Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Mar 2013 at 11:17 PM
Well, let's compare to the Game Help:TS3 System Requirementswiki.

Required for Seasons (we don't have info on Uni yet):
CPU: Intel i5 or better
RAM: At least 4GB
GPU: All green "Yes"es in the big table

ACER Aspire V3-771:
CPU: Intel i7 2.2Ghz. i7 > i5 - YES
RAM: 8GB > 4GB - YES
GPU: GeForce 710M - roughly equivalent to the 610 (the table shows normal models, M (mobile) models are weaker, so deduct some numbers) which has all red "Nos" - NO
Overall is a NO. You could run the game on this, but with such a weak graphics card, you would soon start seeing glitches; and you'd probably wear the graphics card out within a year or two

HP ENVY dv7-7332ea:
CPU: i7 2.4Ghz > i5 - YES
RAM: 16GB > 4GB - YES
GPU: GeForce 635M - Green "Yes" for basegame and WA, yellow "Maybe" for middle EPs, red "No" for Seasons - NO
Overall is a NO. Better than the first one - the graphics card is also better than the first laptop's graphics card, but it's still a class too low for high settings.

SONY VAIO E-Series SVE1513B4E.AE:
CPU: i5 2.6Ghz = i5 - YES
RAM: 6GB > 4GB - YES
GPU: Radeon HD 7650M - This one is not on our table, so we can use NotebookCheck to compare it with other graphics cards. It seems from NotebookCheck's benchmarks that this card sits between the GeForce 620M and 550M. The 620 is a red "No" for the basegame and every EP; the 550 is a Green "Yes" for the earlier EPs and a yellow "Maybe" for later EPs. Because NotebookCheck is talking about the M version and not the normal version, we have to bump the ratings down a bit, so we can say it's probably a Yes for the basegame, a Maybe for early EPs, and a No for later EPs. Since the HD 7650M is weaker than the 550M, this means it should be classed as a NO for Seasons.
Overall, a NO. This the weakest laptop of the bunch, and wouldn't do well with TS3.

ASUS N56VZ-S4207V:
CPU: i7 2.4Ghz > i5 - YES
GPU: GeForce 650M - Green "Yes" for all EPs. Because this is the M version and not the normal version, we have to bump its ratings down a bit, so it's actually more of a "Maybe" for the last couple of EPs. You could play all EPs on this card, though probably not at tip-top settings.
Overall is a YES. This is a decent laptop for TS3.

SONY E Series SVE1713Z1EB.CEK:
CPU: i7 3.2Ghz > i5 - YES
GPU: Radeon HD 7650M - We talked about this above, for the other Sony. Conclusion is No.
Overall, a NO, although I'd quite like to lick that CPU. This might be able to cope with TS3, because the very strong CPU can make up for the weakness of the graphics card somewhat - but I wouldn't want to chance £1000 on "might", would you?

LENOVO Y580:
CPU: i7 2.3Ghz > i5 - YES
GPU: GeForce 660M - the normal 660 has a green "Yes" for everything. Since this is the M version, we bump the ratings down a bit, but even bumping it down two lines (to be equivalent to the 645), it's still looking pretty good. YES.
Overall, a YES. This is the best laptop of the bunch, and should be great for TS3. Lenovo are also a brand which is known for making great laptops for gaming purposes - although Asus are, too.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 9:56 PM
Thanks for your help!