Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#226 Old 17th Jan 2012 at 8:16 PM
hopefully, a new alien born would make the game interesting, especially for the genetics.
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#227 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 10:29 PM
I'm tired to play to TS3, I'm back in TS2 I can keep on doing the story of several citizens (many playable families).

I love to control the city a family at once
Test Subject
#228 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 11:14 PM
I had a sim whose wife died while pregnant with his child.

And another sim whose husband and teenage daughter died in a fire. She remarried and then that husband died as well. She was so depressed that I had her run with scissors until she died. O_o

Oh, and I made a family of vampires.

Yeah, that's pretty much it.

Anyway, these ideas are pretty cool. I might try one some time.
Test Subject
#229 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 4:00 PM
Awesome suggestions ! Thanks a lot !
Lab Assistant
#230 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 5:24 PM
I usually play a bunch of different families and keep moving them into better houses. change of scenery does wonders.
Mad Poster
#231 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 8:49 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 26th Feb 2012 at 2:20 PM.
This is something simple but: Instead of marrying two sims of the same age e.g. two adults, marry an adult to an elder or vice versa, e.g. an elder man and an adult woman and vice versa and let it go from there...
Lab Assistant
#232 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 1:30 PM Last edited by worry_faraway : 5th Mar 2012 at 10:38 AM.
I see that everyone is more interested in The Sims 3 now. It's too bad. The Sims 2 is always better.
Running my own business, creating posebox, taking lots of photos are always interesting to me, I've thought that when The Sims 4,5,6 come out, I would still play The Sims 2 :D
Test Subject
#233 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 3:24 PM
If you have OFB and Seasons, you can run a farmer's market with fish and produce. I'm not sure if that's possible, but it's worth a try.
Mad Poster
#234 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 3:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by funkygirl147
If you have OFB and Seasons, you can run a farmer's market with fish and produce. I'm not sure if that's possible, but it's worth a try.

Its possible with these:

http://www.paladins-place.org/Sims_...acilitators.htm
http://www.paladins-place.org/produ...ing-station.htm
http://www.paladins-place.org/fish-packing-station.htm
Lab Assistant
#235 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 8:38 PM
Haha and here I was about to ask , but your post is just BRILLANT!
Thank you ! All those pointers made my day and my Sims 2 better ! I'm gonna try them (the positive one that is ) .

Quote:
Nightlife: Become a vampire! See how it is to live as a creature of the night, never seeing the sun, and going, "Bleh!" all the time!

LOLLL I'm chocking from laughter here HAHA

I'm gonna take a look at the challenge too , just to add more
Haha and I can see I'm not the only one who's a control freak

Quote:
Live off the land!
This works best if you have Seasons for fishing and gardening, but you can use Echo's harvestable crops if you don't have Seasons. Make a family, make a house for them, don't cheat, and have them live off their garden and pond exclusively - no buying groceries, no working outside of the home (though they can do other activities like crafting as long as they stay at home), and children don't go to school. If they get successful enough, you can have them sell off some of their excess produce to other sims in the neighborhood... you can even run the whole neighborhood off the land - all food must be purchased from your farmers!

That's the plan !
Actually I never took a job for my sims (cose I feel bad that one has to take care of the kids on her own ) and the nanny is useless !
But I'm gonna make them vampire , with one is a vampire and the other is not . The one who'sn't will become one when the kid (only 1..well ok maybe 2..no wait make that 3) grow up and leave . So their parent's are immortal vampire lol But the kids are normal .

