Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jan 2017 at 11:50 PM Last edited by KittyCatInDaWoods : 25th Jan 2017 at 11:52 PM. Reason: link not working
Default Ehh, beginner's problems..
Hi!
Let me start by saying - I have no idea if I am in the right place, so no judgment please. (Besides I already feel bad enough)

So, my problem. I am starting to learn to use programs to perhaps one day make something for ts3.

I am following this tutorial here
I am at the part 2, but I ran into problem at the step 5. ''On the dropdown list choose Export to s3asc.''

I realized I didn't had s3asc, but I downloaded it. I just can't figure out where to put it, and yes I followed the instructions at the download page - didn't help.

So, yeah.. Any help, please?

ThunderWoodSimmer
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 26th Jan 2017 at 11:37 AM
For S3PE or Milkshape?

For milkshape you want to put the plugins in the 'milkshape' folder. Never in any other folder within the milkshape folder. The milkshape folder includes the milkshape.exe file as well, in case you're wondering if you put it in the right folder

S3PE's plugins however HAVE to be extracted by 7zip. WinRAR basically corrupts the plugins within so exporting won't work if you do that. If you're not sure where to or how to import the s3asc plugins, you might wanna try out the exe installer ^-^ http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...s/807/index.htm
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jan 2017 at 3:43 PM Last edited by KittyCatInDaWoods : 26th Jan 2017 at 4:15 PM. Reason: Solved agoa
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
For S3PE or Milkshape?

For milkshape you want to put the plugins in the 'milkshape' folder. Never in any other folder within the milkshape folder. The milkshape folder includes the milkshape.exe file as well, in case you're wondering if you put it in the right folder

S3PE's plugins however HAVE to be extracted by 7zip. WinRAR basically corrupts the plugins within so exporting won't work if you do that. If you're not sure where to or how to import the s3asc plugins, you might wanna try out the exe installer ^-^ http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...s/807/index.htm

It's for S3PE.

Okay, I got it finally for real! I put those helper files In S3PE-->Helpers, and then I installed meshHelper exe file, and now everything works, exported one of the meshes.

Thank you for the help, that link helped. Before when I was installing programs for this, I didn't do this, because the guide didn't say so.

ThunderWoodSimmer
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Jan 2017 at 4:45 PM
Default Object cloning
Okay.. New problem

I exported all the files asked in the earlier mentioned tutorial - 3 MLOD, 1 MODL, 1 RSLT.

I also had to export file named "dropShadow_object....", but it is not there. Did I do something wrong?
I cloned object - tableEndClub, with S3oc, like the tutorial said.

ThunderWoodSimmer
Virtual gardener
#5 Old 27th Jan 2017 at 7:46 PM
As in, mesh or texture? If it's a texture, don't worry about that. The MLOD should have those linked with them. You would have been able to get those if you ticked the deep clone box in S3OC though. So the shadow texture doesn't really matter in this case.

If it's the mesh.. well, the sunshadows are quite different. To see which ones are the sunshadow meshes, here is a helpful list of which is which. the numbers are the groups by the way:

MLOD 00000000 High detail mesh
MLOD 10000001 High detail sunshadow
MODL 00000001 Low detail mesh
MLOD 10000001 Low detail sunshadow
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Jan 2017 at 7:53 PM
As in, mesh or texture? If it's a texture, don't worry about that. The MLOD should have those linked with them. You would have been able to get those if you ticked the deep clone box in S3OC though. So the shadow texture doesn't really matter in this case.

If it's the mesh.. well, the sunshadows are quite different. To see which ones are the sunshadow meshes, here is a helpful list of which is which. the numbers are the groups by the way:

MLOD 00000000 High detail mesh
MLOD 10000001 High detail sunshadow
MODL 00000001 Low detail mesh
MLOD 10000001 Low detail sunshadow

It's a mesh. I actually have all four of those. Well, there are 2 or 3 files in each folder, but these files I found and exported. Does this mean that I'm good without that dropshadow thing?

ThunderWoodSimmer
Virtual gardener
#7 Old 28th Jan 2017 at 5:39 PM
If we're talking about the textures, then it's fine. The texture basically comes with the mesh you exported it's linked, but not included in the package. Hope that make sense though! :P
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Jan 2017 at 7:06 PM Last edited by KittyCatInDaWoods : 28th Jan 2017 at 7:31 PM. Reason: Done
If we're talking about the textures, then it's fine. The texture basically comes with the mesh you exported it's linked, but not included in the package. Hope that make sense though! :P

And if we're talking about the mesh - where do I find that dropshadow?

Edit: Alright, I got it. I just decided to do what you said in one of the first answers about tickin the deep cloning box in s3oc, and now I got the dropshadow file. Thank you!

ThunderWoodSimmer