Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 9:42 PM
Default Sims 3 CC. Xm Sims question
I am having trouble downloading the files for game. I have tried looking it up and still didnt understand it. I also mulitple instuctions for and still don't understand it. I'm not really tech savy so I will need step by step instuctions. Also DON'T suggest an help guide please
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 9:54 PM
You want step by step instructions, but you don't want a guide? What's the difference?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
You want step by step instructions, but you don't want a guide? What's the difference?

I've tried reading your guys guide and it made no sense at all to me. It was just linkception to me basially. I would rather someone take on a step by step process.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 10:06 PM
Well, the problem with that is that anyone attempting that is likely to miss things. Perhaps if you pointed out where you got stuck, we could explain it? It's actually pretty simple, it's just that we go into detail on every little thing, because otherwise there'll always be someone who doesn't understand.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 10:21 PM
Well, the problem with that is that anyone attempting that is likely to miss things. Perhaps if you pointed out where you got stuck, we could explain it? It's actually pretty simple, it's just that we go into detail on every little thing, because otherwise there'll always be someone who doesn't understand.

Okay here are the instuctions they gave me.

(Place .sims3pack files in your Downloads folder

Windows xp: c:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\

Windows Vista/7: c:\Users\<user name>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\

Mac OS: /Users/<user name>/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/

Start the Launcher. Select the Download button on left. Place a check beside each CC that is not installed.

(These will NOT be grayed out and the status box will be blank). Select Install

You will need a file called Resource.cfg, which you can download here.

Extract the Resource.cfg file from the zip file.

Place that Resource.cfg file in: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\

then place any .package files in: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages\

Here are the orginal ones from XMSIMS3. Then googled to see if I could get more helped and I heard your site offers a special download to formart certains files for CC but like I said before it was linkception. I really don't know what files/folders I need for the downloads to work.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 10:45 PM
Ok, well first of all, are the files you've downloaded .package files or .sims3pack files?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 10:52 PM
Ok, well first of all, are the files you've downloaded .package files or .sims3pack files?

It's says its a package file.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#8 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 11:12 PM
Then Game Help:Installing Sims 3 Package Fileswiki sounds like what you need. There are a couple of 'more info' links, which you can skip if you already know how to unzip files and what your game's patch version is. Take it one step at a time, I promise you won't get lost.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 11:48 PM
Then Game Help:Installing Sims 3 Package Fileswiki sounds like what you need. There are a couple of 'more info' links, which you can skip if you already know how to unzip files and what your game's patch version is. Take it one step at a time, I promise you won't get lost.

Thank you so much. I'll let you know if I need anymore help.