Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 2:18 PM Last edited by fogsims : 16th Dec 2017 at 1:10 PM.
Default Multiple Clothes and pot for planting
Hey! I've been looking for those two things but I couldn't find anything useful about them. If anyone could help me I'd really appreciate it:

1- a mod/hack where you can have more than one clothing for each (more than 1 everyday clothes, more than 1 PJs, and so on...) just like sims 3 and sims 4.

2- a pot where your sims can plant stuff without having to build outside. It'd be useful if your sims want to plant something and they're living in an apartment, or if they don't have enough space in their backyard.

Edit:
3- Also is there a mod where you can invite out sims who are living in the same apartment complex as your sims without having to knock on their door and form a group with them?

4- There are a lot of items that cannot fit into the sim's inventory, is there a modded box or drawer (or anything similar) that you can put items in?

Thank You.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 6:36 PM
1- I don't think that function was ever added in TS2, but you can buy clothes (at home with a mod) and change them with a wardrobe.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 7:24 PM
3 - You don't need a mod. Pick up the phone, and choose groups/manage groups. Make a group, called perhaps "Apartment Neighbors," and you can call the group to go out any time you want. You can also ask individual neighbors on dates normally.

HOWEVER, apartment neighbors are a pain in the neck to go on outings with from apartments! This is because the code that causes them to return to their apartments to refresh their motives trumps the outing code. If you get an outing going with apartment neighbors, and don't get off the lot before one of them wanders off home, the taxi will sit. And sit. And sit. And sit. For as long as it takes for the motives to refresh, and then the neighbor will finally come out and get into the taxi.

So my advice is to get apartment-dwellers mobile phones, go to a community lot by themselves, then use the phone to call the outing, which will proceed normally.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 8:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
1- I don't think that function was ever added in TS2, but you can buy clothes (at home with a mod) and change them with a wardrobe.
I have Monique's computer, and I can use it to buy clothes online. But that's not what I meant, I didn't say I wanted my sims to have new clothes, I said multiple clothes. For example I want to set up more than one everyday dress for my female sim to wear, so she could randomly change to one of them everytime she changes, just like the sims 3 and the sims 4.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
3 - You don't need a mod. Pick up the phone, and choose groups/manage groups. Make a group, called perhaps "Apartment Neighbors," and you can call the group to go out any time you want. You can also ask individual neighbors on dates normally.

HOWEVER, apartment neighbors are a pain in the neck to go on outings with from apartments! This is because the code that causes them to return to their apartments to refresh their motives trumps the outing code. If you get an outing going with apartment neighbors, and don't get off the lot before one of them wanders off home, the taxi will sit. And sit. And sit. And sit. For as long as it takes for the motives to refresh, and then the neighbor will finally come out and get into the taxi.

So my advice is to get apartment-dwellers mobile phones, go to a community lot by themselves, then use the phone to call the outing, which will proceed normally.
because it's a pain in the neck and a long process, I thought there would be a mod to easily fix that. Thanks for your suggestion though.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 3:16 AM
Here's a mod that allows you to garden in planters. https://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=470191

Can apartment neighbours not be invited out by just ringing them up?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 5:54 AM
You can't phone them because they're on the same lot as you.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#8 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 3:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fogsims
I didn't say I wanted my sims to have new clothes, I said multiple clothes. For example I want to set up more than one everyday dress for my female sim to wear, so she could randomly change to one of them everytime she changes, just like the sims 3 and the sims 4.

I understood what you meant the first time. There may have been some unused/unfinished code for having up to 3 everyday outfits (I've seen it in a couple of very old clothing mods, can't remember which) but I don't think it worked properly. Since it's easy to change clothes with a wardrobe in TS2, they probably didn't bother to include it with the game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 4:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Here's a mod that allows you to garden in planters. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=470191

Can apartment neighbours not be invited out by just ringing them up?
Thank you SO much! and no, just like Peni Griffin said, you can't call a sim living on the same lot as your sims, unfortunately.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 4:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I understood what you meant the first time. There may have been some unused/unfinished code for having up to 3 everyday outfits (I've seen it in a couple of very old clothing mods, can't remember which) but I don't think it worked properly. Since it's easy to change clothes with a wardrobe in TS2, they probably didn't bother to include it with the game.
Oh okay. That's too bad.