Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#2151 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 10:50 PM
I really hope this isn't true but apparently Graham's excuse for this bullshit is that if they put the hamsters in the expansion, they wouldn't be able to implement the Vet career. I reeeeeally hope that isn't true. That is Grant and Lyndsay levels of fuckery. Graham is supposed to be better than that.

The Receptacle still lives!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2152 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 10:52 PM Last edited by MiniMimi : 7th Mar 2018 at 12:35 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Teostar
And Katy Perry's Sweet Treats
Yeah but Kate Perry has whipped cream boobs.

Anyway there's worse, I spotted cats and dogs BEDS in the trailer. New ones, both sizes. You know, the thing C&D owners were wishing there was more.... I mean it's not only a couple of stupid outfits, it's also vital furniture that should've been in the damn expansion.
Edit: There's also a scratch post, a litter box, a condo and a pet toybox
Lab Assistant
#2153 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 11:03 PM
Yes he does!
I mean when you compare the size of the Team now and than back during TS2 and TS3 they seem to have a very hard time to even come close to match the things they could do back then.
But there really isn't an excuse for a franchise this big to be thrown under the bus the way EAxis does right now!
Theorist
#2154 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 11:07 PM
When it gets to the point that your representatives need to do "damage control" every time there's a new product release. It may be time to step back and re-assess your business practices...
Lab Assistant
#2155 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 11:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
I really hope this isn't true but apparently Graham's excuse for this bullshit is that if they put the hamsters in the expansion, they wouldn't be able to implement the Vet career. I reeeeeally hope that isn't true. That is Grant and Lyndsay levels of fuckery. Graham is supposed to be better than that.

man, that explanation doesn't even...make sense?? what the hell? does the engine cap out at 2.5 gameplay features?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2156 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 11:17 PM
The Stockholm syndrome is real, and Graham is doing so much damage uncomfortable control for this. You would think he owes the mafia money.

“The team wanted to focus on new content” is not an excuse to nicks and dime customers. I officially don’t like any of the employees on the team. They’re all corporate now.

I’d much rather minor pets than the bullshit training equipment that’s literally there for nothing. Same with that lighthouse... and those boats... useless.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Top Secret Researcher
#2157 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 11:18 PM
"they're a business, they need money for their family"
omg, this person didn't really say that!? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Holy hell... I did not expect to see this said about EA. Poor kid, has no clue what kind of business EA is.
Mad Poster
#2158 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 11:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
The Stockholm syndrome is real, and Graham is doing so much damage uncomfortable control for this. You would think he owes the mafia money.

“The team wanted to focus on new content” is not an excuse to nicks and dime customers. I officially don’t like any of the employees on the team. They’re all corporate now.

I’d much rather minor pets than the bullshit training equipment that’s literally there for nothing. Same with that lighthouse... and those boats... useless.

Right? If they'e really having alll these issues with priorities, maybe they should have dedicated more time to actual gameplay content and saved most of the CAS items (like the pet clothes) for the stuff pack. Because that's what stuff packs are supposed to be. Stuff. Not a way to shill out gameplay features that should have been in the expansion packs.

Honestly, I would have been totally fine if the pets expansion didn't come with anything for humans if it meant they could dedicate their time to more gameplay features. Since time management is clearly hard them.

The Receptacle still lives!
Field Researcher
#2159 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
Yeah but Kate Perry has whipped cream boobs.

Slightly silently judging you, but also...
Instructor
#2160 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 12:31 AM
Sooo.. basically right now the team that makes Sims 4 is much smaller so they can't do a lot of stuff and can't make quality content as in previous games but still they want us to pay the same ammount of money for less content, cut content from the EP and sell it as a stuff pack and get more money.

Basically we're paying more for less and their excuse is that their team is smaller. Why should we care about the size of their team, that's no excuse to release half assed content. If you don't have enough people then hire more people.

How come in Sims 2 and Sims 3 they had the budget for bigger teams? I think that EA treats the Sims4 as a mobile game, they hire very little people, very low quality control, they just want to grab the quick cash of casual players(like mobile games do). They no longer see this game as an AAA title

My simblr AsdSims
Top Secret Researcher
#2161 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 12:41 AM
Ow, not at all, I prefer sausages. (But I do find that GIF funny as hell!)
What I meant is that Sim 4 is all sunshine & happiness but sims 3 was a bit more adult at least. Or a tiny bit less childish. Less moron. Oh, whatever.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2162 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 12:46 AM
So, if the team is so small, why do we have three teams for content when we only needed 2?

They do this shit to themselves, so how could I feel bad for them?

Lab Assistant
#2163 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 1:00 AM
Right? If they'e really having alll these issues with priorities, maybe they should have dedicated more time to actual gameplay content and saved most of the CAS items (like the pet clothes) for the stuff pack. Because that's what stuff packs are supposed to be. Stuff. Not a way to shill out gameplay features that should have been in the expansion packs.

Honestly, I would have been totally fine if the pets expansion didn't come with anything for humans if it meant they could dedicate their time to more gameplay features. Since time management is clearly hard them.

I wish they would've saved all the pets clothes for the stuff pack. I never use any of it. I would be far happier with the stuff pack items then the pets clothes.

