Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 6:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
Showtime Updates

♦ Games that are saved when paused will now correctly load paused.

lol, FINALLY

So many of my sims gave their lives due to this lil problem. I load a game, get distracted and come back to a dead household. *Sigh* And for a while I thought I was just going senile and forgetting to pause, this whole time it really wasn't me!
Advertisement
Scholar
#52 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 7:10 PM
THIS UPDATE IS *SimGuruRyan Moment Ahead* AWESOME!!!
Mad Poster
#53 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 7:13 PM
-The standing seam roof has returned. ^_^
-The modular Arch Actually snaps into place. I'm curious to see what they'll do with something like this in ITF.
-There's more terrain paint from other worlds, from Aurora Skies and Monte Vista
-Patterns:
-----2 Geometric
-----2 or 3 Themed
-----2 Wood Floors
-----1 Tile (The Spanish Roof Tiles that I thought would have never made made it in)
-----1 Masonry

The Ambitions counters are now 170 simoleons. Now, My cheap houses don't have to looks like a country manor all the time. Thanks Graham.

I'm still digging. Also, I can't get the New Foundation slider thing to work. At all.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#54 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 7:18 PM
Now I have PEPS to get the patch. Guess I will start playing and graduate my sims. I am so "stoked"! Thanks for the report!

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Mad Poster
#55 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 7:19 PM
OMG! OMG! OMG! There's a really nice bed waiting for you all in buydebug. I wont spoil that one for anyone. Please, post no pictures or descriptions (today), just reactions. :p

Mad Poster
#56 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 7:23 PM
That must be the Easter Egg Graham and Mike were talking about. I bet it's a clam bed. I am ready to forget about my sims and start off a new set of sims.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Scholar
#57 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 7:24 PM
Matrix I LOVE THAT BED!!!!!!
Alchemist
#58 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 7:25 PM
I really wish I could retrieve all the updated resources in the GameplayData.package, but I couldn't patch until all my mods are updated.
Alchemist
#59 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 7:27 PM
YOU CAN FINALLY MOVE TO A NEW TOWN
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TMBrandon
I bet money the patch will come out Thursday with the store set, and include a store patch even.

I'll accept payment in the form of an Island Paradise preorder.

Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Patch notes:

http://www.thesims3.com/game/patches/-445044654

Don't see the repriced Value counters on the list. Anyone see if the Value Counters from Ambitions has been repriced to something lower?

We wouldn't usually list something like that in the patch notes. There are lots of minor tweaks that get changed that never get called out

Sims Producer Graham Nardone - Follow me on Twitter @SimGuruGraham
Field Researcher
#61 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 7:31 PM
OMG! Grahams here! LOL.
Mad Poster
#62 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 7:35 PM
Hey Graham. *wave*

And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#63 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 7:36 PM
OMG ! Ladders! (no, don't patch yet, mods need updating first) BUT, But, you can center lot placement now! ( NO, just..WAIT) LOTS PLACED ON WATER!!!! (NO, dammit, just WAIT! Put the mouse down and back away slowly.)
Alchemist
#64 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ButchSims
OMG ! Ladders! (no, don't patch yet, mods need updating first) BUT, But, you can center lot placement now! ( NO, just..WAIT) LOTS PLACED ON WATER!!!! (NO, dammit, just WAIT! Put the mouse down and back away slowly.)

I understand completely! I would do it this minute if I weren't so worried about CAW being messed up somehow. *sniff*
Scholar
#65 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 7:41 PM
Just Go For It Peeps I Did!!!!
Forget that...
I've already got a problem
One Minute Ninja'd
#66 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 7:44 PM
Wow. From what I'm reading, a lot of stuff that actually matters got cleaned up with this patch. Thank you, Graham! And I hate to do this to you, but it looks like the future success of TS4 will now fall on your shoulders as you move over to that project. Don't feel too pressured or anything. And try to remember us little folks when you're on the top of the mountain.

I have a nice legacy going right now, and I usually wait until the EP is released anyway before patching, so I'll live vicariously through this thread and dream of the goodness to come. Besides, I have a feeling there might be enough new gameplay in the EP that some mods may need a touch up after the release as well, so another reason I'm not jumping quite yet. But thanks to all you unsafe sex practitioners early adopters, with no protection, who are willing to put yourself in harm's way by checking it out now.
Theorist
#67 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 7:44 PM
Playing around with it right now. Here's pictures of the ghosts!

Scuba Diving:

Dehydration:

My personal favourite...Shark! The effects on this one animate like some of Supernatural's ghosts.

Video to come later!
Scholar
#68 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 7:45 PM
The pillars under the stilted platforms don't always delete over water
Mad Poster
#69 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
I am ready to forget about my sims and start off a new set of sims.

I always start fresh with each new patch. I keep telling myself that I am not going to do it, but alas, I do it every time! At least I save my sims to bin.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimGuruGraham
I'll accept payment in the form of an Island Paradise preorder.

OK, if preorders can pay off ill-placed bets, then I hope you'll accept my preorder as a thank-you, in addition to my actual thanks.

I've been playing Sims since Sims 1, and this expansion has relatively high amounts of new gameplay and functionality versus most other expansions recently, maybe since Sims 1 when every functionality was "new."
The big juicy patch is like an appetizer before what may be a feast.
Instructor
#71 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 7:48 PM
I usually end up starting fresh with each new expansion pack also, I create a new game to "test" things and then I end up playing it indefinitely.
Mad Poster
#72 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 7:50 PM
Stilts over water don't recolor.

Instructor
#73 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 7:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by applefeather2
I understand completely! I would do it this minute if I weren't so worried about CAW being messed up somehow. *sniff*

I need awesomemod and a bunch of Twallan's mods, oh and a couple of other random mods.
Scholar
#74 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 7:52 PM
I can't wait until the 28th. Way too long.
Theorist
#75 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 8:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Stilts over water don't recolor.

What? I'm playing around with the wooden stilts and I can recolour them just fine.
Page 3 of 11