Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 9:52 PM
Default How do I add a TTAB and TTAs to a cloned object in SimPE?
(I tried posting this in the object creation forum, but the forum says I am not allowed to post there.)

I'm trying to make a hacked object. For reasons of purely personal amusement, I want it to look like Professor Von Ball. So I cloned Professor Von Ball in SimPE, but Professor Von Ball does not have an interaction table. Also for some reason it included all the animations and functions associated with the object even though I'm sure that box wasn't checked. I can create resources, but I can't change their type. It's been a long time since I cloned an object like this, did I miss some important step?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 9:44 PM
might be better to clone based on wanted functions; afterward import the resources for shape/texture/mesh/etc.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 9:54 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 12th Jun 2018 at 10:17 PM.
Pretty sure the "Professor Von Ball" is just a regular accessory object in TS2, linked to an animation - just like the other aspiration failure items (some are a little animated, like the sack baby). Could explain why you're not getting any of the functions with it.

I think it's possible to unlock the animation sequence with the belonging accessory by using BHAVs or some such, and you could probably link it to an object, but I'm not entirely sure you can make the sim use that object as a stand-in, since the PFB is one of the accessory items sims magically take from their invisble pockets.

"Easiest" way: Clone the item you want to use the functions of, and replace the mesh/texture with what you want the object to look like.
Alchemist
#4 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 10:10 PM
just remembered:: there is at least one hack that looks like Professor Von Ball; CJ's Lot Inspector.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 10:10 PM
Use import semi-global and import TTAB from the semi-global group you are using (or any really), change group to 0xFFFFFFFF and instance number to 0 or 1, whichever you prefer. Then go to OBJD and scroll down, there's one section called data or something which has an interaction table ID line. Change that line to match the instance number you chose.

You can also extract TTAB/TTAs from objects.package or an object you cloned that has one. But still got to make sure group and instance numbers match up.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 10:47 PM
Thanks guys - I figured out that actually part of the GUI on the bottom panel was missing or just by default hidden in SimPE now, with it enabled I can change the resource types again.

As for wanted functions, I actually don't need any functions of any in-game object. This is just an object to manage/add a token to a sim's inventory. It's just that weirdly, I seem to have cloned Professor Von Ball's functions and animations that I don't need. I guess I can experiment with just deleting those resources and see if everything still works.
just a girl
#7 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 10:57 PM
How to create a resource from scratch:
- Right-click somewhere in the Resource List area to bring context menu and then click Create Resource.
- Click on the new file, go to Resource tab (as opposed to Plugin View) and choose desired type in a drop-down list.
- While you're there, give it an instance number and commit.
- Then click somewhere else and back on your new resource (it needs to update itself).
- Go to Plugin View tab and do stuff.

ETA: I see you've already figured that out while I was typing.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 11:29 PM
Yeah, I kind of remembered that there was a Resource tab that allowed you to change type and instance number, but what was there was just the Resource Actions tab, which I thought must be what I was remembering, but it didn't have the right stuff on it. It's just been too long since I tried to do stuff like this.