Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 12:29 PM Last edited by LiliLiliLili : 1st Dec 2017 at 12:40 PM.
Default Can I put extracted sims using simpe in my game without cloning them? Can I put pets this way?
I extracted few sims from my old backupped neighborhood. I can't put the whole neighborhood into my game, because that save is when I had more EPs, but now I want to play with fewer EPs. And the game was buggy.
I want too see what are their clothes other than everyday wear. If I clone them in body shop I believe the game will give them random clothing. They said if I don't clone them they will have some character data and it is not safe. Since I extracted them, I haven't played the game, but they are still in a custom folder I made for them, not SavedSims in the game's folder.

But is it possible to check their whole wardrobe in simpe? Then I wouldn't mind cloning after that.

And can I put pets in my game this way?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 12:58 PM
No you need to clone them because extracted sims are 'dirty' for want of a better word, they will cause bugs and corruption. Cloning them gives you a clean sim free of extra data. I have no idea about pets.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 1:26 PM
Last we heard we didn't actually know whether the larger size of SimPE clones included corruption-bearing data; it might just be due to the SimPE clones remembering the clothing and bodyshop compressing files. So this is a "do at your own risk" procedure in your own game, and sims should never be shared without running them through bodyshop.

And no, there isn't any way to assign more than one outfit in bodyshop, sorry.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 1:54 PM
It won't help anyway - you can't see the other outfits in Bodyshop anyway.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 1:57 PM
Can I see them in simpe? I am pretty new to simpe.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 2:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LiliLiliLili
Can I see them in simpe? I am pretty new to simpe.

I guess the information must be somewhere but it will be in code.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 2:36 PM Last edited by LiliLiliLili : 1st Dec 2017 at 4:35 PM.
Ok I put the pets in a different folder just for memories or it might come in handy later, but now I have the sim's files together and I made notes about their personality etc. I will check them in bodyshop. Thanks for the help, guys.

I checked lots in a different neighborhood I backupped, some lots show a red picture or the lot's picture blurred in red! Does that mean the lots are corrupted?
Scholar
#8 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 1:50 AM
In the sim's character file the 3DID referencing file (usually instance 0x00000001) will contain all of the Property Sets for the sim's outfits, if those outfits are default SimPE can often give you the name of and display the first image from the outfit. You are going backwards in EPs so as they are the lots and character files would be incompatible with your game otherwise no need to mess with SimPE just add the sim's character file to the neighbourhood.

Often when a test 'hood generates a pretty sim I'll rename and just add her character file into my main 'hood. A&N has a teleporter tool designed for this and fixes things like no aspiration on import, the sim is fixed and in my spare sims pool in a matter of minutes. A character file can't contain anything that references other sims or anything else that could be harmful or confusing to a neighbourhood.
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 10:58 AM
Thanks for the reply. I successfully cloned some sims, even self-made sims extracted from castaway stories. I haven't played with them, just checked them in CAS.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 6:58 PM
What's the best way to clone a sim?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#11 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 9:09 PM
You clone them in SimPE - in the SimSurgery bit.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 9:17 PM
I extract in SimPE then open and clone in Body Shop.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I extract in SimPE then open and clone in Body Shop.

I know how to clone in bodyshop, but how do you extract in SimPE?
I saves some sims from an old neighbourhood, but I'm afraid to use them in my new one.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 9:22 PM
This is about the clearest tutorial https://pixel-trade.livejournal.com/16091.html It's very simple to extract sims, I did dozens when I did a hood rebuild about 8 years ago. I found the cloning to take a lot longer, probably because my Body Shop runs like molasses. Make sure you save as a name and not whatever string it gives you.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 9:25 PM
This is about the clearest tutorial https://pixel-trade.livejournal.com/16091.html It's very simple to extract sims, I did dozens when I did a hood rebuild about 8 years ago. I found the cloning to take a lot longer, probably because my Body Shop runs like molasses. Make sure you save as a name and not whatever string it gives you.

But that tutorial only works if you still have your old neighbourhood. You have to extract it from a neighbourhood.
I have those old sims because I saved them as packages like you upload a custom sim on MTS eg.
So I don't think the tutorial will help me

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 9:33 PM
All sims uploaded to MTS from the game must be first extracted then cloned. Sims here are either done that way if they are sims from somebodies game (my sim on here Birdie is extracted and cloned from my game) or they are fresh sims made in Body Shop. If these sims were in your game how did you package them? In a house? You would have to place them into a throw away hood, extract and clone then toss the hood since it would be full of corruption.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 9:48 PM
I don't remember how I packaged them. I really don't.
But the throw away hood is the best option I got to ever use them again.
Does it work with pets too?
I rather have my saved pets in my current hood than my saved sims.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 9:58 PM
I've never saved pets so I am not sure, but I think it would. Yes if you extract and clone it wont matter how much corruption those sims contain because the clone is a brand new sim that simply looks like the old one. If you want them to be the same you will need to keep notes on personality points, zodiac, etc.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 10:15 PM
I've never saved pets so I am not sure, but I think it would. Yes if you extract and clone it wont matter how much corruption those sims contain because the clone is a brand new sim that simply looks like the old one. If you want them to be the same you will need to keep notes on personality points, zodiac, etc.

But I guess cloning pets should be done in cas as they don't appear in bodyshop.
I dont care much about the personality and stuff to be the same. They have to have the same look. Personality and stuff can be changed in game later if needed.

Instructor
Original Poster
#20 Old 3rd Dec 2017 at 9:43 AM
I didn't tried with pets, but I am sure they won't show up in body shop. Maybe in PetBreeds folder?? And register the breed ingame with a phone. But the time it takes, maybe the game gets corrupted while registering the breed! I don't know.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#21 Old 3rd Dec 2017 at 12:44 PM
You can't clone pets in Bodyshop. The best way with them is to save the breed in game (which means having them in game obviously).

Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 3rd Dec 2017 at 1:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
You can't clone pets in Bodyshop. The best way with them is to save the breed in game (which means having them in game obviously).

I did both. I saved them in Sims2pack and registered them as a breed.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#23 Old 3rd Dec 2017 at 2:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
no need to mess with SimPE just add the sim's character file to the neighbourhood.

Often when a test 'hood generates a pretty sim I'll rename and just add her character file into my main 'hood.

@Chris Hatch How would I go about doing this without A&N?
Scholar
#24 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 5:01 AM
The sim will have no aspiration or any other data but the missing aspiration makes it extremely difficult, every time you 'mouse over' the sim the game throws an error. That error comes from an lua script so we can't prevent it with a mod and damn difficult to 'sidestep', A&N attempts to sidestep it by checking the sim's aspiration and assigning romance if it can't be resolved before allowing the lua script to run but the error still seems to occur for a while.
The sim will always be first 'seen' as an adult male with 0 personality traits, skills etc. so you need mods to repair everything about the sim. A&N's telepoter has an option for a sim to 'push' their person data on the imported sim which fixes everything immediately, I believe there are similar mods available I do recall seeing something similar.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#25 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 10:17 AM
Thanks for the information, @Chris Hatch !