Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th May 2010 at 9:28 AM
Question about Tomb Building Inscription Plaques
I have an awesome story idea for my world and I wanted to create inscription plaques that my Sims can discover secrets about the worlds history from but I'm wondering if it's possible to edit what they say? If you're confused to what I'm asking about I mean like the plaque at the beginning of the Tomb of Discovery stating "The door closed behind me, good thing I have enough supplies etc"
Advertisement
Retired
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th May 2010 at 9:46 AM
Yes. They're completely editable, but a bit fiddly. Get them using the testingcheatsenabled true cheat followed by the buydebug cheat. After that you can CTRL + Shift + click them, and you get the option Enter text.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th May 2010 at 10:42 AM
Yay! That's awesome, <3 Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#4 Old 5th Oct 2010 at 8:52 PM
I'm sorry about the threadcromancy.

Also to enter text into the plaques you also have to be in build/buy mode.

You still have to type in testingcheatsenabled true & buydebug as said before, but instead of just CTRL + Shift + clicking them you have to be in build/buy mode when you CTRL + Shift + click them.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 7th Oct 2010 at 8:37 PM
I think it would be a good idea for someone to make plaques in different forms, for example a diary or a scrap of paper. That would be pretty fun to scatter about the world with secrets.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 8th Oct 2010 at 5:54 AM
Yeah, that would be really cool!

I use these plates a lot to give hints for hidden places in my world... or to refer to some event. Also, I like to use them as secret triggers, because some doors shouldn't open before Sims read a warning.

I play Sims in German, so I apologize in advance for any "funny/wrong English term" I might use when describing something about the game. ;)
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 3:59 PM
I know this thread has been dead for so long a museum of ancient history would keep it in a dehumidified display case. My question is a short one and I didn't want to make a new thread as it is closely related to this one:
Does anyone know if there is a character limit on inscription plaques?

English is my second language. Please don't be mean about my mistakes :)
Test Subject
#8 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 11:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dear_dori
I know this thread has been dead for so long a museum of ancient history would keep it in a dehumidified display case. My question is a short one and I didn't want to make a new thread as it is closely related to this one:
Does anyone know if there is a character limit on inscription plaques?

I just tried it and got 150.