LOT. Admittedly, my sims were pretty clever, and saved themselves. I didn't have any deaths, even if there were plenty of visits from the social bunny. I'm 19 now, and my simming experience has only gotten better with time.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#1052 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 2:43 AM
I didn't know about rolling the pacifier. Mortimer Goth and Brandi Broke had 10 kids who all looked exactly alike, so I had to distinguish them by hairstyle. I did the same with Dirk Dreamer and Lilith Pleasant.

The only other preexisting sim family with siblings in the same life stage were the Pleasant twins, so I thought it was normal the kids all looked the same. I had come from playing Sims 1, where you were lucky if the child had the same hair color as the parents, so a genetic mix of the parents' features seemed space age in comparison. That there were infinite mixes of their DNA was inconceivable!
Field Researcher
#1053 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 7:10 PM
^Rolling the pacifier only prevents kids' personalities to always be the same as of their eldest sibling. Genetics (skin, eyes, face) are always a random combination of the parents. But the number of possible combinations is limited so it's possible to get kids who all have dad's nose and mom's chin by chance. Has nothing to do with the pacifier, however.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#1054 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 7:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Soapsim1
^Rolling the pacifier only prevents kids' personalities to always be the same as of their eldest sibling. Genetics (skin, eyes, face) are always a random combination of the parents.

Not so. Mootilda and I did some testing:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...842#post2251842
The 'firstborn effect' is caused by a problem with the seeding of the in-game random generator, and appearance as well as personality is affected.

The conclusions of this research were:
  • The batbox is not randomly seeded (so the rolls are non random)
  • The BHAV randomizer is not randomly seeded
  • The personality random number generator and the genetics random number generator are not random
  • Almost all of the random number generators in the game are broken
  • The seeding is done inside of the executable so the only way to fix is to patch the exe
  • Best solution for now is to roll the batbox or pacifier a random number of times
  • It is not possible to use a mod to do this as the Make New Character primitive actually creates new sims so would fill up your neighbourhood
Inventor
#1055 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 3:59 PM
I will bring this thread back from the dead to present to you something I rediscovered while going through the storage of old back-ups!
Mad Poster
#1056 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 4:12 PM
It worked, didn't it?
Inventor
#1057 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 4:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
It worked, didn't it?

And in a greater display of noobishness, I was wondering why it didn't prevent the gypsy, the garden club people, and Rod Humble from appearing.
Instructor
#1058 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 3:37 PM
i remember when i was playing sims 2 when i was like 6 or 7 years younger i didn't knew how the cheatcodes worked and all so i had to deal with some things (especially when the hungry things got all red or energy and other stuff ) and one day, the food wasn't in the fridge anymore and i was like ugh what am i ever gonna do about food ??? everyone is gonna die now (sometimes the sims did die of hungry) and most of the times i didn't saved it up

and when the energy became red most sims were sleeping on the ground and i was like: UGH YOU HAVE A DAMN BED RIGHT, JUST SLEEP IN YOUR BED INSTEAD ON THE GROUND

now a couple of years later i do know how the cheats works and how to turn everything on green so i don't have to deal with that shit anymore
Mad Poster
#1059 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 9:33 PM
Even better, maybe you can learn how to manage your Sims' motives!

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Instructor
#1060 Old 3rd Dec 2017 at 11:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Even better, maybe you can learn how to manage your Sims' motives!

oh don't worry about that, you have this cheatcode called: Maxmotives when you get all of your sims motives on green, it's the easiest way from all of the things i tried when i was younger
i have some experiences with this sims 2 game since i play this for 8 years now haha
Inventor
#1061 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 8:25 AM
Among the near limitless possibilities InSIMenator can provide, of course it has the motives adjustor. In this case you won't have to max out needs for all Sims (including pets) currently present at the lot. You can choose individual Sims or a certain group of them (like females only for example). I haven't used that MaxMotives cheat ever since I got this precious gem. :P

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Inventor
#1062 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 9:02 AM
I can easily picture these Specter ghosts in an insane asylum challenge while the player chooses Grim as their playable. If anyone dies during the event, then one could say they've kicked the bucket a second time. It's like how Homer's soul died after attempting to eat the same piece of broccoli that killed him beforehand.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Mad Poster
#1063 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 9:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sailorleontine6
oh don't worry about that, you have this cheatcode called: Maxmotives when you get all of your sims motives on green, it's the easiest way from all of the things i tried when i was younger
i have some experiences with this sims 2 game since i play this for 8 years now haha

Whoosh.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#1064 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 1:55 PM
I've used maxmotives exactly once, to accomplish something specific when the game was being a PITA. And I certainly don't use InSIM.

