Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Aug 2017 at 4:35 AM
Default Questions about Clayified hairs
Hey, guys! I had a quick question that I was hoping some people could answer for me.

I'm a huge proponent of Maxis-Match CC. It makes the world feel more organic and continuous for me. That said, I'm really fond of a lot of the hairstyles out there that have amazingly well-done meshes. Issue is, I really dislike them not being Maxis-Match. Clayified options are ideal for me! However, I cannot find any clayified versions that do not require the original mesh. I understand that, for the most part, this is out of deference for the original artist. I'm concerned that downloading the original mesh+the clayified version will give me two versions of the hair. The original alpha hair and the clayified. Is this true? If so, is there any way for me to prevent the alpha version from showing in CAS? I don't want my hairs cluttered with a bunch of things I do not use, nor do I want random townies running around with alpha hairs.

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 7:44 AM Last edited by chicvibe : 5th Sep 2017 at 7:46 AM. Reason: spelling error
Do you use Sims 4 Studio? Pertaining to the comment about random townies using alpha hairs - you can edit the hairs (really easily and quickly) to disable any alpha hairs for random (or enable other hairs if you wish). As far as I know, there is no way to hide Alpha hairs from showing up other than (using sims4studio) to delete the tags (like feminine or masculine) which allows them to be sorted. I don't know if that is a perfect solution, because you would have to delete the tags also for career, everyday, nude, etc. as well, but that could (in theory) make it work. !!!! I would make a backup of the mods folder just to be sure, because changing some of the basic information or deleting too many swatches for a mod could make the file unusable.!!!

As far as clayified/alpha hairs - I feel you there. I stopped using 90% of the ones I used to have.