Thank you for all these tips !
Edited: it broke the page sorry about that I clicked code instead of quote!
Re-Edit: I just want to point that a link doesn't work .
This one
Quote:
There's lots of discussion and more ideas on this play style on this thread.
Mad Poster
#236 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 8:52 AM
Since wolves are from the family of dogs, and dogs some times have a litter up to four, werewolves can have a quads with this mod: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php/topic,18.0.html It is as if the werewolves parents are able to have more than one or two children at a time (note that this mod also works for normal sims, but is great for werewolves).
Top Secret Researcher
#237 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 1:25 PM
Once I got a little bored of my simming, so I decided to make a broken home. I created a family with a Romance mom, a Fortune dad, a Pleasure teen daughter, a kid daughter and a toddler son. Then I made the parents argue a ton, made them furious with eachother, and had the mom start having affairs. Played them from there, and I wasn't bored anymore.
Link Ninja
#238 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 8:09 PM
Some of my adults aged to elders and they are in this big house by themselves while their children are off at college/living on their own. So I had them take up dog breeding, as well as gardening. I ended up playing them for a sim week with all that stuff to do!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Lab Assistant
#239 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 1:40 AM Last edited by candycaneheart : 6th Apr 2012 at 1:44 PM.
I love the idea of a legacy and living off the land. Gonna totally try that! For me, my game is pretty interesting. I have an orphanage, boarding school, insane asylum, hospital, prision and am in the process of making a daycare center. It's really fun, especially the orphanage and insane asylum and hospital. I have a story for each building as well.

Orphanage-Kassie Nelson was orphaned herself at age 17 so she really feels for orphans. She decided to run an orphanage to help any and all orphans find a good home. She has found homes for many of the children and she's ran through her original group of orphans....almost. There are two girls named Brittany Bransfield and Christa Turner who are BFFs and refuse to be seperated. Most of the people looking to adopt however only want one child as they may be low on money or have low child experience and want to start slow. So, this runs as an issue for Brittany and Christa, but yet they still refuse.

Boarding School-Julia Brown is the Headmaster at the school and the teachers are Mr. John Smith (Math), Ms. Samantha Rose (Science) Mrs. Laura Lee (Language Arts) Mr. Kevin Jones (Social Studies and Gym) Ms. Gretchen Anderson (Study Hall) Mr. Kyle Evans (Librarian) and Mrs. Dora Phillips, Ms. Leslie Nelson (unrelated to Kassie Nelson) and Mrs. Heather WIlson (Lunch ladies). They love the kids, but there are these two kids named Ashleigh Marks and Lucas Marks (twins) that are absoloutly horrible. What will happen?

Hospital-There are many nurses and doctors here, but there is a certain Doctor, a Dr. James Mitchell that seems to be falling head over heels for a cancer patient named Britney Baker. With her life slowly slipping away what will happen to these star-crossed lovers? (My fav!)

Prision-There are prisioners and guards here, natrually. But one of the guards, a Ms. Kenzie Williams is starting to wonder what exactly happened with a Ms. Lucy Marks, a teenager who was accused of murdering her parents and her little brother and sent to life in prision. But was it really Lucy? Or is the real killer still on the loose?

Insane Asylum: The Sane family, a Mr. Issac Sane, Mrs. Jane Sane and their little child aged daughter Carly Sane run the asylum. The Insane are moaning and freaking out in their cells, except one girl. That girl is Tanya Larkson whom Carly has sectretly befriended. What exactly happened to Tanya and why is she in the Asylum? Carly is determined to find out

I don't have a story planned out for the Daycare yet....sorry.
Lab Assistant
#240 Old 6th May 2012 at 3:36 PM
I'm also trying my first home buisness! I was never really a fan of the idea, but I decided to try it. My furniture store reached level 1 in a day! That may not seem impressive, but considering this is my first buisness, I decided to try it.

Call me Britt, an amateur ToTer
Forum Resident
#241 Old 6th May 2012 at 4:23 PM
Struggling with debt/not earning enough money. I'm spending one household wondering how much rent my sim's going to miss, how many bills are going to be late, what the repo man's going to take when she gets her last warning, and whether I'm going to have to evict her for a cheaper apartment. This has largely come about due to various mods: lower wages, NPC careers, higher/more frequent bills, limited careers (both in what level a sim can get promoted to without having the want to get promoted and what careers they can get a job in).

It makes me feel a lot more accomplished when I have an actual rich sim because they've achieved it through hard work.

Angelos Town Prosperity updated 11th June 2012. | Albion Falls BACC updated 25th April 2011.

