Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jan 2017 at 7:32 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life
Default Would digital download from Gamestop work with Steam?
I have a bunch of gamestop giftcards and I want to buy Dragon Valley. The gamestop site said it's a digital download and origin is required. But does anyone know if I would be able to get it on steam? Maybe it would give a key that I could put into the launcher or something? Has anyone done this before? I don't play on origin, I ONLY play on steam.

Icon made by me!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 3rd Jan 2017 at 9:32 PM
as far as I know Steam purchases are valid for Origin access but not otherwise.

You always may try to ask on Steam helpdesk, though.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jan 2017 at 2:37 AM
That sucks. I've been trying on Steam Helpdesk or whatever, but it says it can't help with TS3 and suggests I contact EA.

Icon made by me!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 4th Jan 2017 at 8:30 AM
Are you certain that the download is really coming from GameStop? What most (all?) of these resellers are doing now is providing a code that then gets redeemed on Origin or the TS3 store. You might need Origin to redeem the code for an EA world, but the install itself would still come from the store site. It's not like installing an EP/SP, worlds aren't installed directly through Origin.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Jan 2017 at 9:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Are you certain that the download is really coming from GameStop? What most (all?) of these resellers are doing now is providing a code that then gets redeemed on Origin or the TS3 store. You might need Origin to redeem the code for an EA world, but the install itself would still come from the store site. It's not like installing an EP/SP, worlds aren't installed directly through Origin.

I was kind of thinking since it's a world it would go through the store site to the launcher, but the fact that the site said, "Origin required" made me nervous. I guess I'll give it a shot!

Icon made by me!
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 6th Jan 2017 at 4:59 AM
Dragon valley is one of the worlds that you buy with cash instead of simpoints. To do that you are directed to Origin from the TS3 store. The way it used to work is: If you have a code, you enter that in Origin, instead of payment info, and you are given a different (store) code. You then go back to the store site and enter the code, which unlocks the world and makes it available in your purchase history.

It may still work like that. To be sure you can post in TS3 general discussion at MTS and ask if anyone has recent history with purchasing a world through Origin. Good luck.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Mad Poster
#7 Old 6th Jan 2017 at 6:12 AM
@attuned - That's exactly the way it worked when I purchased Roaring Heights, another cash world, through Origin a few months ago. I haven't heard that anything has changed since then.