Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 5:29 PM Last edited by DaddyLove : 20th Jun 2009 at 7:09 PM.
Default Making the Days Longer
I saw that some guy called inf666 on the official Sims 3 forums (quote below) had modded his game so that one sim-day would take 2 IRL hours. Normally I would PM him, but because those forums are broken I am unable to contact him. He said that he edited his "time table XML files" to slow things down. Where can i find those files and make one sim-minute take 6 IRL seconds?

Quote:
I actually had to Modify my time table XML files to Slow Everything Way Down.

I know I know...your like " WTF?? " Right?? " Slow it down?? Your crazy!!!! "

Well unfortunately I'm not and unlike so many others I have way more than enough to do with my sims that I had no choice. There was so much for them to do in one sims day that the default timers for 1 day didn't allow for them to get everything done that they needed to get done in 1 day. And it's rather ironic as well as even though I have my times setup to be for every 2 hours IRL it takes 1 sim day they still do not manage to get everything they want to get done.

I just don't understand how everyone can be in such a rush to get through a sims day and or sleeping periods. I love it when my sims finally go to bed. It is so nice as it gives me a chance to take a break from the 2 hour run around.

In a days time in my game my sims actually enjoy themselves from, Fishing, Jogging, Gardening, Visiting friends & family, Reading Books to toddlers, Learning new skills and trades, Enjoying a leisurely stroll through the parks, Collecting Gems, Seeds, Bugs, etc etc etc...

I'm telling you there is so much to do in this game with your sims you can't possibly get it all done in 1 sims day. I actually run my Story Mode Progression, and Aging with aging as high as it can possibly go. And it's wonderful. To actually know I have so much time and see the community flourish like it does in the game is beyond what I ever expected from a game like this.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 8:40 PM
I agree, though 2 hours is kinda long... maybe like, thirty minutes..
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 10:05 PM
I was hoping to find information regarding this, I to feel that the sims timer runs far to fat and 2 IRL hours for each sims day does seem a little to slow, I would like to see my game run at 1 day for every IRL hour.
Test Subject
#4 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 1:45 AM
oh wow I would love the 2 hour sim day...I don't play often, but when I do i like to enjoy my simmies to the fullest and 2 whole hours would be fabulous to get everything done leisurely instead of in a hurry
Test Subject
#5 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 11:32 AM
Wow thats nice!
How can i download this?

THX
Test Subject
#6 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 6:00 AM
Default I love the idea!
Howdy!

If anyone does figure out how to do this, I'll volunteer to test it. I don't think I want it quite as long as 2 irl hours for a day, though...more like 1 irl hour. YA! *smile* I think that would be perfect to meet my needs.

Happy day, ya'all!
--Val
Test Subject
#7 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 12:06 PM
1 want my days to last 1 real day and edit the speed to 1 minute takes 1 minute =]
Test Subject
#8 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 2:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yeesnaw
1 want my days to last 1 real day and edit the speed to 1 minute takes 1 minute =]

I wouldn't mind such a mod (1 real day to 1 sims day is a little excessive) but also slow everything else down. Make them get hungry morning, afternoons and evenings, slow down relationships, etc.

I too rather hate all the rushing that's going on. Everyday you have to start things up like clockwork.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 2:20 PM
Same goes for me!!! One of the big things for TS3 was the fact that there was less focus on "Needs" and more focus on "Things to do" around town.... while the needs are more lenient than TS2.... its hardly noticeable as eating/sleeping/showering etc still take up half the day! since the days are so quick!

Unless my sim wants to leave the garden untended or skip out on work, there's like no time to socialize.... and even on the days where my sims will skip out on work or school, they still dont have time for anything!

I've tried using maxmotives to make the most of my time, but it ruins alot of the fun of the game, and not only that, even using maxmotives, since the days fly by so quick, your sims age too fast, and other sims have to go home/sleep etc as well, leaving you on your own and there is still work....
Scholar
#10 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 3:31 PM
Can't you even post on the forum where he wrote this asking him how he did it? Do you have a link, I would love to have a go at that and would share all I learn with everyone here.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 5:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fluttereyes
Can't you even post on the forum where he wrote this asking him how he did it? Do you have a link, I would love to have a go at that and would share all I learn with everyone here.