Farley Farm - After running away in highschool with her boyfriend Hank, Odelia goes back to her childhood home after her father’s death. How will Meredith cope living with her grandmother? How will Rosena cope with her daughter’s return?
Field Researcher
#2164 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 1:06 AM
I'm curious now how LGR is going to review this. He's always pretty fair an honest about it (His review for the whole Katy Perry EP stuff was Hilarious). But I'm kinda hoping he jumps their ass for this shit. I'm glad people are getting pissed off about this. Don't know if it will make any kind of impact since you know their dedicated followers will buy anything...but at least the tone has gotten a bit more real with knowing they are scamming everyone for cash.
Instructor
#2165 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 1:10 AM

Oh, really? I seem to remember him admitting on his twitter account (back in 2012 or 2013) that he had only just managed to discover that the dragon cave steam effects (from the 2009 World Adventures EP) were functioning properly. It had been one of his jobs to quality-check it and he openly admitted to giving it the okay without actually looking into it! This might seem like small potatoes to some, but stuff like this adds up. Little things slipping through the cracks lead to bigger problems along the line.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Lab Assistant
#2166 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 1:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CooCooCoo
How come in Sims 2 and Sims 3 they had the budget for bigger teams? I think that EA treats the Sims4 as a mobile game, they hire very little people, very low quality control, they just want to grab the quick cash of casual players(like mobile games do). They no longer see this game as an AAA title

Well isn't Maxis part of EA Mobile nowadays?

I think EA got really cautious with anything MAXIS since the failure of SimCity 2013.
Maxis was working on so many different projects at that time (and before Emeryville got closed) like their new IP called "World", or at least 3 non Sims/SimCity Mobile games (and some SimsVille Mobile?)
and not to forget the Star Wars SimCity RTS and the next SimCity.

All of these got cancelled at some point and the only thing left is the Sims and the smaller Mobile projects.

It's actually pretty sad that such an amazing Developer has become such a shallow shadow of its former self
Top Secret Researcher
#2167 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 1:37 AM

This is oddly turning me on. Dont judge me.
Lab Assistant
#2168 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 1:42 AM
There is no excuse. This whole pack should have been included in cats and dogs, and I seriously doubt there is any reason at all that it wasn't asdide from trying to milk the fans for more money. I'm sure ts4 isn't doing as well as previous sims games, but they knew their version of the pets expansion would be popular compared to other sims 4 expansions since pets expansions are always popular, so they knew now would be the time they could blantatly get away with selling the second half of an expansion as a stuff pack.

Not cool. Won't be buying even at a discount. I bought cats and dogs at 50% off and feel the pack was so bare bones and the pet AI so bad that it was hardly even worth that. I'm definitly not spending more money to get the rest of the pack.
Field Researcher
#2169 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 1:46 AM
I've seen one influencer recommend going to a movie over this stuff pack, and even he can't defend it.

I've saw one criticise it but then exclaim how cute the furniture is and how she will be happy to get it.

And one who told me privately they think it's bullshit but are remaining silent publicly because I guess to quote Mean Girls:

"You would rather be in the Plastics hating life then not be in at all"

Stockholm syndrome is very real on officials and twitter. Weird thing is the worst offenders are over forty not teens.
Top Secret Researcher
#2170 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 2:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nic
It's actually pretty sad that such an amazing Developer has become such a shallow shadow of its former self

Yeah, that's what EA kind of does: they ruin everything they lay their hands upon. Great studios have gone ruined by the touch of EA. Some game studios under them have managed to develop decent, even great games, but other studios have gotten utterly burnt. And The sims developing teams are sadly not one of those who can manage well under EA.
Instructor
#2171 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 2:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thevogel
I'm curious now how LGR is going to review this. He's always pretty fair an honest about it (His review for the whole Katy Perry EP stuff was Hilarious). But I'm kinda hoping he jumps their ass for this shit. I'm glad people are getting pissed off about this. Don't know if it will make any kind of impact since you know their dedicated followers will buy anything...but at least the tone has gotten a bit more real with knowing they are scamming everyone for cash.

I think it is going to be a more entertaining review than the Katy Perry SP. I mean I thought nothing could sell less than or be worst than the Katy Perry pack but a dancing human hamster proved me wrong.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2172 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 2:59 AM
EA is merging and removing threads on the main forum. Who prepared the tea today?

Forum Resident
#2173 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 3:14 AM
I swear to the holy llama, when CAD first came out, I thought to myself: "Very few pets clothing items and they're so boring, too! Do they plan on adding some in a SP?! Naaaaahaaaaa, that couldn't be!"
Cats better able to interact with this hamster (watch it like it is hypnotic, try to catch it etc...) If you make a SP for an EP, you need to at least interlink this stuff correctly. Otherwise, I won't get it, because this could obviously lead to them cutting out more stuff from EPs to sell it as DLC DLC without any care or justification.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2174 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 3:21 AM
Even the influencers aren’t having it. They are risking ignoring all throwing shade at EA, and i’m here for it.

We know who’s NOT going to be at EA Play come June.

Forum Resident
#2175 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 3:36 AM
Ahhhhhhh, there is one thing, I have to praise them for. Finally, the oversized items make sense. It's very important that you get (especially young) people to learn, even a hamster needs a lot of space. Doesn't justify the ten bucks price tag, though.
Page 87 of 141