Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 6:36 PM
Default Sims behaviour in town.
This is just thinking out aloud. Now that Sims 3 have a single large town, I was wondering if Sims would react differently in town depending on other factors rather than just walking around.

For example, one of your Sims is on the political career track and is working as a campaigner. You might see that Sim on the street taking polls or canvasing for votes. Likewise if one of your Sims is famous, like the mayor, other Sims would start pointing and maybe trying to talk to them.

Then there is the policeman/woman Sims on patrol and you might see the Superhero/Superheroines making an appearance.

This would, in my opinion, make the town more lifelike and reactive to the players created Sims.
Advertisement
#2 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 7:40 PM
That would be soooo neat!! I'd love to see the little things, too.. Like a mommy and kid holding hands as they cross the street and such :D
#3 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 8:27 PM
OHHH. Or two women who are best friends pushing strollers together! I would love to see a park with a plaground that the kids might meet up at after school and play together.
#4 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yanaba79
OHHH. Or two women who are best friends pushing strollers together! I would love to see a park with a plaground that the kids might meet up at after school and play together.

That would be soo cute and cool!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 8:41 PM
I would like it if you could call a sim in another home, and ask them to meet you at a cafe or the park. Or you can call a neighbor and then walk to their house, and the two sims go to the cafe together. that would be fun. I really hope that they have the option to swim in the 'ocean' like in bon voyage. I see that they can plant things and i've heard they can fish. I would really love if there was a real beach your simmies could go to.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 8:45 PM
I've always wanted my sims to visit their neighbors in their house
Instructor
#7 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 8:46 PM
I think this would be a great addition.. this should definately be added
#8 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 8:47 PM
Or sims with the Grouchy/Prankster trait might trip passersby Sims with their foot and giggle. That would be hilarious!
#9 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 8:53 PM
I wonder if sims can know where they are and are not suppose to be. I mean would Sim A be quiet and alert while in the mayor's private office. Would Sim B know to sneak around and avoid the bedroom while robbing Sim A's house while he was sleeping.....
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 3:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kinneer
Likewise if one of your Sims is famous, like the mayor, other Sims would start pointing and maybe trying to talk to them.

This actually brings up a point. In Sims 2, can't you actually get the job of Mayor in the political track? Will this mean in Sims 3, you won't be able to become Mayor unless no other sim is that high in the career yet?
Mad Poster
#11 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 4:29 AM
I assume it's a one-Sim position.
#12 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 12:49 PM
I think it will be interesting to see what sims do in town.. their personalities should make for an interesting show..and making friends should be interesting and forming relationships since every sim is so different.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 8:20 PM
I do know that evil Sims will slap Sims and start fights.
Scholar
#14 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 12:33 AM
I would LOVE that sort of realism in the sim town. If you had a celebrity sim like a rock star or a movie star, then having little groupies follow you around would be a fun touch.

.:Kitty Klan:.
Visit for Sims 3 Hair, Tattoos, and other free custom content downloads.

.For website updates, subscribe to my RSS feed at.
Dreamwidth Blog
Mad Poster
#15 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 4:33 AM
Don't forget the paparazzi!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 11:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kittielickie
I really hope that they have the option to swim in the 'ocean' like in bon voyage. I would really love if there was a real beach your simmies could go to.

In one of the screenshots it says 'build your sims a cosy house on the coast', so you never know. If they are the coast then maybe a beach is a feature they'll use in later expansions. I hope they do too, I love the beaches in Bon Voyage.
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 11:44 AM
-Sloppy sims litter (as in throw wrappers anywhere), and neat sims clean up after them.
-Mean sims will randomly shove, tease, or fight other sims.
-Nice sims will occasionally give flowers away or carry a teddy bear on the street.
-Active sims jog or do exercises on the street (I hope they listen to mp3 players while jogging)
-Lazy sims sit wherever they could
-Outgoing sims talk to any random person and is usually not afraid to do public displays of affection.
-Shy sims don't socialize at all.
Scholar
#18 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 9:05 PM
I'd love it if teenage sims could graffiti on a wall, and then a policeman will shout at them and chase them down the street
Mad Poster
#19 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 3:58 AM
It would have to be evil teens because I don't want my whole town covered in graffiti, so there will most likely be less evil Sims in my 'hoods. Sims who litter should be fined by a cop if caught.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 8:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
It would have to be evil teens because I don't want my whole town covered in graffiti, so there will most likely be less evil Sims in my 'hoods. Sims who litter should be fined by a cop if caught.

I'd love for sims to get fined for evil stuff they do, or even to be put in jail. Sims who assault other sims should also be fined or jailed. I hate random fights on my lots.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 3:37 PM
Who says Graffiti's evil?
Mad Poster
#22 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 4:09 AM
Well, it's not that graffiti is evil, it's just that a Sim with the evil trait is more likely to perform the action because I'm sure graffiti in the game will be treated as a negative thing because of the fact that it would be damaging property. Yes, I know there is artistic graffiti but that is not what I was talking about. I was talking about graffiti for the sole purpose of destroying property. Therefore, seeing as how we are not going to have murder in the game or anything too serious for evil Sims, what other things can evil Sims do? Graffiti would be an option, slapping Sims and starting fights, wishing death on people (yes, it's been mentioned) but even though that is a homicidal thought, it's still not actual murder, so it still an be for a T-rated game. I mean, evil Sims are going to be limited, they can't be M-rated evil.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 6:52 PM
I suppose, but I'd still feel a little offended if it were treated as an evil thing, especially if the Graffiti was really nice (done by an artistic sim, maybe), not that crappy "tag" stuff.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 13th Apr 2008 at 4:10 AM
Well, I'm talking about gang-related graffiti, seeing as how I am from Detroit and it's everywhere in the ghetto, lol. Maybe they can have two types: artistic and vandalism? Artistic could even be a little part-time job to make the town more artsy and unique and you can get some money out of it. Vandalism type could just get you a fine and get into some trouble.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 14th Apr 2008 at 5:52 AM
That's sounds like a decent compromise. Although, thinking now about how grey the subject is, I doubt EAxis will include it. They wouldn't want a squad of angry graffiti artist crying repression of art, or a mod of livid mothers screaming idealisation of criminality.
Page 1 of 5