Sure thing man, here's the link, please do.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/po...776.page#193062

It's post #10 from above.

My account there is completely FUBAR so I can't even reply to the thread.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 4:27 AM
If you can make a mod of this downloadable I would so grab it! I hate to see how it takes 20 minutes to walk across the small garden...
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 5:29 AM
Frankly I don’t think anyone (publicly) has yet determined how to do this; I only assume a hack can make this possible and as mentioned in the original topic site, editing the time table xml file slows everything down, including the animations. inf666 never explained what he did or how he did it and what the outcome is, all they ever talk about is there darn gamming rigs… Now on the last page IngeJones claims that he has found an xml file that describes the above.
Site Helper
#14 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 6:02 AM
Just FYI: Inge is a woman.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 6:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Just FYI: Inge is a woman.

Tehe :lovestruc, now how am I supposed to know. And frankly I can't find this time table inf666 talked about.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#16 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 8:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CrazyAce
Tehe :lovestruc, now how am I supposed to know. And frankly I can't find this time table inf666 talked about.

Neither can I. Like I said, I only found one dealing with how many times faster the speed 2 and speed 3 and slow motion goes. But none of those settings deal with the *comparative* clock speed - they all speed up and slow down the animations along with the clock. I have not yet found any way the sim will do their animation that normally takes from 7am to 7.30am, and find it is only 7.15am when the have finished.

That is to do with clock ticks. Merola had a hack for that in Sims2, but everything is done differently in Sims3

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#17 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 10:01 PM
Default Another Issue...
Howdy! Howdy!

Another Issue that I have with the clock is the fact that the highest speed is too slow. For me, it just seems to take too long to get through the sleeping and the working.

I'm sure if I made a family with more than one sim, which I do not want to do yet...I would have something more interesting to do other than wait for my favorite sim to sleep or get off work. I would like to be able to speed up the speed up feature...*giggle*...for the lack of a better statement...but make the day last longer.

I am not a programmer by any means, but am willing to help with this project if needed. I can hep test or if there is something else ya'all can use me for, let me know.

Happy day, ya'all!
--Val
Scholar
#18 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 9:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Neither can I. Like I said, I only found one dealing with how many times faster the speed 2 and speed 3 and slow motion goes. But none of those settings deal with the *comparative* clock speed - they all speed up and slow down the animations along with the clock. I have not yet found any way the sim will do their animation that normally takes from 7am to 7.30am, and find it is only 7.15am when the have finished.

That is to do with clock ticks. Merola had a hack for that in Sims2, but everything is done differently in Sims3

Inge, I commented over there too to you. The guy never did come back despite several people asking him about this and how he did it. It could be he was talking out the hole on the top of his head. I'm sure if there's a way to do it one of you would be able to find it. Would be a great mod that one, just to double up on the hours they have in a day. I fail to see the point though, of making it so they take 40 sim mins to do something rather than 20, maybe this is what he did. I don't know.
Scholar
#19 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 9:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CrazyAce

Inge is a female name
Site Helper
#20 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 4:46 PM
The way that I tell is to click on the person's name. This takes me to their profile page, which contains their gender.
Test Subject
#21 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 5:10 PM
i want to change my TIME like 1 sim day = 1 Real Life Hour

Anyone an idea?
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#22 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 6:24 PM
Hoden, that's what we've been talking about wrt the guy who wrote he edited his xml. So far I don't believe we found out how.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#23 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fluttereyes
Inge is a female name

Guess it depends on where you're from. In Sweden it's a male name.
Test Subject
#24 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 7:44 PM
I want 4 hour days.
And the ability to do other things while the tub is filling up or the oven is on.

The calendar is not a conveyor belt.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 3:14 AM
=< So no word from him on this... ah well... =< I was hoping there would be something somewhere in the code that would specify something like "1 second = 1 sim-minute" that you could change around a bit... I would think it would have to be seperate from the animations... since the animations just go on repeat until the need bar fills up... i'd think it'd be independant of eachother...

T.T But I know nothing about programming or codes/scripts and couldnt even tell you what an "XML" is lol...
Page 1 of 3