Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 3:44 AM Last edited by Primavera : 8th Jun 2018 at 4:59 AM. Reason: added most recent version

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Wardrobe Wrangler Error
I went searching for a solution but nothing really came up, so I'll try my luck here. I just downloaded Wardrobe Wrangler v 1.1, it automatically installed in my Program Files (x86), and while I understand it's been unsupported for a long time, but I was gonna use it to get rid of some dresses categorized as Everyday when they're really Formal. I let it install and it came up with no problems until I uploaded my 'Clothing' folder. I clicked on one file and it gave me this prompt:

Then this:

At first I thought I had too many files because I read that Wardrobe Wrangler can only read 200 so I deleted some files, but nothing worked. The file name is grayed out, and the Image Preview doesn't show up so I can't edit anything. I tried clicking the 'Open in SimPE' button but nothing happened. I read the manual and I installed the .NETFramework thing because I realized I didn't have it, but that didn't help either. The Orphan Mesh Scanner works, however. I can edit the files in SimPE now that I know what to do but I thought it'd be easier with Wardrobe Wrangler because I do them all at once. Should I uninstall WW since it won't work?

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 5:44 PM
It works fine for me and a lot of other people. It also reads all my skin files at once so I'm not sure where that 200 files idea comes from. Having said that, it will not read files sometimes that don't conform exactly to what it's expecting to see. Could you give us a link to the CC you are having trouble with and I can test it with the knowledge that my version of WW is working correctly? I find WW really useful for quick editing. It's a lot faster than doing it in SimPE and also auto-compressorises.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 12:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
It works fine for me and a lot of other people. It also reads all my skin files at once so I'm not sure where that 200 files idea comes from. Having said that, it will not read files sometimes that don't conform exactly to what it's expecting to see. Could you give us a link to the CC you are having trouble with and I can test it with the knowledge that my version of WW is working correctly? I find WW really useful for quick editing. It's a lot faster than doing it in SimPE and also auto-compressorises.

Really :0? That's interesting to know. I didn't delete WW but I left it alone. And I was testing it on a bunch of hairs and clothes, but here's a random link to some Store clothes I was trying to convert; http://simfil.es/35134/

Also if it helps, I dumped all the clothes in my 'Clothing' folder in my Downloads folder, but for some reason WW won't actually open the Clothing folder so that I can pick them individually. And opening them outside of WW doesn't do anything either.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 12:27 AM Last edited by maxon : 9th Jun 2018 at 12:46 AM.
OK give me a while - I have to change sides (of my computer). BTW, you have NetFramework anyway if you have Win7 or later as it comes with the OS.

Edit: ok well, I tested them. I thought you might be having a problem because those are original EAxis files but, nope, they load and are editable in WW just fine for me (see pictures). So it must be something in your set up. I'll test them in game tomorrow. Did you find the log file?

Did you say you could see the files in WW? And you get the error when you try to load the file?
Screenshots

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 1:04 AM Last edited by Primavera : 9th Jun 2018 at 1:16 AM.
OK give me a while - I have to change sides (of my computer). BTW, you have NetFramework anyway if you have Win7 or later as it comes with the OS.

Edit: ok well, I tested them. I thought you might be having a problem because those are original EAxis files but, nope, they load and are editable in WW just fine for me (see pictures). So it must be something in your set up. I'll test them in game tomorrow. Did you find the log file?

Did you say you could see the files in WW? And you get the error when you try to load the file?

I have Win10 if that matters. And that's really strange, because we have the same version; I got WW v 1.1 through here ( http://sims.jfade.com/index.php?category=1&subcat=5 ). And yeah I can see the actual file name but it's grayed out and the preview isn't there. And what I meant was I can go into my Clothing folder, right-click the package file and say 'Open with... Wardrobe Wrangler' but when I confirm it WW opens but nothing's there. When I try to load the entire Clothing folder and click one file, it gives me those errors I provided in the screenshots. But the actual clothing files work fine in-game as well, my test sims wear them with no problem.

Maybe I need to put the WW inside the Downloads folder for it to work? Because it's sitting in my Documents right now. EDIT: never mind it's in my Program Files (x86) folder, I was looking at the .exe and .pdf files in my Documents folder

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#6 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 3:51 AM
Try running it as administrator. Mine pulled that error on Windows 10 until I did that.
Inventor
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 5:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Try running it as administrator. Mine pulled that error on Windows 10 until I did that.

That worked for a hot second @Charity before it crashed . It gave me the same error prompt as in my screenshots but this happened soon after

I'll just leave it be for now :/

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 5:33 AM
Yep, that's why I could never use it on my old computer and haven't bothered with it for years. SimPE does the same job.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
Original Poster
#9 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 5:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Yep, that's why I could never use it on my old computer and haven't bothered with it for years. SimPE does the same job.

I agree, I only tried it because I thought it'd be easier to do them all at once you know? Oh well, I tried it at least.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#10 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 8:17 AM
Damn. Strange.
Inventor
Original Poster
#11 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 8:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Damn. Strange.

