Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 6:39 AM
Default How do you edit the color swatch that appears in CAS?
Hello!

I created a brand new mesh and several colors to go along with it, but I cannot figure out how to edit the color swatch that shows up when looking at the various items in CAS. (They are all appearing as gray currently.) Is there a way to modify the color within s4pe by chance or by some other means without having to regenerate the packages? (I noticed that the Color Magic tool does not export the package with meshes, so I'm assuming that is not a viable means for this.)

Note: I created the initial package with S4MeshTools.

Thanks!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 8:45 AM
The colour swatch, when used as an image, shows up in S4PE as an _IMG file and can be "replaced" rather than imported. It can use a .dds. I have used DTX5 with no problems, but I've always created with CM and "added" the graphic during export.

You would need to figure out how to add it to the package when it's not already there. You would need the correct instance ID etc...

FifthAce2007

My Sims 2 creations are no longer supported. Regardless of what the individual post says, feel free to clone, recolour, chuck on a bonfire or mix in a blender! Just credit me/this site with the upload, and upload here only, thanks
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 1:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FifthAce2007
The colour swatch, when used as an image, shows up in S4PE as an _IMG file and can be "replaced" rather than imported. It can use a .dds. I have used DTX5 with no problems, but I've always created with CM and "added" the graphic during export.

You would need to figure out how to add it to the package when it's not already there. You would need the correct instance ID etc...

Not to be too needy, but instance ID and what else? I am very new to this.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 2:18 PM
Yecats, have you had a look at the tutorials (and the list of tutorials) in the Create > Tutorials forum? Pretty sure this is covered.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Yecats, have you had a look at the tutorials (and the list of tutorials) in the Create > Tutorials forum? Pretty sure this is covered.

I have indeed, but I may have missed it. I'll take another pass through them. (I believe that all of the tutorials I've been able to find on this have you exporting from Color Magic and did not talk about using s4pe.)