Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#6276 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 1:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
I agree. It's like okay, does he enjoy baiting people and then blocking them? If that's the case, then what does that say about him as a person. I find it very troubling that EA doesn't crack down on him. Yes, it's his personal account, but he's bringing work into it on his own, when he shouldn't. Someone like SimGuru Drake should tell that it's not okay what he's doing and that he's upsetting players that haven't done anything to him to warrant blocking.

I say if you don't want trouble in your life, stop inviting it in. He's creating a bit of a PR nightmare and he brought it all on himself.

I agree. I only found out yesterday he blocked me. I have never tweeted him. (Or any of the Gurus) It’s obvious from my account I’m a Simmer so I think he just blocks anyone with that association.
Advertisement
Scholar
#6277 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 1:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Goldbear
I agree. I only found out yesterday he blocked me. I have never tweeted him. (Or any of the Gurus) It’s obvious from my account I’m a Simmer so I think he just blocks anyone with that association.

He evidently does, but then he should either make his account private, or else stop tweeting about the Sims. I think he must be clueless as to how rude his behavior comes across. I also don't care for the vibe he puts off in streams. He does not come across as a people person. I'd love to see how he'd be working in a service position, like retail. He wouldn't last one day, I bet. Speaking from several years of experience in retail sales, there's no way I'd hire him to represent my store.
Mad Poster
#6278 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 1:46 PM
I do wonder If EA will still manage to thrive through the years with an upcoming fifth expansion pack. Will they manage to keep the franchise alive with the heavily request comeback - Seasons, as the upcoming one - or will that make a decision for half of the majority players to stop purchasing as that would make their collection of TS4 experience "complete". Or will they put on hold after other upcoming packs which also as a dilemma to being able to keep the fan base well-nourished because it would be a big gamble to try something new that isn't gonna do well on pleasing the fanbase? Either way, their content is still gonna stick out with controversy over shitty quality they put their sweaty hands in I'm really looking forward to TS4 to be eliminated a slowly but painful from my own sadistic pleasure death
Mad Poster
#6279 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
I agree. It's like okay, does he enjoy baiting people and then blocking them? If that's the case, then what does that say about him as a person. I find it very troubling that EA doesn't crack down on him. Yes, it's his personal account, but he's bringing work into it on his own, when he shouldn't. Someone like SimGuru Drake should tell that it's not okay what he's doing and that he's upsetting players that haven't done anything to him to warrant blocking.

If you've seen some of the things I've said on the official forum that got me warnings for "Casting Aspersions" towards the gurus, you'd know Drake is probably the last one to crack down on any of them for anything. She probably thinks the shit Grant does is cute.

*Sigh* These are the people in charge of the Sims now -___-

Quote:
I say if you don't want trouble in your life, stop inviting it in. He's creating a bit of a PR nightmare and he brought it all on himself.

Have we learned nothing from Battlefront? EA thrives off of bad PR. They love it, for some reason.

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6280 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 12:02 PM
Not only is he rude, he’s not funny. His humor doesn’t translate into the game well at all. Raccoon suits? A talking toilet? He doesn’t appear to have a solid vision or grasp of what he’s trying to sell, even after having worked on the series for so long.

Compared to someone like Graham who gets it. Grant emphasized their shortcoming during city living, boasting about a city Sims could not touch, insulting everyone who asked for actual features (alongside other employees about other features). Graham emphasized trying to do the most with the least, petting dryer being a death trap and adding as much gameplay into a stuff pack as possible (though, the stuff pack team don’t always nail it).

The two are night and day, and definitely need to switch, but imagine Grant’s stuff packs.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Instructor
#6281 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 3:26 PM
I don't think I've been to these forums since last May... I hate to say it, but it doesn't seem like I missed too much.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Test Subject
#6282 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 10:23 PM
Who was the Sim Guru that said on stream they didn't want pet houses in TS4 because they think it's animal abuse?
Mad Poster
#6283 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 10:34 PM
Grant maybe?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6284 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 10:36 PM
Definately Grant.

Mad Poster
#6285 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 10:42 PM
That kind of douchery is literally only something Grant would say

Scholar
#6286 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 12:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
That kind of douchery is literally only something Grant would say

It was Grant.
Field Researcher
#6287 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 7:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by glad971
Who was the Sim Guru that said on stream they didn't want pet houses in TS4 because they think it's animal abuse?

It was Grant.

Dog houses are cruel and you are a bad pet owner was the comment I think,

But dressing your pet up in a taco outfit with a unicorn horn is...
dodgy builder
#6288 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 10:29 AM
If you live in Florida, the inside of your house is probably only for hurricanes and sleeping. How can a pethouse outside be animal cruelty? You have your chair and the pet has it's house, equality I would say.
Test Subject
#6289 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 11:22 AM
Thanks for the answer. To be honest, I'm between 3 choices :

1) If they didn't had the budget (as the pet beds look like garbage) to do pet houses, just say it instead of finding stupid excuses.
2) What if it's not an excuse and he really believes this, what I said in 1) is fucked up, then.
3) If it's not an excuse : Is this really okay to have such a personal specific belief (that only 1 dev has) be in such a huge game?

It's 1), isn't it...
Field Researcher
#6290 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 11:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by glad971
Thanks for the answer. To be honest, I'm between 3 choices :

1) If they didn't had the budget (as the pet beds look like garbage) to do pet houses, just say it instead of finding stupid excuses.
2) What if it's not an excuse and he really believes this, what I said in 1) is fucked up, then.
3) If it's not an excuse : Is this really okay to have such a personal specific belief (that only 1 dev has) be in such a huge game?

It's 1), isn't it...

