Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Feenkitty
I'm excited about Spore!

But to be on topic, I think they're planning spring '09, but I wouldn't be surprised if it gets pushed to fall '09. Games get pushed back a lot. I don't think we'll be hearing a release date 'til about 6 months before the release. So at the earliest this fall they might give us a release date. I'm in no rush. Like Faith, I'd rather not have the bugs.

I agree. Besides the bugs, I want them to get as much in the game as possible so hopefully some EPs can be avoided (like Seasons could have been with TS2 had they waited to fix the weather bug).

Fall 09 would be ideal.

Though I admit I want a far away release date so the game is as good as can be, I also wouldn't mind some screenshots and teaser videos to come long before the game comes out.
Advertisement
#27 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 7:59 PM
I think there will be plenty of screenshots and teaser videos. Really, that's already started with the magazine. Also the website will be launched next week!
Mad Poster
#28 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 8:06 PM
Only 7 more days for the site to be launched officially. So we shall see if a date will be provided.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 10:36 PM
If its not coming out for a WHOLE year, why put a site up now? And publish two magazine articles about it? Its being shown an awful lot for it to be coming out a whole year later. Everyone would have forgotton about it!
Most game sites are up at the most a few months before, maybe as much as half a year but I highly doubt a whole year and a bit. I know the sims is BIG, and has a huge fanbase. But seriously, a whole year in advance?! does anyone really care enough to stay stuck on that page for a whole year?
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 10:50 PM
5 YEARS?! wow. Thats totally blown my idea out of the window.
AH. But was the spore website up for 5 years?
Is the internet even 5 years old? I can barely remember what happend yesterday.
#31 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 10:57 PM
Hehe, I've been on the interenet since 1998...
But yeah, the Spore webesite has been up for a few years. It's never had much info though. They just announced the release date on Feb 12. It's going to be out Sept 7th.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 11:04 PM
Ergh. Thats not good. I really can't wait to get done with the sims 2. I still love it, but im ready for something more indepth, more engaging. Im in a constant loop of meshing at the minute. I dont even play it anymore. merh.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 7:01 AM
Sentate, the Internet is a lot older than you think. It was released to the public in 1992 but was out before that.
Test Subject
#34 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 1:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lissielu
I agree. Besides the bugs, I want them to get as much in the game as possible so hopefully some EPs can be avoided (like Seasons could have been with TS2 had they waited to fix the weather bug).

Fall 09 would be ideal.

Though I admit I want a far away release date so the game is as good as can be, I also wouldn't mind some screenshots and teaser videos to come long before the game comes out.

I'M GONNA BE A SOPHMORE BEFORE TS3 COMES OUT!!!! *shoots self* I'm in 8th grade, that seems forever away!!!!
#35 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 1:53 AM
Aww.. time was so much slower then. It seems like time is just flying by since i turned 20. Wow... that was 5 years ago. Looks like TS3 is just around the corner. I better watch out or it might just fly right by.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 2:42 AM
I also wonder if we are still going to get pre-order items this time. I hope not because then they end up for free later on and it's just pointless to create them.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The_Oceanborn
I really hope it won't come before spring 09. December would be too early. Do you know when maxis started announcing TS2? How long time before?

The average for each expansion is about 6 months. It was 11 months from the last Sims 1 expansion pack to the Sims 2. If the same time frame is kept for the Sims 3, we would see it in January. However the only dates I have seen are this Dec., and Mar. 09. Whatever, I look for them to come out with a December release date, and then push it back to March of 09 if they have to many bugs.

The Sims came out February 4, 2000.

6 months
Livin' Large, August 2000

7 months
House Party, March 2001

8 months
Hot Date, November 2001

4 Months
Vacation, March 2002

6 Months
Unleashed, September 2002

8 Months
Superstar, May 2003

5 Months
Makin' Magic, October 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------

11 Months
The Sims 2 September 14, 2004

6 months
University March 1, 2005

6 Months
Nightlife September 13, 2005

6 Months
Open for Business March 2, 2006

7 Months
Pets October 17, 2006

5 Months
Seasons March 1, 2007

6 Months
Bon Voyage September 4, 2007

5 Months
FreeTime February 26, 2008
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 6:09 PM
Its apparent release was meant to be between April 2008 - April 2009.
Page 2 of 2