Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 11:11 PM
Default A Way to Make Invited Sims Stay indefinitely
I've looked around at different mods, and I've looked around the forums both here and the maim sims website and haven't found anything close to what I'm looking for. Though I've never created a mod before and this is my first Sims game, I'm willing to try since I have programming and scripting skills and there seems to be enough tutorials out there to guide me.

What I'm trying to do is change the behavior of Sims that are invited to my Sim's lot. From what I've seen, when my Sim is at his residential lot, Sims can either be invited to the lot (phone, by clicking on their name, etc) or they will just randomly show up and knock on the door and I can invite them in. After a set amount of simulated time they always leave with a message akin to "I should go now, Thanks for hanging out with me" and then they disappear off the lot. Sometimes I can stop them by engaging them again, but this is a preset behavior, they want to leave and they will leave. I also know I can invite sims to "stay the night" and they will stay an entire night cycle and eventually leave in the morning.

What I would like to do is remove this timer completely. Basically, once a Sim is invited onto the lot, there is no trigger for them to leave automatically. Thus forcing me to manually do this by "asking them to leave."

In my head, this sounds like it should be an easy thing to accomplish. I'm just not sure where to look or where to begin or perhaps someone has already toyed around with this setting (or an adjacent setting) and knows exactly where to look.

Another, and admitted harder thing, I'd like to see if possible is to make is so that any Sim that comes knocking on my door enters automatically, that way I don't even have to stop what my Sim is doing to invite them in. I'm not sure what makes a Sim come specifically to the door of Sim's lot and knock, but it occurs to me that I've only ever seen Sims that he already has at least an acquaintance with do so. So as long as that's the case, I can deal with that.

To clarify, I do not want to make them part of my household. Also I've tried to use cheats. I tried giving other Sims the "AlwaysWelcome" trait to see if that would make them stay but it does not. I could not find any other cheat to accomplish this.

If anyone has some insight on how I might accomplish this... I'm assuming it's just XML tuning and not a scripting function... that would be great. Thanks