Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Creator Theme: Space! - posted on 8th Jul 2018 at 6:02 PM
Replies: 14583 (Who?), Viewed: 326999 times.
Page 584 of 584
Scholar
#14576 Old Yesterday at 2:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxEllen1965
There is a mod that can make dates last longer (or shorter, depending on which file you use). I haven't tried this one myself.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=345125

I use the Longer Dates one, works well for me. I don't usually have my Sims eat out though.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Alchemist
#14577 Old Yesterday at 6:53 PM
Is anyone else using the UC and UC Inteen having trouble with sims made as adults-either premades or CAS-with their biological clocks spawned and in inventory being told they can't get a job due to poor grades? Can be fixed by aging down to teens and back to adults or by going into SimPE and manually setting their grades.

Is it Inteen or is it my mods, in other words?

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Inventor
#14578 Old Yesterday at 7:26 PM
I ask on here as I only wanted rough/quick opinions:

Out of the options Acer AMD A-10 9600 R5 and Intel I7-3820, but other specs very similar, which processor seems generally better for gaming?

My friend are willing to give his old Intel i7 to me,but unless its a BIT better, Im not sure if I would need it, as its much a older type processor. But I also heard i7 are more superior in general but 3820 sounds like an old one.
Lab Assistant
#14579 Old Yesterday at 8:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbee
Is anyone else using the UC and UC Inteen having trouble with sims made as adults-either premades or CAS-with their biological clocks spawned and in inventory being told they can't get a job due to poor grades? Can be fixed by aging down to teens and back to adults or by going into SimPE and manually setting their grades.

Is it Inteen or is it my mods, in other words?

I don't use InTeen myself... I do remember it being unsupported nowadays tho... so I'm not sure how much help there's possible to get.
Undead Molten Llama
#14580 Old Yesterday at 8:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florentzina

Out of the options Acer AMD A-10 9600 R5 and Intel I7-3820, but other specs very similar, which processor seems generally better for gaming?

My friend are willing to give his old Intel i7 to me,but unless its a BIT better, Im not sure if I would need it, as its much a older type processor. But I also heard i7 are more superior in general but 3820 sounds like an old one.

I don't know specifically. However, just for TS2 purposes, older processors (as in, NOT multicore) are actually better, as TS2 doesn't understand how to use multiple cores. The newer multicore processors can actually slow down the game. My Simming machine deliberately has a 3.2GHz Core2Duo processor -- the oldest I could find but still decently-fast, and which was cutting-edge when the game was first produced -- because all I do on this machine is do Sims-related things (playing the game, creating stuff, etc.) and dink around on the internet. For computing in general and for newer games and such, newer-with-more-cores is obviously better, but for TS2 specifically? Not so much, really.

@Sunbee There is now a version of Inteen at its download site on Simbology that says specifically that it's for UC. I don't know if the mod itself is actually updated, though. The install instructions are. (I know this from trying to help someone on another thread ) Whatever the case, it's worth a shot. I don't have the UC, so I can't really help you otherwise.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Undead Molten Llama
#14581 Old Yesterday at 9:26 PM
Double-posting because I has a stupid question and don't want to muddy the waters and tack it onto my reply above.

Other than using two Myne doors on a room, is there a way to make more than one DORMIE be assigned to a dorm room? I know there's this mod that adds "keys" to Myne doors, but I'm A) I'm not sure if it'll still work with all EPs (tho I suspect it will), but more importantly B) I'm pretty sure that'll only affect playables, as in it allows you to assign more than one playable to a room. I would like for more than one dormie to be assigned to a room. In other words, I want to build a 5-bedroom dorm with room for two beds in each room but have a playable or two plus 8 or 9 other dormies show up to live in it. I suspect this isn't possible, but it'd be nice....

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Instructor
#14582 Old Yesterday at 9:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florentzina

I have an Intel i7 - 3840QM at 2.8Ghz running UC on a laptop with Windows 7 64bit, 16GB ram. It handles it well, but the 3820 is even a bit faster. It's a lot faster than the AMD you mention. I do think the video card, ram, and OS are also important.
Alchemist
#14583 Old Yesterday at 10:01 PM
iCad, thanks, but I have that Inteen--that's the problem version. With the old one, spawning the bio-clock made the adults employable. However, teen pregnancies didn't stick past the first hour with the old version with UC, so it's . . . hmm, not Hobson's Choice, but some sort of dilemma.

Which is why I asked before troubleshooting if anyone else using it had the same issue, because if it's inherent to Inteen, then there's no point in doing a 50/50. Born in game (or created younger than adult) no problem . . . well, I haven't actually had anyone graduate college who wasn't born in game so I can't say for sure it won't affect young adults, I guess.

Time to create a testing AGS with no other mods. After munchkin bedtime, that is.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Alchemist
#14584 Old Today at 5:32 AM
Is there an upper limit on the resolution it's possible to play TS2 with? Looking at monitors and wondering if, since Sims games are the most graphically intensive task I expect to use them for, it'd be worth even looking at 4K monitors, or if 1080p is gonna be plenty.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Page 584 of 584