Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 7:41 AM
Default Last Exception file - Testing mods and getting weird results
I have updated to the new patch, I have MCCC updated (up to this point) and I am trying to see what is giving me the error.
What I did:
1. I took out every script mod/package file combo and every package file that changed gameplay.
2. Ran my game with clean cache, new save and just CAS, BUY/BUILD mods.
3. Game runs beautifully, no errors, load save and everything is fine.
4. Create a script mods folder one level down to test updated and not-so-updated mods. Alphabetically, I add them back in, either as .package files or as a .package/.script file combo as needed.
5. I have done this with the first four (of about 50?) mods, no problem. The last one WITHOUT an error is Romantic Skygaze - tried in-game, works perfectly, no orange error box.
6. Next step, I add Icemunmun's updated harvestables and override recipes.
7. I get the error box, and what I can make out of the last exception file has to do with Romantic Skygaze.

In this script mod folder, before I put in the custom harvestables, I have
AKL Simmer Reduced Random Townies (no need to update) package file only
Autonomous Proposals & Breakups (updated) package file only
Romantic Skygaze (no need to update) both package and script.

Is it just me? I'm not extremely good at reading the last exception file, and I have attached a link to my dropbox if anyone is able to help.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h86f9bcls...eption.txt?dl=0
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 8:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chicvibe
I have updated to the new patch, I have MCCC updated (up to this point) and I am trying to see what is giving me the error.
What I did:
1. I took out every script mod/package file combo and every package file that changed gameplay.
2. Ran my game with clean cache, new save and just CAS, BUY/BUILD mods.
3. Game runs beautifully, no errors, load save and everything is fine.
4. Create a script mods folder one level down to test updated and not-so-updated mods. Alphabetically, I add them back in, either as .package files or as a .package/.script file combo as needed.
5. I have done this with the first four (of about 50?) mods, no problem. The last one WITHOUT an error is Romantic Skygaze - tried in-game, works perfectly, no orange error box.
6. Next step, I add Icemunmun's updated harvestables and override recipes.
7. I get the error box, and what I can make out of the last exception file has to do with Romantic Skygaze.

In this script mod folder, before I put in the custom harvestables, I have
AKL Simmer Reduced Random Townies (no need to update) package file only
Autonomous Proposals & Breakups (updated) package file only
Romantic Skygaze (no need to update) both package and script.

Is it just me? I'm not extremely good at reading the last exception file, and I have attached a link to my dropbox if anyone is able to help.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h86f9bcls...eption.txt?dl=0

I just looked at your LE in Notepad++ (so much easier to read that way) and it's referencing the Romantic Skygaze mod. Have you tried playing without it? Or else just with it loaded?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 1:35 PM
I added the Icemunmun's updated harvestables too (no recipe overrides though), as well as some other updated gameplay mods (none of the other ones you mentioned though, except for MC Command Center), and I get a lastexception message too, but when I look at the LE file, it's actually blank! Here's what it says:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
</root>

and that's all... So I'm not sure what's causing it either... could it be something to do with the havestables mods, then? Or maybe a false positive or something?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 4:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
I just looked at your LE in Notepad++ (so much easier to read that way) and it's referencing the Romantic Skygaze mod. Have you tried playing without it? Or else just with it loaded?

What I did was actually play the game (I forced a romantic relationship since it is a brand new save with no relationships yet) and Romantic Skygaze is perfect.
I get no orange error box from MCCC when the game loads, and the interaction works perfectly.

It is only when I add the next mods ( I added all the harvestables at once because, well, they're harvestables!!), that the last exception file comes up and all I can make out is the skygaze mod. It is just so weird. I guess I will bring Icemunmun into the convo after I do some more testing.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 6:59 PM
so it seems the canning station files are one problem (so far)

Since they are dependent on the base file to work, I did not break them down.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5mvdbbmoy...nfiles.txt?dl=0

I will let Icemunmun know - and for me - the harvestables are perfect - no error.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 8:20 PM Last edited by chicvibe : 9th Nov 2017 at 8:20 PM. Reason: including link
Okey dokey. First off, I want to say, Icemunmun is super awesome. The reason for the exception error is that the black plate you need to download, well, I didn't download it because I didn't think I need it since I don't do bread. I eats it, I don't makes it.

http://modthesims.info/d/598557

Happiness! No more exception errors! Life is good! Now, if Weerbesu uploads his UI fix, I will implode with happiness.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 9:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by properpanda
I added the Icemunmun's updated harvestables too (no recipe overrides though), as well as some other updated gameplay mods (none of the other ones you mentioned though, except for MC Command Center), and I get a lastexception message too, but when I look at the LE file, it's actually blank! Here's what it says:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
</root>

and that's all... So I'm not sure what's causing it either... could it be something to do with the havestables mods, then? Or maybe a false positive or something?

I just got this as well. I am trying to excavate the rocks in my game and I cannot (but I can dig the new dig spots for cats & dogs), and this empty LE file was generated, so.... sad face.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 11:40 PM Last edited by chicvibe : 10th Nov 2017 at 12:19 AM.
so the first time it happened, I took the canning station out and everything was fine, put it in by itself (no other script mods) and it was fine, then put it back in and this happened:

https://youtu.be/EsDIrvJCtVs

However, when I took the canning station out again, cleared my cache, and started my test game, she was still weeding the rocks. SOOOOO. going through my mods again.

I am going to let LittleMsSam know - it is the collectible rework mod she just put out. fyi if you have it.
Scholar
#9 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 2:13 AM
I don't use that mod. I have about 98% of my mods set aside right now awaiting updates and the rest have been updated and are okay. I just started updating a handful of mods I've made for myself. At least you're making progress getting things sorted!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 2:37 PM
I just got this as well. I am trying to excavate the rocks in my game and I cannot (but I can dig the new dig spots for cats & dogs), and this empty LE file was generated, so.... sad face.

My sim could excavate rocks fine with the canning mod installed, but since I removed the canning mod, I haven't had any LE errors... so I think that one was the culprit for me, possibly conflicting with something else or something...
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 10:28 PM
I keep checking SimsVIP, and it seems as people get deeper into playing Cats & Dogs mods that were updated for the patch may interfere with gameplay - game loads, no error boxes at first, buttttttt.....

For example, AKL Simmer's reduced random townie doesn't allow people to travel to Granite Falls with pets (I haven't tried it myself so I don't know the specifics), and if you use MCCC there is another update (the fourth, I believe). This patch is gonna really work some nerves, I think.
Scholar
#12 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 11:32 PM
I keep checking SimsVIP, and it seems as people get deeper into playing Cats & Dogs mods that were updated for the patch may interfere with gameplay - game loads, no error boxes at first, buttttttt.....

For example, AKL Simmer's reduced random townie doesn't allow people to travel to Granite Falls with pets (I haven't tried it myself so I don't know the specifics), and if you use MCCC there is another update (the fourth, I believe). This patch is gonna really work some nerves, I think.

MC Command Center just updated again. I knew AKLSimmer's mod would break with the expansion because there's new Sim filters to take into account.