Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 6:41 PM
Sim needs, plz help
Hey guys,

I've made a few small mods so I get the game the way I like it but one that I cant do/find, The sims needs (social, fun etc) Is there a way I can turn off or reduce the rate of decay for selected ones? I know I can get the reward item for bladder etc, but what I want is to only have to worry about a few of them like sleep, hunger, bladder,

so my questions are, is this hard coded? or can it be found in the gameplaydata.package? if you can could you please name and shame the .package file/files I'm after.

Thanks for any help
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 8:28 PM
Did a search with S3P, and your looking for Motives.XML in the GamplayData file (:

Edit: It may be useful to look at the other Motives files as well.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 9:05 PM
yeah, i found that one but not sure what to change so far I've only played with "bladder" as its got the fastest decay and easy to see if it works or not,

<Tuning kind="Bladder" universal="True" insatiable="False" intensity="4000" ageSpecificity="All" traitSpecificity="Unknown" decayType="VariableDecayByMoodlet" decayValue="12" initialMin="75" initialMax="100" timeRandomness="3" hasDefaultValue="True"</Tuning>

changed decayValue="12" +/- no change in decay rates also played with timerandomness=3 +/-

anyone got any idea's as to what need to change?

<Motive>
<Tuning kind="Bladder" universal="True" insatiable="False" intensity="4000" ageSpecificity="All" traitSpecificity="Unknown" decayType="VariableDecayByMoodlet" decayValue="12" initialMin="75" initialMax="100" timeRandomness="3" hasDefaultValue="True">
</Tuning>
<Intensity>
<Point x="-100" y="0" />
<Point x="-90" y="0" />
<Point x="-61" y="0.25" />
<Point x="-60" y="0.995" />
<Point x="-10" y="1" />
<Point x="100" y="1" />
</Intensity>
<AutoSatisfy>
<Point x="0" y="23.52941" />
<Point x="6.335403" y="-60" />
<Point x="8" y="100" />
<Point x="13.93789" y="-60" />
<Point x="14.1" y="100" />
<Point x="21.09317" y="-60" />
<Point x="21.46584" y="100" />
<Point x="24" y="23.52941" />
</AutoSatisfy>
<MoodContribution>
<Point x="-100" y="0" />
<Point x="100" y="0" />
</MoodContribution>
<MotiveBuffs>
<BuffTrigger TriggerValueStart="-100" TriggerValueEnd="-91" AddBuff="ReallyHasToPee" RemoveBuff="" CustomClass="" Decay="9" />
<BuffTrigger TriggerValueStart="-90" TriggerValueEnd="-61" AddBuff="HasToPee" RemoveBuff="ReallyHasToPee" CustomClass="" Decay="14.5" />
<BuffTrigger TriggerValueStart="-60" TriggerValueEnd="100" AddBuff="" RemoveBuff="HasToPee, ReallyHasToPee" CustomClass="" Decay="13.33334" />
</MotiveBuffs>
</Motive>
Field Researcher
#4 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 4:43 AM
Take a look at the Steel Bladder lifetime award. That may help.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 9:08 AM
I would try changing: decayType="VariableDecayByMoodlet" to this: decayType="NoDecay". Compare your bladder quote with the motives further down in the list, stuff like Politeness and MoodAngry.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 3:35 PM
Didn't even think about doing that one busy scratching my head over the numbers.. lol switching to nodecay does work but the draw back being it works for every sim in town, that said I don't mind. not needing to sleep, pee or wash again will free my sim for the fun things in the game. Thanks for your help guys :-)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Mar 2010 at 7:58 AM
Ok after a few hours last night the decay is still active although reduced a lot in some area's, I changed all bladder, energy and Hygiene to "NoDecay" result is:

blader: doesn't decay
energy: remains the same
Hygiene: decay is really slow almost none but while gardening decay returns to normal until the task is complete

I have made a package to help beat my energy but I still need to make the sim go to sleep for about 2 sim minutes his energy is then full again ;-)