I know, it's the weirdest thing. I'm a little sad about it but it's whatever, back to SimPE I go . But thank you for your suggestion earlier.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#12 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 11:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
And what I meant was I can go into my Clothing folder, right-click the package file and say 'Open with... Wardrobe Wrangler' but when I confirm it WW opens but nothing's there.

I have never opened a file in WW that way. I always browse to the file location and open up that way. But you say that gives you the error? Sounds very odd to me. I have used WW in many incarnations and it's always worked for me. I only installed the version I use now about 2 months ago when I reinstalled Win7 to run the game without interference from Win10. I must have installed WW at least a dozen times on various systems because I've been using it since jfade made it. It worked fine for me on Win10 - the only reason I went back to Win7 was because game performance had started to suffer. I dual booted this machine for that purpose - all the sims stuff went over to the other side. Did you find the log file? What did it say? Not that I can probably help you with that. Chris Hatch might have some insight.

Inventor
Original Poster
#13 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 12:06 PM Last edited by Primavera : 9th Jun 2018 at 12:26 PM.
I have never opened a file in WW that way. I always browse to the file location and open up that way. But you say that gives you the error? Sounds very odd to me. I have used WW in many incarnations and it's always worked for me. I only installed the version I use now about 2 months ago when I reinstalled Win7 to run the game without interference from Win10. I must have installed WW at least a dozen times on various systems because I've been using it since jfade made it. It worked fine for me on Win10 - the only reason I went back to Win7 was because game performance had started to suffer. I dual booted this machine for that purpose - all the sims stuff went over to the other side. Did you find the log file? What did it say? Not that I can probably help you with that. Chris Hatch might have some insight.

Ugh I have the worst luck. And I never did find the log file actually . I would go to the Wardrobe Wrangler file in my Program Files (x86) folder but nothing would be in there, at least as far as I can tell.

EDIT: okay I tried putting it in my Program Files folder and while it worked for 30 seconds when I ran it as Administrator, the image preview started showing weird stuff (like a green pixelated image) and then it showed the wrong images (like showing a gray hair image instead of the black one like the tooltip said) and then it crashed :/. So I think I'm onto something but this is still annoying. Now that I think about it, where do you have your WW installed at @maxon?

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#14 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 12:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
EDIT: okay I tried putting it in my Program Files folder and while it worked for 30 seconds when I ran it as Administrator, the image preview started showing weird stuff (like a green pixelated image) and then it showed the wrong images (like showing a gray hair image instead of the black one like the tooltip said) and then it crashed :/. So I think I'm onto something but this is still annoying. Now that I think about it, where do you have your WW installed at @maxon?

That's normal - there are a few file formats for textures which jfade never got around to coding properly for and hence they appear pixellated. Also, there are often multiple texture files in things like hairs. In some cases, where the maker has not weeded, there will be a grey hair in each recolour. You can press the scroll bar under the texture to see the correct ones. However, whatever texture is displayed is irrelevant to the running of the programme because jfade just displayed the texture for the users information - doesn't matter in the slightest what it looks like as it makes no difference to editing the file settings (which is what WW does). In that case, it's pretty much the same as Clean Installer - you can see the texture but the programme doesn't do anything with it.

I'll check my installation when I change sides later today. I'm pretty sure it's on my E drive and probably Windows x86.

Inventor
Original Poster
#15 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 12:40 PM
That's normal - there are a few file formats for textures which jfade never got around to coding properly for and hence they appear pixellated. Also, there are often multiple texture files in things like hairs. In some cases, where the maker has not weeded, there will be a grey hair in each recolour. You can press the scroll bar under the texture to see the correct ones. However, whatever texture is displayed is irrelevant to the running of the programme because jfade just displayed the texture for the users information - doesn't matter in the slightest what it looks like as it makes no difference to editing the file settings (which is what WW does). In that case, it's pretty much the same as Clean Installer - you can see the texture but the programme doesn't do anything with it.

I'll check my installation when I change sides later today. I'm pretty sure it's on my E drive and probably Windows x86.

Ah okay. And that's fine, whenever you get around to it. For now I just deleted the WW but I still have the .zips (both the auto-install and manual-install) if I need to try again.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#16 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 6:56 PM
hmmmm ... ok checked the programme files location, it's this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Wardrobe Wrangler

which is on the SSD drive. I thought it was on the E drive but nope.

Inventor
Original Poster
#17 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 11:50 PM
hmmmm ... ok checked the programme files location, it's this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Wardrobe Wrangler

which is on the SSD drive. I thought it was on the E drive but nope.

All I have is my C: drive, I don't have an SSD card, but I plan on getting one someday. That's where it was originally installed when I chose auto-install, which made me create this thread when it gave me those errors. But I pretty much chalked it up to WW not playing nice with my desktop so I'll just stick to SimPE to edit these clothes. And I did see another thread similar to mine, a poster who had problems with WW not working even though they did everything they were supposed to, and though it was old, I'm not the only one. Thanks for your help though @maxon

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads