Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 7:19 PM
Default Sims without texture outside the house, complete black
Sometimes i have the problem that every sims, my sims and the neighbors have no texture when they leave the house, in the house, everything fine, but if i go through the door, they are completely black. If i go back inside the house, texture is back.
Anyone here with the same problem? How can that happen? Maybe because of a mod?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 8:45 PM
Are you using a lighting mod? Try removing it if it's installed and see if it still happens. It could also be a corrupt file in the base game. To troubleshoot that open origin, right-click on the game picture and "repair game". If that doesn't fix it then it could be a graphics card artifact from your video card/chip overheating.
Test Subject
#3 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 9:07 PM
I have the same problem - no mods. Repairing and re-installing didn't help, but changing Edge Smoothing to either lower or higher quality did... for now. I don't think there's an issue with my card. Temps are fine and I had it replaced just before I bought the game because my previous card was overheating. I have no idea why it started happening really, I played for about 26 hours without encountering any bugs but after the first patch it's one issue after the other.