Replies: 8113 (Who?), Viewed: 294291 times.
Page 325 of 325
Field Researcher
#8101 Old 18th May 2019 at 4:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pideli
I almost never change the appearance of toddlers. When they grow up to children I choose their hair and eyebrows, but I never put makeup on them. When they grow up to teens, that's when I choose makeup. Does anyone else play like this? ^^

I almost always change their appearance. My game has a habit of aging toddlers up with odd CC hairstyles (mohawks, spiked hair, cornrows) which sometimes I do use, but aren't really appropriate for every toddler.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8102 Old 18th May 2019 at 5:10 AM
Quote:
I almost never change the appearance of toddlers. When they grow up to children I choose their hair and eyebrows, but I never put makeup on them. When they grow up to teens, that's when I choose makeup. Does anyone else play like this? ^^

No, I change appearance often as soon as they are born. I will set baby clothes and sometimes hair, oftentimes I will give the baby an accessory like a dummy/paci, shoes, a rattle or a hair bow. I do the same with toddlers and they normally get a young toddler and an older toddler outfit. I use a teeth overlay blush that has 2 teeth top and bottom and one that has no teeth, those are for young toddlers. On day 4 I remove any dummy, teeth overlay but might add glasses and freckles. If you mean makeup makeup (lipstick, eyeliner and stuff) I add a little as teens, but my female sims wear very little makeup. I don't use nose masks and such either. As adults get older I add wrinkles and moles.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#8103 Old 18th May 2019 at 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbee
IRL me, on ballet concert days.

That's a completely different situation and I hope I didn't accidentally insult you or anything.

I was really just thinking of Sims in everyday situations. Like I don't know a player putting heavy (non-fancy dress, non-recital/play) makeup on a Sim kid to send them to school.

Alchemist
#8104 Old 18th May 2019 at 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphalesion
I was really just thinking of Sims in everyday situations. Like I don't know a player putting heavy (non-fancy dress, non-recital/play) makeup on a Sim kid to send them to school.

In my game it depends on what species they are.
Forum Resident
#8105 Old 18th May 2019 at 2:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomknight
Not sure how this topic got started--did someone mean to post in the How often you change your sims clothes thread?

Lol, sorry I didn't think to look for such a thread, I didn't think the topic was a "new thread"-material. Seems like it was

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Simland's Next Top Model - Cycle 2 Part III is out!
Ephemera MoreColorful (SimpleSkin Recolors) - Custom and DEFAULTS!
Alchemist
#8106 Old 18th May 2019 at 3:55 PM
I had a "shower thought" (Grr at work for making me be up this early on a Saturday) and was wondering how many other players have a naming tradition based on the circumstances of the Sim's birth. I personally use Constellation names for Sims born from alien abduction, and recently started using flower names for plant babies born from the "grow a plantbaby" option.

Anyone else do something similar?
Mad Poster
#8107 Old 18th May 2019 at 3:59 PM
I like to use heirloom names. I also use holidays and family birthdays. In addition, the first births of each months carry, in order, the month, the flower of the month, the birthstone of the month, the season, and what book in the Bible I'm studying as the month begins.

I LOVE the constellation idea for alien babies, though. I might just steal that one.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://bulbizarre.neocities.org/
Forum Resident
#8108 Old 18th May 2019 at 5:10 PM Last edited by Pideli : 18th May 2019 at 5:25 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orilon
I had a "shower thought" (Grr at work for making me be up this early on a Saturday) and was wondering how many other players have a naming tradition based on the circumstances of the Sim's birth. I personally use Constellation names for Sims born from alien abduction, and recently started using flower names for plant babies born from the "grow a plantbaby" option.

In my medieval hood I use elven names for my princes, princesses, lords and ladies, since they come from elven heritage. (So do the merchants and peasants, but they are in closer relations with them.) The peasants and merchants use medieval swedish names. In my old legacy family I reversed the genders, so boys had girls names and vice versa. In another legacy I used names from TV shows. I have a sim named Ellinor Vihdri (a misspelling of the word "disgusting" in Swedish) who tries to have a baby with every guy she meets (she shoots those who refuse with an assault rifle) and then have the babies taken away by the social worker. The babies are named different words for "unwanted", birth defects and abortion methods. I could go on. It's fun to have different "naming traditions", although that may not be what you had in mind.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Simland's Next Top Model - Cycle 2 Part III is out!
Ephemera MoreColorful (SimpleSkin Recolors) - Custom and DEFAULTS!
Alchemist
#8109 Old 18th May 2019 at 8:24 PM
Quote:

I also use constellation names for alien babies. With my plantsims, I name females after flowers and males after trees.
Inventor
#8110 Old 18th May 2019 at 9:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketching
@Phantomknight That's too bad about the alienware, but at least everything works well - good to know that your set-up can manage about 19GB of CC. I'm curious what it consists of and what type of hood it's for, though I'm probably being nosy, so you don't have to answer that. How are the loading times?

Forgot I meant to respond to this, until I opened up my phone and saw a half written reply! Don't feel bad asking about my game--what are the forums for, if not to talk about our games?

As for baby names, I don't always have a particular convention, but sometimes, especially for premades, I like to look at their family tree and rename the newer generations after their ancestors. Like Brandi Broke named one of her younger sons Bobby after her dad and Angela Pleasant named her son Jeff after her grandfather. And when Malcolm Landgraab IV finally had a son a little while ago, of course he named him Malcolm, too, to keep the family tradition going. Though I think I might call him Col for short. But other than that, I don't have a particular name scheme--I just try to make sure no sim has the same name as another.

"Enjoy the moment with all your might, whether it’s gloomy, whether it’s bright!"| Used to be known as Kelyns, but you can call me KB.
Bored? Read the legacy I'll probably never finish.
Theorist
#8111 Old 18th May 2019 at 9:26 PM
Quote:

My aliens are usually named after famous scientists, sci-fi characters, or green (as in Hunter, Kelly, Olive etc.). Plant babies get plant names.
Mad Poster
#8112 Old 18th May 2019 at 9:41 PM
My plant babies also get plant names. Aliens usuall get named after constellations, famous scientists, planets/stars/moons or "Fetusoid" (a name I made up for alien sims when I was 9)

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Theorist
#8113 Old 18th May 2019 at 9:43 PM
TS2 devs apparently never heard of ice fishing.
Forum Resident
#8114 Old 18th May 2019 at 10:31 PM
Quote:

I quite often change toddlers' clothes, but I very rarely change anything else. When they grow up to child, I might change their hair, and I'll sometimes put glasses on children who seem destined for the Knowledge aspiration, but that's about it. As for make-up, pretty much the only Sims with make-up in my hoods are criminals, who have some kind of face make-up as an identifying tattoo - the style of 'tattoo' denotes the nature of the crime. I did recently discover the 'make-up' that allows elders to look older, though, so I might use that if I remember.
Page 325 of 325