But I like having the resource management element in the game. It's not that hard and provides a strategic element underlying the story/character elements where my main focus is, and keeps those elements grounded.

But everybody has fun their own way.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#1065 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pannisim
I was about 7/8 years old when I had played Sims for the first time. I didn't know of any cheats, so my game was pretty Vanilla. My first family was a couple with twin toddlers. Yes, there were loads of dirty diapers and stinky bottles, but the SW wasn't displeased and the children were safe. My biggest boo boo was putting occupied houses in the bin and moving people around. I used to do that a LOT. Admittedly, my sims were pretty clever, and saved themselves. I didn't have any deaths, even if there were plenty of visits from the social bunny. I'm 19 now, and my simming experience has only gotten better with time.

i was only 12 when i played sims 2 for the first time and neither did i knew how the cheatcodes worked (i didn't even knew cheatcodes exist or something back by then )
but most of the time i let the sims die since i didn't knew how everything worked when i was younger,

but it got better by the time i got older and have more experience with it
i Always use the cheat now, no matter which one i used (i use Maxmotives and boolprop testingcheatsenabled true/false mostly )
i don't know why but it will make things a little easier when i use some cheatcodes

i don't let the sims die anymore from hungry and i don't let the sims move out that much anymore like i used to when i was younger (just because most things like energy got all red before i let the sims move out ) but the good thing was, after they moved in and out (a couple of times) was: the sims became even richer instead of poor (i used to let the sims move in again )
i didn't got any attention to the money till i couldn't save the sims up anymore and my sim was pretty much rich because they had a lot of money and i didn't even use the motherlode thing or the familyfunds (with their last name and how much money you wanted too) thing neither back by then (before you ask: there were Always a sim in the house no matter which one it was before you get all confussed)

i also had this social bunny when the social thing got all red when i was younger

i'm now 20 and have more experience with it
Instructor
#1066 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sailorleontine6
i was only 12 when i played sims 2 for the first time and neither did i knew how the cheatcodes worked (i didn't even knew cheatcodes exist or something back by then )
but most of the time i let the sims die since i didn't knew how everything worked when i was younger,

but it got better by the time i got older and have more experience with it
i Always use the cheat now, no matter which one i used (i use Maxmotives and boolprop testingcheatsenabled true/false mostly )
i don't know why but it will make things a little easier when i use some cheatcodes

i don't let the sims die anymore from hungry and i don't let the sims move out that much anymore like i used to when i was younger (just because most things like energy got all red before i let the sims move out ) but the good thing was, after they moved in and out (a couple of times) was: the sims became even richer instead of poor (i used to let the sims move in again )
i didn't got any attention to the money till i couldn't save the sims up anymore and my sim was pretty much rich because they had a lot of money and i didn't even use the motherlode thing or the familyfunds (with their last name and how much money you wanted too) thing neither back by then (before you ask: there were Always a sim in the house no matter which one it was before you get all confussed)

i also had this social bunny when the social thing got all red when i was younger

i'm now 20 and have more experience with it

and with richer i exactly meant i constantly moved most of the sims out, expect 1 sim, i Always had 1 sim that stayed in the house, and after the same family's moved in i let the other sim (that stayed in the house) moved out and let the sim in again
that's how i became richer instead of poor on the sims

1 problem after so many times with the moving in and out i couldn't save it up anymore a couple of years ago

so guess what i Always use the cheat: maxmotives just because i couldn't handle with hunger, energy and social mostly
so yes i learned from that mistake, i won't let the sims move in and out and let them in the same house and family constantly
Page 43 of 43