Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#526 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 1:53 AM
@AndrewGloria are you using FastStone to convert? If not go grab it, it does a bunch in about 5 seconds.

Busy today guys, but I will try and update the table tonight.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Instructor
#527 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 2:11 AM
@joandsarah77

In the Grunt-like house, can I add a four-click high wall between the first floor and the roof or is that breaking the rules?

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#528 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 7:13 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 10th Aug 2018 at 9:03 AM.
You can change roofs and add as many stories as you like, so yes. It's only the original outside shell that isn't to be demolished.

Table updated.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#529 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 3:29 PM Last edited by Aysarth : 11th Aug 2018 at 9:59 AM.
Default Round 4 Entry - The Singles
"HOW MUCH???" exclaimed Chloe,before Lola pinched her arm to keep her quiet.
"That will do fine" said Kirsten firmly. "Now,where do we sign?"
So, with a refurbishment budget that was surely down to a computer glitch, the girls took possession of their new home. Even with their memory loss, they could work out that they weren't all sisters - well, maybe two of them were. It made sense to think that they were just room mates, a temporary household that would be broken up when one or more of them moved on to live her own life.The budget available meant that they could afford substantial building works, so they built with an eye to the future. With just a little structural alteration, their new home could be converted into an apartment block, which would mean that one girl could sell up and move without disturbing the others. For now though, it's still one dwelling though each girl decorated her own floor to her own tastes and interests.

The girls had heard that one family had already got away with an oasis theme as desert compatible landscaping, so with money no object they went for oasis max - and fun max too.They intend to spend a lot of time outside, after all.

N.B. This is a big lot and I have posted a lot of pictures. Let me know within 24 hours (holiday) if you need some removed and I will take down some of the detailed plans.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#530 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 5:50 AM
@Aysarth Anybody else

Seeing I gave 15 on Beaker's (3 extra for the extra story) I will give each story built an extra 3 side pictures- how does that sound?

Also, does everybody have enough time? A few more days is fine so long as things don't drag on too long.

Everybody. Since you can pick any lot you want this last round, can you supply a picture of the original lot you made over?

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#531 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 10:01 AM
Okay I have edited my entry to include a basement and the original house, and reduced the close-in top downs to 6, as I have 12 Sim's eye view pics. Hopefully that will do it.

See you all when I comeback.
Field Researcher
#532 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 6:04 PM
I think I'm happy with my house now, but I'm going to leave it overnight and take a last look at it with fresh eyes tomorrow before I do pictures. I see no reason why I shouldn't be done by the deadline, though.

♫Cuz I don't have a home in this life, I have to roam. Got nowhere to lay my head, so I'll follow you instead, and set my gaze on the place I'm going to. Til then I'm homeless, but I'll roam with you...♫

My Simblr: http://natteryaktoad.tumblr.com
Instructor
#533 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 6:12 PM
I think I will finish my house until the deadline, although I wouldn't mind an extra day or two.

Mad Poster
#534 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 7:06 PM
Good luck with the building,everyone - I will be drinking
Have a shooter l to give you strength - or just have one for fun!
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#535 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 8:28 PM
I'll be really tight to be done on time thanks to being sick this week, so I'd definitely appreciate a few extra days. I understand if it's not possible though
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#536 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 9:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Have a shooter l to give you strength - or just have one for fun!

What is in those shots? Looks like salsa!

Here's some absinthe for everyone:

One lump or two?

And a non-alcoholic version for those who don't drink:

I've no idea what's in that- green fanta maybe?
Screenshots
Space Pony
#537 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 10:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
green fanta maybe?

Hmmm.. yes... it may

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Instructor
#538 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 11:00 PM
It wouldn't really feel like an unlimited budget round if I didn't spend 100k on the exterior. It just wouldn't feel right.

Mad Poster
#539 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 11:06 PM
Strangetown shooters everyone

The shooter has oysters, cayenne pepper and tequila in it, I suspect
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#540 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by randomlyyellstuff
I'll be really tight to be done on time thanks to being sick this week, so I'd definitely appreciate a few extra days. I understand if it's not possible though

Dons silly hat: No, that's easily done. I say it and it happens. *blows smoke off pistol* darn I like that power.

Dons sensible hat: So in the normal way of things contests are supposed to run about 3 months. The word being 'about'. I posted 12 may and it's now 12 August (over here it is anyway) But one contest even ran as long as 5 months due to extended hold-ups. 5 months really is too long, but a handful of days is not.

