Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#76 Old 14th May 2015 at 11:26 AM
Oh heh, thanks. I'm glad you like them. I think they're pretty much evidence of how fantastic the building system is in this game, that even someone like me who isn't the best builder can create something nice. I've thought about uploading them at least to the exchange when I'm finished, but while a lot of the building materials come with the game, I've also used a decent amount of cc on them so I'm not sure how useful it would be to people.
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#77 Old 14th May 2015 at 11:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Silly Merricat
Oh heh, thanks. I'm glad you like them. I think they're pretty much evidence of how fantastic the building system is in this game, that even someone like me who isn't the best builder can create something nice. I've thought about uploading them at least to the exchange when I'm finished, but while a lot of the building materials come with the game, I've also used a decent amount of cc on them so I'm not sure how useful it would be to people.

As long as you know where it comes from you should be fine. If you upload it here you can label the upload with links to the creator, so they can get it themselves. They can also just choose to ignore the CC if they like. You don't need to think about whether the downloader wants to do that or not, just label it right on the upload and leave it to someone else to decide.
Field Researcher
#78 Old 15th May 2015 at 12:07 PM Last edited by Silly Merricat : 15th May 2015 at 12:42 PM.
Hmmm... I'll have to think about it then. Maybe I will upload them at some point.

At any rate, over on tumblr I saw this really fantastic tutorial about placing decorative objects and adjusting their heights in an easier way than using with 0 and 9. You basically use the move objects cheat to place a shelf at the exact height that you want it, put the object on it until it snaps, then use alt to move it to the nearby surface you actually want it on.

http://unobservantsims.tumblr.com/p...54674/sofa-omsp

This is great because just using 0 and 9 to adjust the heights of stuff is kind of clunky, and a lot of times I end up with one object clipping through another or the object floating above where I want it to be. I don't know if this will be useful for anyone else, but I know I'm going to use the hell out of it...
Instructor
#79 Old 15th May 2015 at 3:39 PM
That's a fantastic tip Silly Merricat. Thanks for sharing!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#80 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Silly Merricat
Hmmm... I'll have to think about it then. Maybe I will upload them at some point.

At any rate, over on tumblr I saw this really fantastic tutorial about placing decorative objects and adjusting their heights in an easier way than using with 0 and 9. You basically use the move objects cheat to place a shelf at the exact height that you want it, put the object on it until it snaps, then use alt to move it to the nearby surface you actually want it on.

http://unobservantsims.tumblr.com/p...54674/sofa-omsp

This is great because just using 0 and 9 to adjust the heights of stuff is kind of clunky, and a lot of times I end up with one object clipping through another or the object floating above where I want it to be. I don't know if this will be useful for anyone else, but I know I'm going to use the hell out of it...

I love playing with objects' heights too. I don't know if they fixed it yet (haven't been playing for a while)but the problem with that trick is, when you load a saved house, none of those items stay in their place. Some of the stuff placed with moveobjects cheat also disappear.

Sul Sul! Hooba Noobie?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#81 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 1:37 AM
Moving this to Create > Build Mode. Carry on!

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Field Researcher
#82 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 3:31 AM
I did something kind of interesting today: I used some of plasticbox's liberated plants and modular plants to make these floral arrangements in a planter (also by pbox, from the liberated street deco). I like them because they have a more organic look than you'd get from any single plant from Build mode.
Screenshots

My Simblr is FakeHouses|RealAwesome
Check out my Sim re-creations of 1920s kit homes:
The Shadow Lawn ||| The Plaza ||| The Trenton
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#83 Old 20th Jan 2016 at 4:11 PM
Let's wake this thread up.

Sul Sul! Hooba Noobie?
Test Subject
#84 Old 1st Feb 2016 at 9:34 PM
I love this thread! Another tip I have - for easy unique artwork that matches a room, try having a sim with a high enough creative skill level paint from reference a picture of a rug. It sounds stupid but you can get some really neat modern/abstract looking paintings for your sims walls that aren't CC and can match the colors of the room really well! I like to do this with the striped rug especially, and the one with the rose/flower outline on it (sorry, don't know the names of either off the top of my head!) Also, if you upload these rooms to the gallery with your pre-made art, it remains intact/doesn't count as CC!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#85 Old 1st Feb 2016 at 11:30 PM
Oh, that is actually a cool idea =). So those fugly "artsy" Maxis rugs are at good for something, at last!

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#86 Old 4th Jul 2016 at 1:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by talkingqueen
I love this thread! Another tip I have - for easy unique artwork that matches a room, try having a sim with a high enough creative skill level paint from reference a picture of a rug. It sounds stupid but you can get some really neat modern/abstract looking paintings for your sims walls that aren't CC and can match the colors of the room really well! I like to do this with the striped rug especially, and the one with the rose/flower outline on it (sorry, don't know the names of either off the top of my head!) Also, if you upload these rooms to the gallery with your pre-made art, it remains intact/doesn't count as CC!

That's a lovely idea. I never thought of it. *runs to try

Sul Sul! Hooba Noobie?
Test Subject
#87 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 11:16 AM
Hello, guys. I just wanna ask something about my problem with these "Tray" things. How did you upload your creations in Tray mode, I got confused to upload it to this site. Please let me know if you do. Thx!
Test Subject
#88 Old 28th Dec 2016 at 11:22 PM
Wow, I just spent about 30 minutes reading this entire thread and have seriously learned so much! I've always been somewhat of a mediocre builder. I wasn't bad by any standards. I didn't make box looking houses with excess space and no character. But I always seemed to be missing something. I also never knew about the holding down the alt key feature. That will be so helpful! Now I am going to go build and rebuld to my hearts content and try to better my building. Thank you guys so much!
Page 4 of 4