Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jan 2019 at 9:08 AM
Default Your favorite mods when building? In game or CAW.
Which mods do you find most useful when building a house or a world?

I found Buzzler's Builder Mods extremely useful. Especially the short cheats one. To get into buydebug, all I need to type is 'tse on' and 'bd'.
This mod was made in 2011, and I, MeowMix, realised this mod was a thing in 2019. Cool cool.

Builder's world is handy too when testing lots in game.

I feel I should mention No intro nor maxis logo even though it is always useful, just to be thorough.

I also made a mod that stops camera moving when the Uni Mascot, Weather Stone or Time Portal arrives. Having camera suddenly move when you're trying to inspect how the world looks after doing minor chances is special kind of annoying.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 12th Jan 2019 at 10:02 AM
My own mod comes first for me, without that I'm working with a 50% reduction in items available and a jumbled catalogue.
Buzzlers restriction choker, definitely. Community lots need fridges too!
Awesome mod, because changing a residential lot to a community lot means some items (again, like fridges) would disappear otherwise.
The mod that hides grids on other floors, can't remember who made that.

There's others, but theyre the main ones.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Jan 2019 at 10:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
The mod that hides grids on other floors, can't remember who made that.

alverdine?
Yes, forgot her!
Alchemist
#4 Old 12th Jan 2019 at 10:15 AM
Builder's Island. Oh boy, I have several savegames of thst world full of unfinished homes
I also have the grid mod, I can't imagine getting back to the intense default grid.
And I might have to take a look at buzzler's mod, didn't know it existed until now.
Correction: I forgot about it.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#5 Old 12th Jan 2019 at 10:45 AM
All of the above, of course

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 12th Jan 2019 at 11:28 AM
Yes to most of the above! Add any lot size is one I couldn't give up on.

omnis mundi creatura
Mad Poster
#7 Old 12th Jan 2019 at 5:30 PM
Ideally, build mods for me entail improving aesthetics/ gameplay, but without requiring the mod to be included with the lot itself. Just some off the top of my head:

- Velocitygrass's stencil remover: http://modthesims.info/d/478307

An absolute-must as it allows you to remove the awful overlays on EA objects, meaning that their use won't be so limited. To its extreme, it allows you to creatively reuse objects in other situations beyond their original purpose (i.e. paintings as vents). A further bonus is that these changes carry over with the shared lot even without the mod.

-A bunch of small mods fixing object peeves (i.e. Shiftable mirrors, cabinets, more slots)
- A bunch of mods fixing whatever aesthetic issues EA never bothered fixing (I.e. wall normals, window masks)

- Definitely have to look for a mod that recatagorizes a bunch of objects to more evenly spread out the object menus and reduce the clutter in the deco menus
- I wonder if every object (not just wall items) could be made shiftable?
Mad Poster
#8 Old 12th Jan 2019 at 7:15 PM
I don't know why but I've never gotten around to trying out the stencil remover mod. I run into the problem of not being able to get rid of a stencil regularly, and each time I use it as an opportunity to remind myself to get that mod, but after years and years and years I never have.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#9 Old 12th Jan 2019 at 8:02 PM
I tried the stencil mod and had the same problems of not being able to remove it entirely on some objects, while other objects the stencil can be removed. Eventually I went the dirty way and just replaced the stencils with blank images using S3PE. Why does UL have a fucking stencil on everything?

My favourite mod would be my recategorize mod. The Sims 3 has a lot of crap content I never use. Along with that grid mod. Default grid is annoying.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#10 Old 12th Jan 2019 at 8:12 PM
I don't associate UL with having a lot of stencils; in my experience, they're kind of spread equally across the whole game. Though when I think about it I can imagine the college theme will result in a higher than normal amount of stickers, wraps and decals.

insert signature here
Alchemist
#11 Old 12th Jan 2019 at 8:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
- Velocitygrass's stencil remover: http://modthesims.info/d/478307

An absolute-must as it allows you to remove the awful overlays on EA objects, meaning that their use won't be so limited. To its extreme, it allows you to creatively reuse objects in other situations beyond their original purpose (i.e. paintings as vents). A further bonus is that these changes carry over with the shared lot even without the mod.

Gah, forgot I use that one, too

I also have this default.. I think it's an override, for the wood patterns.

Yeah, my CC isn't that organized.

#12 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 3:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
I don't know why but I've never gotten around to trying out the stencil remover mod. I run into the problem of not being able to get rid of a stencil regularly, and each time I use it as an opportunity to remind myself to get that mod, but after years and years and years I never have.

In EA's wonderful consistency, the stencil sometimes isn't the layer that contains the image- you need to test it a bit.

Thankfully, you can always switch to a saved palette if you end up erasing everything, and you can save your altered designs as a palette as well- which is tremendously useful if you end up wanting to reuse that object elsewhere.

I would really recommend taking the mod for a run and trying it again.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 14th Jan 2019 at 4:55 AM Last edited by MeowMixPls : 14th Jan 2019 at 5:31 AM.
@Johnny_Bravo I had no idea wood replacement mod existed. I just downloaded it.
@jje1000 Oh, yes. I forgot all about shiftable mods! And to answer your question; YES!

Art galleries just got far more interesting for the artistically and athletically inclined sims.

Edit// Forgot tell about Windows letting in more light Mod. It inspired me to make some glass doors to let more light in.
Alchemist
#14 Old 14th Jan 2019 at 6:17 PM
That's something I missed! Better light from the windows. I got used to EA's job, but placing a huge window which barely let's any light in is just frustrating and wtf.

#15 Old 15th Jan 2019 at 1:48 AM
In order of importance to me its:

velocitygrass : stencil remover

velocitygrass : add any lot size

Blyss : more light coming through windows

alverdine : shiftable curtains

Field Researcher
#16 Old 15th Jan 2019 at 1:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
- I wonder if every object (not just wall items) could be made shiftable?

They can. Debugenabler moves most objects up or down in increments of your choice.

This mod will do even more for you, and the changes stick to the lot when shared, with both these mods that is.

http://virtualartisan.blogspot.com/...est-friend.html

These two are my 'can't live without' mods for building