Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Feb 2014 at 10:39 PM
Default '.Package' to '.Obj' for Maya?
I am currently frankenmeshing..or want to. I cant figure out how to change the WHOLE package to a Obj..I CANT use Milkshape (my trial ended)..can you please help?
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 2:21 PM
I am sure you can't turn a package file into a mesh

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
#3 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 12:48 PM
You can export the mesh as a simgeom from the package using s3pe. You'll need to get all 3 LOD's if you want the entire package contents (4 for some items like hair). It helps to identify which geom is which if you use MeshToolKit's package tool to name the files before opening it in s3pe. If you want to generate the morphs you'll need to also extract the bgeos. Once you have all of those, use MeshToolKit to auto generate the .obj files you're looking for.
Another way to go is to open the package in TSRW and export the meshes as WSO's. You can convert WSO's to OBJ with MeshToolKit.