Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Dec 2014 at 2:11 PM
Default Core\sims4\tuning\instance_manager.py
Has anyone managed to decompile that? Also the other files in /tuning .. for me a lot of other stuff works, but not this folder, and since it's throwing exceptions at me I'd like to see what its problem is =/.

If so, how?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 24th Dec 2014 at 9:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Has anyone managed to decompile that? Also the other files in /tuning .. for me a lot of other stuff works, but not this folder, and since it's throwing exceptions at me I'd like to see what its problem is =/.

If so, how?

Is it this py-file in the attachment you want to get?
Attached files:
File Type: zip  instance_manager.zip (3.2 KB, 318 downloads) - View custom content
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Dec 2014 at 6:26 PM
That should be one of them, yeah -- thank you!

For me the issue is that that entire folder, /tuning, didnt decompile -- I was using the instructions / tools in this post http://modthesims.info/t/536436 and then later saw that post http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=540664 as well, just haven't tried that yet since I don't know whether it would make a difference .. would it? Or do you have any other idea on how to get that thing to decompile properly?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 24th Dec 2014 at 11:08 PM Last edited by clsve : 1st Jan 2015 at 7:52 AM.
At the same time as mgomez uploaded his decompileing program ! had made my own (attached). It's very simple, entirely written in Python 3..3.5 and using TkInter for dialogs. You need to have unpyc3 in your Python-library as well as TkInter (standard in Python). It decompile one folder at a time and OBSERVE removes pyo-files. Just doubleclick at it and navigate to your folder and click OK.
I attach as well the entire /tuning-folder.

Edit: Rename decompX.py to decompX.pyw before executing.

BTW I recommend GNU emacs as texteditor for Python-scripts. It's free and available for Windows, Mac and of course Linux.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  tuning_folder.zip (32.0 KB, 124 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  decompX.zip (461 Bytes, 88 downloads) - View custom content