I added 8 days to the last clock as I had lost count of how many days had been given before I got scores up. I will add on 4 more (12 days after scores seems ample) Not to the clock as I dislike setting that thing <_< I will just say so underneath the clock +4 more days.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#541 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 11:16 PM
Get well soon, @randomlyyellatstuff - looking forward to your entry
Mad Poster
#542 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 12:42 AM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 12th Aug 2018 at 1:04 AM. Reason: Typos!
Default Round 3 Play-along (very very late!) - The Curious Brothers - 1 Tesla Court
Pascal, Vidcund and Lazlo could hardly believe the size and sheer spaciousness of the house they were allocated by the Town Council. The Council had to give them a grant of over §43,000 to enable them to purchase the property without eating into their own resources. In making over this house (nay!, rather a castle) they tried to keep some of the character of the building, while making it much brighter and more to their own modern, not to say eccentric, tastes. The telescope viewing platform and accompanying tower, built on the roof, was their own special addition. Here Lazlo is trying out the telescope while, far below him, Pascal is teaching Titus to walk and Vidcund is holding baby Andromeda.

Recent Developments
After a few days in the house, the brothers have made a few minor improvements, which cannot really count for the play-along as they would put the house over budget. First Lazlo has bought himself an absorbent bath mat to soak up all the water he spills in the shower. Secondly, in anticipation of Andromeda growing up to a toddler, Vidcund has bought her a proper crib, and moved the pram downstairs so she doesn't end up lying on the floor. And finally the brothers have bought a chess table for the "miscellaneous" area, and moved the Moneywell computer and its desk to make room for it.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#543 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 11:32 AM
More tequila oyster shooters - this time for @AndrewGloria - for that outside build
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#544 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 1:41 PM
Thank you for the extension Jo! And thanks for the wishes justpetro I'm making good progress with my entry today and have a good chunk of time to work on it tomorrow too. I'm so excited to finish and share it!
Field Researcher
#545 Old 14th Aug 2018 at 5:06 PM
Default Round 4: Singles (101 Road to Nowhere)

For round 4, I chose the Smith house (101 Road to Nowhere), made over for the Singles.

A few things to note:

Kristen's room has a sofa bed instead of a proper bed so she can fold it away during the day and have more room for her excercises. She says it's a sacrifice she's willing to make (and actually the sofa bed in question has the same energy/comfort rating as one of the Ikea beds - I can't remember which).

The trampoline beside the pool is another of Kristen's ideas. In real life, she would use it to bounce into the pool instead of dive. In game, she can't actually do that, but neither is she in danger of falling into the pool when bouncing right next to it.

♫Cuz I don't have a home in this life, I have to roam. Got nowhere to lay my head, so I'll follow you instead, and set my gaze on the place I'm going to. Til then I'm homeless, but I'll roam with you...♫

My Simblr: http://natteryaktoad.tumblr.com
Mad Poster
#546 Old 15th Aug 2018 at 5:00 PM
And a drink for @natteryaktoad is ready after that effort Looking good.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#547 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 5:31 PM
Round Four Entry: 101 Road to Nowhere - Curious

Quote:
The Curious Brothers
This scientific family consists of three adult brothers; Pascal, Vidcund and Lazlo.
Requirements
Each brother should have his own bedroom with a nursery ready for Pascal's coming alien baby.
Bios
No matter what happens, Pascal believes there is a logical explanation for everything. In his free time, he practices home psychoanalysis and collects conspiracy theories.
Serious and exact, Vidcund strives to fit the universe into a nice tidy package. He has an unnatural fondness for African violets.
Not as studious as his older brothers, Lazlo got his degree in Phrenology. He likes to call phone psychics and spends hours trying to bend forks with his mind.

This lot, originally belonging to the Smith's, has become home to the Curious brothers. I had a lot of fun making a house that was really different from the original. A photo of the original house is attached below (from the SimsWikia, as I had already begun when Jo asked). No walls of the original foundation, ground, or first floors were changed. The greenhouse walls are made of windows rather than the in-game walls.

There are phones on all floors, a burglar alarm by the front door, and the extractor over the hob functions as a fire alarm.

I had to do some work this round to reconcile my headcanons for the boys with their actual in-game biographies. I like bringing in some of the later game supernatural elements to their family. Pascal remains a conspiracy theorist obsessed with aliens, but also a major gamer. Lazlo is also a gamer, fairly laid back, and still enjoys interacting with both phone and TV psychics. In my game, he's also a warlock. Vidcund remains the most serious of the three, but is also a werewolf. All three enjoy seeing what the rest of Strangetown thinks of supernatural beings, and laughing at the things they/movies & TV get wrong.

On to the more detailed tour...

I had about twenty pictures for this round, and could have taken more! Very hard to whittle down to twelve but I got there in the end
Thanks Jo, judges, and contestants for a fun contest! I'm looking forward to seeing the results of this round. And another thanks to Jo for extending the time on this round, as I would have been super late otherwise.
Instructor
#548 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 7:33 PM
I will take pictures later tonight and then post my final entry

Mad Poster
#549 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 8:34 PM
Some scientific cocktails with compliments from the Curious boys Pick first, @randomlyyellstuff
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#550 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 9:27 PM Last edited by randomlyyellstuff : 16th Aug 2018 at 10:36 PM.
Too much time in a lab has taught me not to drink out of a conical flask, so I think I'll go for the yellow smoking one because the star stirring stick is super cute

Page 22 of 25