Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 2:00 AM Last edited by SusieCC : 10th Dec 2011 at 3:55 AM.
Apartment Shell Recolouring
Hi, I am a berry sweet simmer who is creating a berry sweet town. I have recoloured all rabbit holes successfully - using the S3OC, S3PE & paint with the dds plug in. They all showed up in game. Now .. I figured in theory i should be able to do the same with appartment shells. I used S3OC to locate the appartment, cloned it -- opened S3PE exported all the image files .. edited them in paint.net using the hue-contrast to change the colours. Saved all the image files .. opened S3PE, then opened the cloned object back up and imported the new images the program put a strike through all the old images and replaced them with mines. I saved it and put it in my mods/packages folder and installed it via granthes custom launcher.. I have done this twice and can't get them to show in the buydebug menu, even though i checked and rechecked the catalog and made sure to tick buydebug. I am at a total loss as to why they won't show up in game . Any help is appreciated.

/*edit -- I didn't know about bumping so yeah sorry about that but someone pleeease help it's driving me crazy!
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 8:28 AM
Do you get your cloned apartment in the game catalog *at all*? Is it actually lurking there but still looking identical to the original?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 11:35 PM Last edited by SusieCC : 13th Dec 2011 at 1:43 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Do you get your cloned apartment in the game catalog *at all*? Is it actually lurking there but still looking identical to the original?

No, it doesn't appear at all ~ thought it was because it was in the debug menu that maybe you have to do it another way -- I've looked in various forums and searched google for any information about recolouring the outside of the appartment shells and I can't find anything.. it's driving me crazy!

Edit* I have tried countless times but nothing ever shows up in game that I recolour -- the rabbit holes show but none of the apartment shells do, and I do it in the exact same way. I am about to give up! I thought it was weird that it hadn't been done already
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Dec 2011 at 9:32 PM
Tried to put the .package into TSRW to change the buydebug thing but didn't freakin' work so I'm guessing that it can't be done cause I've tried every which way but loose (dontsing) -__- help me someone. Please, even if its to say .. dude it can't be done, then at least I can move on.
Test Subject
#5 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 8:54 PM
Have you thought about just building your own custom Apartments if you need help I can help you with what ever you need to know on how to creat you very own custom Apartments I have been building them for my town and if you would like I have a guide that is very easy to follow and you will be very happy if this is not what you want to do Iam sorry for posting on you Thread thank you for your time