Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#76 Old 30th Sep 2007 at 12:21 AM
This can be simplified a little.
Instead of extracting anything, you can right click on the first one (this is the original face) with Instance 0x00000001 and click Delete.
Then select the second one (the new face) with Instance 0x00000002, click on Resource at the bottom, and change the instance to 0x00000001. Then click Commit and Save.

Resident wet blanket.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 12th Nov 2007 at 9:56 AM
This worked perfectly and was so simple. Thank you for this tutorial.
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 10:02 AM
Wow, thank you SO much for this quite easy tutorial.

Loff
Test Subject
#79 Old 9th Mar 2008 at 10:34 PM
simpe
Please help. Whenever I've tried to change only skintone in simpe, it doesn't work and tells me there was an error. What am I doing wrong?? also there are times when I have exported a sim to bodyshop so I can change genetics on unattractive sims, but when I try to go into bodyshop, it crashes. Why??? It's almost gotten to where I don't use my bodyshop at all or I'm constantly reinstalling so I may use bodyshop. Can anyone help me??? Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 10:59 AM
Is this gonna be updated for the new SimPE to use with FreeTime?
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 4:53 PM
This has always worked perfectly for me, so thank you very much for simple and VERY easy to do tutorial. You saved my life.

However, now that I have freetime (and the updated SimPE) it no longer works. Instead of changing the genetics, it's like it reverts the genetics. If I go to change the appearance of a previously face-lifted sim, their face reverts back to before the face lift.

Now I'm just confused!
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 11:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nukael
There is a bug apparently in SimPE or Seasons so that sometimes the extracted file is named the wrong way. Check my updated tutorial for a fix.

p.s. ... where is this fix you are talking about? It's not in yoru updated tutorial.
Test Subject
#83 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 5:00 PM
Where you said to change the 2 to a 1, mine is already a 1... Should I leave it and click force commit anyway?
Test Subject
#84 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 5:33 PM
Never mind. I forgot to click the non-deleted one before clicking on resources *smacks forehead*

Thanks for the tutorial btw! I hated that my beautiful maked over sims were having seriously fugly children...
Test Subject
#85 Old 9th May 2008 at 11:03 PM
Thank you soo much for this tut! Now my beautifully remade alien girl can have beautiful children with her handsome husband! Woot!
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 23rd May 2008 at 2:31 AM
I'm also experiencing the same problems that Jaclyn is having. I have Freetime and every time I change the genetics with SimPE they revert back after using the mirror in game.
Instructor
Original Poster
#87 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 11:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jaclyn
p.s. ... where is this fix you are talking about? It's not in yoru updated tutorial.

Because the tutorial was completely rewritten, the fix became redundant, as it only applied to my old method.

As for the Freetime stuff, I only just got Freetime myself, so I'll have to check and do some testing.

This space intentionally left blank...
Instructor
Original Poster
#88 Old 11th Jun 2008 at 1:03 PM
Default Updated tutorial
And the tutorial's been updated! I found out that the simplified method didn't work anymore for some reason with Free Time, but the older method still works fine, so I've posted that one back up.

That should work.

Test Subject
#89 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 3:14 AM
What is meant by "home" plastic surgery? Does this mean SimPE Sim Surgery or something else in game that I haven't discovered yet?

I never retreat - but I sometimes advance in the opposite direction
Instructor
Original Poster
#90 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 11:19 AM
Default Home plastic surgery
It's a career reward when you become a celebrity. It was introduced in University. I forget which career it is though, I think show business.

The object is commonly used to turn ugly townies into more watchable Sims. Although I mainly use Simpe's Sim Surgery nowadays.

Lab Assistant
#91 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 6:28 PM
Is the method still the same with Apartment Life or is there gonna be a new tutorial?
Test Subject
#92 Old 21st Oct 2008 at 5:54 PM
I have all expansions, and the new SimPE updated for AL. Here's my problem - when I click replace and go to select the file I extracted, I'm not sure which one to select. One has the .simpe extension, and one has no extension. However, my icon for the .simpe file is the same as your icon for .simpe.xml. To me it looks like the file with no extension is actually the SimPE file, and this is the one I should choose - is that correct? Please see attached screen shot.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 15th Nov 2008 at 12:37 AM
Wanted to thank you for updating this and to say that it's working for me again.

StarrySim, though this is a bit late just wanted to say that if you hover over the files it will tell you which is which type (i.e.- SimPE packed file, XML document). You want to choose the SimPE one.
Page 4 of 4