Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 1:48 PM
Default Enlarging Items problems!
Has anybody here come across this? My keyboard (I'm Danish) Basically european layout. The [ and ] are basically ctrl + alt + 8 and 9. Not a seperate button. And because of this I seem to have no way to enlarge objects. Shift + ctrl + alt + 8/9 dosent work. Anybody know a possible fix? My keyboard software wont let me bind a key to [ or ].
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 1:51 PM
All I can think of is maybe using a macro program like Autohotkey to try and make two other keys presses send in [ and ] respectively. I'm not sure if that will work or not though.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 3:19 PM
For me (German) instead of shift + [ or ] it's shift + ß or ´. Maybe you haven't found the right keys for your country yet? Try the two keys left of the return key, maybe?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lalalu2009
Has anybody here come across this? My keyboard (I'm Danish) Basically european layout. The [ and ] are basically ctrl + alt + 8 and 9. Not a seperate button. And because of this I seem to have no way to enlarge objects. Shift + ctrl + alt + 8/9 dosent work. Anybody know a possible fix? My keyboard software wont let me bind a key to [ or ].

Same problem for me as well, I have a Croatian keyboard and [ and ] are on F and G but I tried those and doesn't work. I tried all other keys and nothing.
Instructor
#5 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 3:55 PM
Try anything that's to the right of P maybe? The nearest button to the right should decrease the size, one more to the right should increase it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 4:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Devers
All I can think of is maybe using a macro program like Autohotkey to try and make two other keys presses send in [ and ] respectively. I'm not sure if that will work or not though.

Quote: Originally posted by Monsoon
Try anything that's to the right of P maybe? The nearest button to the right should decrease the size, one more to the right should increase it.

Thanks you guys! Just anything besides P works!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#7 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 4:39 PM
Moving this to Help posthumously, in case others have the same issue.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Inventor
#8 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 5:19 PM Last edited by Yogi-Tea : 7th Sep 2014 at 5:20 PM. Reason: typo
I had the same issue (using a German keyboard). I added the us-keyboard layout to my computer settings (Windows 8.1) and now I can easily switch between those two. That may also works for all of you.