Watch my Livesimming Channel -- 17th June 6PM GMT (2PM EST) Cresdale: Rules and Regulations (Part 2)
Test Subject
#242 Old 28th May 2012 at 1:40 AM
Thanks so much for this informative thread! I'm going to try a few of these for sure.
Test Subject
#243 Old 10th Jun 2012 at 6:18 PM
Im currently doing a fallout nehigborhoud! ONe family survived the apocalypse and the rest are fending for thier lives killin anyone who ets into them! It keeps me occupied and I love doing it practailly everyday! Ill upload the neighborhood soon!
Field Researcher
#244 Old 20th Jun 2012 at 1:16 PM
Make a country club that only lets playables in.
Mad Poster
#245 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 1:49 AM
I had never played the apartment hood, and I have some interesting mods, so I managed to have everyone from the bin and the hood move into one house. No one got a job unless they already had one, but I cheated to build a house to accomodate everyone. They starting killing themselves off, which isn't easy as a few of them would autonomously fix meals for everyone. And since I have ACR they were cheating/fighting/makeing babies; lots of crying and stench - and not just the babies! Pretty interesting. Hay, sounds like a challenge!...?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Test Subject
#246 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 8:11 AM
Recently i tried going back and recreating original sims 1 and 2 families and there neighborhoods(houses and all) right from the beginning of the family tree, FYI the curious/smith families tree's from strangetown will keep you scratching your head for quite some time XD
Instructor
#247 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 1:30 PM
The main change I've made in my game is embracing debt. I've downloaded the mortgage Shrubs from Simbology so if my sims run out of money they can get a loan (which of course puts them in debt) and now the average funds of my families is $8000 as opposed to $999999999. They also have to pay school fees, bills, buy groceries and fix up their houses. They are only allowed to get jobs if they roll a want for one, and this is basically the only thing that keeps them on their feet. I'm not saying that all my sims are poor (though some are), they just take out a lot of loans and often get into debt. I like it this way because it's more realistic. I've also decided to start playing with aliens (never have!) so it should get interesting.
Top Secret Researcher
#248 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 7:22 PM
When I get in a rut, I try something radically different from my normal play - usually some sort of challenge (ISBI, Apocalypse, etc.).
Test Subject
#249 Old 17th Aug 2012 at 2:43 PM
My game got boring because I got into the habit of using the anti-aging cheats to avoid the trauma of losing the Sims I had got most attached to (ie Mortimer Goth, of whom I had become somewhat over-fond over many years of playing The Sims!). I am now trying to wean myself off using the cheats, or the Elixir of Life, and letting my families evolve a little more naturally.

I am also attempting my own version of some of the Challenges out there, and am currently playing several Neanderthalesque families, for whom I do not use any cheats at all.
I have also started playing all my neighbourhoods and families in strict rotation, which helps to make things a little more interesting.

I have picked up so many great ideas from MTS over the last year or so, but have only just joined. It is always full of tips and inspirations that help me to keep the game fun!
Top Secret Researcher
#250 Old 17th Aug 2012 at 4:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SallyJane
My game got boring because I got into the habit of using the anti-aging cheats to avoid the trauma of losing the Sims I had got most attached to (ie Mortimer Goth, of whom I had become somewhat over-fond over many years of playing The Sims!). I am now trying to wean myself off using the cheats, or the Elixir of Life, and letting my families evolve a little more naturally.

I am also attempting my own version of some of the Challenges out there, and am currently playing several Neanderthalesque families, for whom I do not use any cheats at all.
I have also started playing all my neighbourhoods and families in strict rotation, which helps to make things a little more interesting.

I have picked up so many great ideas from MTS over the last year or so, but have only just joined. It is always full of tips and inspirations that help me to keep the game fun!

I've never been one to turn aging cheats off but I like it that way because its just like real life. Generations later you can look back at the family tree and see and remember the fond memories of them. I'm also really into genetics so its pretty cool when a sim is born with a trait from grandparents and whatnot :D
Page 10 of 17