I think it's mostly 1 with a hint of 3. They push personal agendas In the game quite a bit. Look at no burglars, no repo men and a gender update that a lot of people were upset to have in their game.

Grant also said in the same stream in response to why there are no three legged pets was because it was depressing. He then went on to add that it was to do with animation restrictions, why not just say the latter? Calling it depressing was unnecessary the same way criticising people who use dog houses. I don't use one in real life as my climate is far too cold but not everyone has that joy. It was a stupid thing for him to say. His personal beliefs should not be coming into it. But in streams they do.
Instructor
#6291 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 4:42 PM
I think it's mostly 1 with a hint of 3. They push personal agendas In the game quite a bit. Look at no burglars, no repo men and a gender update that a lot of people were upset to have in their game.

Grant also said in the same stream in response to why there are no three legged pets was because it was depressing. He then went on to add that it was to do with animation restrictions, why not just say the latter? Calling it depressing was unnecessary the same way criticising people who use dog houses. I don't use one in real life as my climate is far too cold but not everyone has that joy. It was a stupid thing for him to say. His personal beliefs should not be coming into it. But in streams they do.

That really comes across as being unprofessional. How about just sticking with talking about the game and not what his opinion about things are. Pretty much everyone has an opinion about things, but in a job, you don't say to a client what your negative opinions of some things people do.

(Hope those sentences made sense, I have a bad cold atm, my head is only half functioning.)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6292 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 5:04 PM
The EP team always misuses the budget. To admit that would be too much of an ego killer. The fan base is adults. We can quite easily understand what a budget is. However, the EP seems to focus on miniscule, light additions than anything of value.

They could have cut basketball, festivals, traffic, and the talking toilet and focused on enhancing apartments living/building, mixed with different kinds of people who reside in the apartments, with regards to art, culture, food, fashion, class, etc.

Mad Poster
#6293 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 5:11 PM

In defense of the gender update:

1. They made it very clear from the get go that you wouldn't see any transgendered sims in your game unless you made them yourself. It's not like they forced it on people.

and

2. It's helped me make some very...interesting looking sims

Honestly, removing the gender restrictions on clothes and hair styles was one of the best updates they've given us.

Mad Poster
#6294 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 5:21 PM
I was about to say the same thing about gender patch. As from what I observe, it's quite opposite: many LOVED the gender patch. It was adored a lot from the fanbase. Only one or two people that hated it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6295 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 5:30 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 8th Feb 2018 at 7:10 PM.
One or two? Ahahahahaha

The transphobes came all out of the woodwork. It was great to have Sims wear whatever. Especially make up and hair.

Mad Poster
#6296 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 5:46 PM
One was homophobic, other claimed to experience a bug issue that townies generated in transgender fashion even though the customizations options of its weren't touched.
Instructor
#6297 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 6:29 PM
Grant also said in the same stream in response to why there are no three legged pets was because it was depressing. He then went on to add that it was to do with animation restrictions, why not just say the latter?

That is really sad. I had a three-legged cat (rest in peace, my sweet one :lovestruc) who moved so fast you never knew he was missing a leg. He was the most adventurous fellow, he adored heights and loved leaping off of tables and bookcases. Nothing ever slowed him down. Now I have a blind cat who zooms through the house so gracefully that you'd never even think she was blind until you looked at where her eyes should be (one was surgically removed). I have never found either of my beloved kits to be anything other than inspiring.

I understand why they don't put such things in TS4, but come on...
"If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it." ~Mary Engelbreit

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Field Researcher
#6298 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
In defense of the gender update:

1. They made it very clear from the get go that you wouldn't see any transgendered sims in your game unless you made them yourself. It's not like they forced it on people.

and

2. It's helped me make some very...interesting looking sims

Honestly, removing the gender restrictions on clothes and hair styles was one of the best updates they've given us.

Oh I like it! I think it’s great and being able to use any item of clothing on sim is great but I remember the uproar on the official forums because EA had the audacity to implement it before toddlers.
Field Researcher
#6299 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thevogel
Paradox does have a Sims thread on their forum. I've contributed to it a few times as of late.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...-thread.844848/

That discussion has been going on since March of 2015

By the way, the idea of ​​a competitor of The Sims is not only the wish of the fans. Will Wright wished that the competitor of The Sims appeared and was disappointed that it was not. It was in 2008.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/20...ng-of-the-sims/

Quote:
The Sims is also interesting in that it’s a hugely successful game that’s lead to virtually no clones, and certainly none of note. While Doom, Command and Conquer and even Sim City birthed genres, the Sims continues its lonely vigil. Will Wright is also surprised so few have followed their lead. “I thought it’d take a couple of years and we’ll start to see some pretty viable competitors… but it’s been over four, and we’re seeing some not terribly good ones,” he notes, “Which kind of disappoints me, because I wish there were better competitors, because I think it would help grow the genre. Though I think people are underestimating it. The Sims appears such a simple game, but they don’t understand how complicated it is to make the AI model and to get the User Interface just right. We redesigned the UI eleven times from scratch. Total rebuilds.” So, presumably, he must have been pleased with the final results. “I didn’t think it could have got a whole lot better,” he eventually decides, “We were definitely on some maximum. To get any better it’d have to been something radically different. We were drawing on existing conventions – how an existing gamer would expect to do something, plus how someone who has NEVER played a game in their life would expect to interact with something.”
Field Researcher
#6300 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 1:29 AM
EA customer service has confirmed that Seasons for The Sims 4 is in development. It will most likely be this year's expansion, and will probably be revealed at this year's EA Play event in June. (The Sims France tweeted out a couple days ago that they will have an announcement at EA Play regarding "The Sims's future", so it's probably about Seasons)
Locked thread
Page 252 of 447