Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Nov 2014 at 11:15 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 12th Nov 2014 at 1:16 AM.
Default Various s4pi wrappers (2014-10-19, 2014-10-21, 2014-10-27)
Reuploading the latest versions I have of various s4pi wrappers since right now they aren’t available anywhere else by the looks of it. These are different/newer versions than those that come with S4PEv0.2.c, including the s4pi.GenericRCOLResource.dll which is necessary for editing MATD.

Update 2014-11-11: Updated versions of CASPartResource, MeshChunks and RCOLChunks from 11-09 and 11-11 are available here.

Update 2014-11-08: s4pe has promptly been updated this morning (the last prediction had been “a month or two”) -- current version is now 0.2d, please do check out if the wrappers from the official s4pe distribution work for your purpose now too! (Those are now in turn newer than the ones attached below -- I’m going to leave them here at least for a short while just in case there’s new bugs or anything)

Thanks for the update, Kuree!

--

These are the versions that were included with Sims4Studio 1.5.3.1 (which has been taken down a couple of hours ago).

I’m also attaching those source files that had been included with Sims4Studio 1.5.3.1 source FWIW (s4piRCOLChunks, MeshChunks, GenericRCOLResource – the other ones were missing from that) – note however that going by the timestamp these are a week older than the files in the corresponding distribution; I don’t know whether they match. You might be able to find more/other/newer ones on the main S4PE download page here.

Edit: Also attaching s4pi_2014-10-21.zip which contains WrapperDealer, Settings, Package, Interfaces with a 2014-10-21 timestamp from Sims4Studio_v1.5.4.1 (which is now also gone). Neither the license nor the corresponding source were included with that version; I’ve added back the license, but I don’t have the source (again; look on the main S4PE download page, maybe it’s there -- I cannot tell which of the compiled .dlls corresponds to which of the updates).

--

I’m not claiming authorship and I’m not doing any support for these, I’m only making them available. To the best of my knowledge the original author of these is Peter Jones, with edits by Kuree, possibly others too. License is GNU General Public License (also included with the zips). From the preamble:

Quote:
Our General Public Licenses are designed to make sure that you have the freedom to distribute copies of free software (and charge for them if you wish), that you receive source code or can get it if you want it, that you can change the software or use pieces of it in new free programs, and that you know you can do these things.

--
Attached files:
File Type: zip  s4pi_2014-10-19+27.zip (397.1 KB, 36 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  s4pi_2014-10-21_src.zip (122.4 KB, 27 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  s4pi_2014-10-21.zip (73.6 KB, 33 downloads) - View custom content

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 7th Nov 2014 at 1:46 PM
For anyone that would be doubtful of the legality or ethics of plasticbox to upload these, let me explain.

These wrappers are both based on and uses the s4pi library which in turn is based on the s3pi library. s3pi was released under the GPL (GNU public license) which means that all work based on this library or using it has to be released under the GPL as well. When a piece of software is released under GPL the source code has to be accessible to all users of that software and a user may modify and/or share a copy of the software as long as they as well comply with the GPL.

So legally you are not allowed to use s4pi in a program without making it GPL nor may you prevent anyone to share any program and code using s4pi they have in their possession, this applies to wrappers. And there is no ethical qualms with using these or sharing these as it is part of the agreement when developing for s4pi.

I hope this was informative for any modders that has been unsure about the situation.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Nov 2014 at 2:07 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 7th Nov 2014 at 4:43 PM.
Just a heads-up for other tool makers using these (or other code released on similar terms): please take the time to actually read the authors’ license / terms of use, and make sure you comply with them. If you don’t like somebody’s terms, use something else.

Unlike regular uploads, there is no moderation queue for tool uploads so up to now it has been solely the author’s responsibility to take care of that -- but if it looks like we need to pay closer attention (i.e. notify people and when they don’t comply, take down an upload), we will. Personally I’m not going to just remove an upload without prior notice, particularly when it’s by a new creator that only just joined with TS4; it’s very well possible people just forget to e.g. include licenses/source/whatever without being aware they’re doing something wrong. But you might want to doublecheck sooner rather than later.

A practical tip re. license and other text files: you cannot attach .txt to posts here, but you can attach txt.zip .. so for people who update their tools a lot, it might be easier to just attach TOU and stuff that way (as a separate attachment), rather than having to remember to put it in every new .zip. -- that was actually bad advice, I was just reminded that license statements and such should always be IN the zip .. because people might also pass that on via e-mail etc.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Instructor
#4 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 5:54 AM
While we have zero Objection to anyone using the .Dll files from Sims 4 Studio, This has become obsolete because Kuree released the new version of S4PE that contains the MATD he wrote. So now you don't have to do all those steps.

(◐ω◑)
What kind of Sim loves like this?
(◐ω◑)
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#5 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 8:26 AM
Ah good news! And I am glad to hear it's no longer considered disrespectful to have used dlls from Studio in the s4pe folder

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#6 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 9:44 AM
Ok someone thinks it's not good news that s4pe has a fixed MATD :D

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)