Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

'Let Kids Be Kids' - Lifespan and School Vacation Mods

by Phaenoh Posted 1st Jan 2013 at 2:00 AM - Updated 5th Jul 2014 at 1:52 PM by HugeLunatic

212 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 116 Feedback Posts, 95 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 9
Test Subject
#151 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 9:14 PM
Can you do a summer vacation mod without seasons? I don't have it and I probably won't be able to get it. thanks for considering!
Lab Assistant
#152 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 5:43 PM
I love your downloads and awhile ago i tried to download this. When it didn't work, I ended up deleting it, that was before I knew that u had to extract rar files too. Just a tip if it doesn't work. Also try compressing files.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#153 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 6:09 PM
Thank you :)
Test Subject
#154 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 6:56 PM
Thanks a lot
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#155 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 6:35 PM
This will make me enjoy Summer a bit more, considering how I prefer Winter much more and how I am somewhat child-oriented in the game. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#156 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 2:55 PM
nice...but I wish teenager will last longer..
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#157 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 9:28 PM
I have the Ultimate Edition installed and this is working well with it. Enjoying it so much and loving the summer vacation! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#158 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 5:33 PM
Thanks alot, this mod is amazing.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#159 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 8:13 PM
Everything works as expected, thanks! The first time I loaded this game with a child in school, I got the message telling me my child lost a grade by missing school even though the bus never came. After that, no other problems occurred.

Will this clash or cause problems with Inge Jones' school changer?
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#160 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 12:38 AM
I don't think this should cause any problems with that, it's simply a default override.
Test Subject
#161 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 3:25 AM
This sounds like a totally awesome mod and definitely one I will enjoy if it works, which leads me into my one question...other than you mentioning the possibility of running into weird things toward the tail end of the Adult lifespan and the summer mod having to load after, these won't run into any sort of issues or conflicts with the inTeenimator mod? This is something I really want, but I don't want to have to give up inTeen to use ^^'
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#162 Old 29th Dec 2014 at 6:15 PM
Thanks i really would like this mod.............IF THERE WHERE A ESIER WAY TO DOWNLOAD IT.............I CANT GET IT RRRAAAAGGGGEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#163 Old 20th Jan 2015 at 6:39 PM
cool
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#164 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 7:28 PM
i really like your work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#165 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 11:16 PM
thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#166 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 6:53 PM Last edited by dominatorex : 6th Mar 2015 at 3:08 PM.
Summer season extended to infinite ( weather mod hack ) + your mod - pure awesomness (aging disabled for my teen btw) lol
My sims are enjoying so much that`s almost criminal xD
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#167 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 10:54 PM
thanks for the mod! And where can I find that "adorable nursery"?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#168 Old 20th Mar 2015 at 7:57 PM
hello i am beginner in this of the mods and would like to know how you edit or create this type of mod, package, mod overall please help me wanted to create a mod for holidays that are not in the Sims 2 such how come halloween, easter, Carnival even this mod the player could also create its own festive day good nights afternoon and days.
Test Subject
#169 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 11:02 PM
No more strange & unreasonable lifespan ! Thank you !
Quote:
I installed both and ran the HCDU routinely. It detected a possible conflict between the Vacation mod and J.M.Pescados "Unofficial AL Patch".

That happened to me too. I don't know if it helps but here's the report:

Adding "zz_" or "ZZ_" didn't change anything.
The " NoBV " version don't seem to conflict. Is it safe to use it with all EP & SP installed ?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#170 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 2:08 PM
This is an amazing addition to my game!!!! Thank you soooo much!!! However I noticed after about day 3 in sim days that they were not aging....not sure why? if anyone had this problem and fixed it please share with with me how you fixed it! Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#171 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 12:41 AM
I just think this adds a lot of immersion to the game! Thanks!
Test Subject
#172 Old 4th May 2015 at 12:00 PM
Need Seasons
Quote: Originally posted by ElenaCarin
Can you do a summer vacation mod without seasons? I don't have it and I probably won't be able to get it. thanks for considering!

Dear ElenaCarin, sorry for the late replies but you need seasons for summer vacation school mod. If you don't have any, you might need to download a mod from Simlogical. It is school mod.. There are 3 type of school, one boarding school (your sims will be not at home from monday morning until friday evening), one preps school (there will be no homework when your sims reach her/his home) and one is home schooled. You need to download school changer mod and home homework object (so your sims will never slipped his/her grade). But if the modder post a summer vacation mod for no season, it might no school forever... Thank you!
My answers is satisfiying?
Scholar
THANKS POST
#173 Old 9th May 2015 at 1:58 PM
I love your summer vacation mod! It's such a great idea. Now my kids can enjoy this time of the year :D
Test Subject
#174 Old 22nd May 2015 at 6:21 AM Last edited by marinka512 : 14th Feb 2016 at 8:35 PM. Reason: issue?
Default Multiple Pop-ups and Pet Ages Question
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
I didn't know about the child in school message, and I don't really know how to fix that, and I did notice the redundant pop up messages when the car pools show up in my own testing and again, not sure how to fix that yet. Everything is normal, enjoy the mod in your game!

Thank you so much for these mods!! Testing in my neighborhood right now with the Pleasants. I noticed multiple pop up messages-- is there a solution to that issue now? Or a way to NOT get the messages at all? I got them 4-5 times in one day. Multiple times since I have 4 kids in the HH right now.

Super excited about the Lifespan Mod, btw. I like that my kiddos get more days and teens less -- 15 days is just too many for most of my teens (and YA is an extension of that for me... sort of!). I've tried other mods (like the idea of Hat's Proportional/ Gestational Mod but that's waaaaay too much time for most families!) but yours is exactly what I've been looking for. Thanks again!!

Edit: 2/14/16 I noticed my pets age oddly... Got 2 puppies and they aged in ONE day, even though their aging meter was completely empty. Does this mod affect pets? (I don't think I have any others installed that would. :/ )
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#175 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 1:49 PM
amazing
Page 7 of 9