Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 9:48 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night
Default Chance language
Is there a possibility to chance the language in Sims-2 while starting the game.
for example two persons who have there own motherlanguage using the same game, like Dutch and Polish. And selecting by start-up.

I don't really want to split up my disk and install two versions of windows.

regards
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 5:56 PM
this sort of question does not belong here; move it to a different forum, I believe the Game Help one.

ENTJ
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 8:34 AM
Users cannot move their own threads, so I moved it myself.

If you're familiar with working with the registry, it may be possible to change your game language in a easy, configurable way.

Messing with the registry can mess up your game and your computer so do not do this if you aren't willing to deal with that (small, but very real) risk.

Start > Run > Regedit
Look in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Electronic Arts > EA Core > Installed Games. There are sims3 entries there (3 of them in my case) that, when you look at them, have "name" set to "en-us" for me. It's probably set to something different for you. I'm not sure what the settings are for the languages you want - maybe someone else can offer some help with that.

But if you export these registry values, you can make them into double-clickable files you put on your computer's Desktop or whatnot. Keep one set to change it to Polish, and another set to change it to Dutch - make sure to double-click the files before running and I -think- your game's language should change.

I could be completely, 100% entirely wrong about this though, but someone else is welcome to correct me if I'm wrong.