Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#101 Old 26th May 2008 at 3:05 AM
Yes, especially the part where Sims can now walk in pairs! It'd be like both staying fit and being social at the same time.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#102 Old 26th May 2008 at 3:28 AM
Sims can walk in pairs? I only knew that now

What about dating sims? I guess they can have a walk in the park, a picnic, and a WooHoo under a tree
Mad Poster
#103 Old 26th May 2008 at 3:59 AM
Hahaha, I love woohoo under trees! Yes, now we can finally have romantic picnics. I hope there will be special interactions while in a picnic, like kisses, gazing at each other, watching the sky and/or scenery together, etc.
Top Secret Researcher
#104 Old 26th May 2008 at 5:03 AM
I hope restaurant dating comes back in TS3. I just want to see their reaction when food gets thrown all over them. And nightclubs, too--I wanna see more of the nightlife in town.
Mad Poster
#105 Old 27th May 2008 at 3:03 AM
I am sure most of NL will be implemented. I mean you can just tell already. The only concern I have is will nightclubs and restaurants be rabbit holes. I would be very upset if so because they are such fun places to visit. I mean, it was because of these places that made going to community lots fun and worth going to. Remember when we first started with the Sims and Hot Date (the 3rd EP) introduced us to community lots/downtown. That was just so col at the timwe. And now to take all that away would just make the game so boring, almost like going back to square 1. I hope clothing shops are still not going to be rabbit holes since it was mentioned that they possibly may become rabbit holes.
Banned
#106 Old 27th May 2008 at 7:11 AM
I got 1 Putting Dr. Ivan Vu in the sims 3 with Evil, Smart ,Mecanicly Gifted, Neat, Grouchy.
Mad Poster
#107 Old 28th May 2008 at 2:06 AM
I'm glad that we are getting wind in the game and that it will blow on trees. But it would be cool if it could blow on Sims, like their hair and what not. And some it can impact on certain Sim behavior. Like some Sims may not like to be outside if it is too windy and so having a conversation won't seem as comfortable.
Top Secret Researcher
#108 Old 28th May 2008 at 2:23 AM
Wouldn't it be possible for sims to get swept away by the wind--given that they're extremely thin or the winds are strong?
Mad Poster
#109 Old 28th May 2008 at 2:47 AM
LOL, that would be funny! Actually a windstorm would be great for that. I can just imagine for comical purposes that a skinny Sim would be grabbing onto a street sign while the body is waving like a flag from such strong winds.
Top Secret Researcher
#110 Old 28th May 2008 at 2:54 AM
Brave sims would make great heroes in town. Imagine: Them saving people from fires, windstorms, or any kind of calamity.
Mad Poster
#111 Old 28th May 2008 at 2:58 AM
Oh wow, right? I never thought of that. I would love to have heroes and every time they walk in public, they get cheers or praises by nice and friendly Sims. Ooooh, a mini-game comes to mind now! I want mini-games in Sims 3. Maybe if we win certain mini-games, we can unlock new behavior/interactions.

EDIT: A mini-game for heroes could be like a random Sim has a kitten stuck in a tree and you have to rescue it.
Mad Poster
#112 Old 28th May 2008 at 9:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie

EDIT: A mini-game for heroes could be like a random Sim has a kitten stuck in a tree and you have to rescue it.

That would be so cute!!!
Top Secret Researcher
#113 Old 28th May 2008 at 10:53 AM
Mini-games sound nice! I like the thought of a mini-game while dating.

Hmm, I wonder if a career in superheroes would apply to brave sims...:D
Scholar
#114 Old 28th May 2008 at 11:21 AM
Yes winds at least on trees will be a big environmental addition. It would be brillant on hair too but with variety (especially with the custom ones) it wouldn't be easy I guess.

Oh yes mini-games like that would be great ! Rescue a cat stuck in a tree and be rewarded by these old rich women master. Hehe, I hope that they will add a firemen career in the base game for these brave heroes. :D
Theorist
#115 Old 28th May 2008 at 1:19 PM
Stop a sim from Nicking a Gnome... or Newspaper...
The possibility's are endless!

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Mad Poster
#116 Old 29th May 2008 at 5:44 AM
I know! That way, people who enjoy playing games with an objective can still enjoy this. I think adding mini-games (as well as new ones per EP) would be a great and popular addition to the game. They would really make us feel like our Sims are doing something worth doing and not just because they are programed to do it.

A fireman career is definitely very good since we do have a police one. And this time I hope we get to have college in the game but treated like schools for children and teens in that they are just a location and that college could be required only to unlock certain careers and get higher pay in jobs. In Sims 2, it was very silly that anyone could be a doctor and then months later an EP allowing Sims to go to college was released with new jobs that were only available if you went to college but were jobs that weren't necessarily more college-required that some of the base-game jobs. EA needs to be smarter about these things because now the game is aiming more towards realism than ever before.
Theorist
#117 Old 29th May 2008 at 2:48 PM
too true! Thats why I'm not that bothered about producers of the game thinking of EPs already, That way, little things like the "uni example" are worked around!

gooooo Realism!

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#118 Old 29th May 2008 at 3:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
I know! That way, people who enjoy playing games with an objective can still enjoy this. I think adding mini-games (as well as new ones per EP) would be a great and popular addition to the game. They would really make us feel like our Sims are doing something worth doing and not just because they are programed to do it.

I too like the idea of mini games. Mini games are not rare in games anymore and The Sims is a good platform for many different mini games. Makin Magic and Superstars had mini games which was a great idea. I was surprised they did not explore this further in The Sims 2. I hope they reintroduce it in Sims 3.
Mad Poster
#119 Old 29th May 2008 at 10:34 PM
I didn't know MM had mini-games. What were they? Jeez, I hope we get them back!
Top Secret Researcher
#120 Old 30th May 2008 at 1:44 AM
I think you can do the minigames when you're in Magic Town (MM). Casting spells, buying stuff, trading--stuff like that.

Which gave me an idea: I hope we get street magicians in town!
Mad Poster
#121 Old 31st May 2008 at 3:41 AM
Oooh, that would be cool! And you can learn many tricks and what not, maybe even become a magician as a career.
Top Secret Researcher
#122 Old 31st May 2008 at 3:46 AM
Yeah, so at least MM would have some elements incorporated in TS3.

And just wishful thinking, but I hope we could have some disasters around town--like a house on fire, and sims are freaking out. Then comes the firefighters mto save them. And maybe a really brave sim comes in to help. If this was mentioned earlier, I'm just stating for emphasis.
Mad Poster
#123 Old 2nd Jun 2008 at 8:31 PM
Yeah, it would add to the realism.
Page 5 of 5