Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 8:17 AM
Default Need Help with custom car
I need help with this car mesh im trying to make...

i downloaded this mesh from an unrelated site but it has over 107 groups and i dont know how to link groups together so it is easier for me to link joints with the verticies in the group

plus how do u manipulate the joint assignment so it fits the vehicle i am making out stuffing it up????
Advertisement
The ModFather
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 10:17 PM
If this mesh has 107 separated mesh groups then it must have an *enormous* amount of vertices and faces!
Remember that on several sites you can find free meshes, but they are intended to be used for static raytracing, NOT in a dynamic environment like this game.

If you can reduce the mesh to about 5000 vertices, then refer to this tutorial for the joint assignments and other car-related hints.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.