Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 2:08 AM
Default Functional issue making a festival lot--no eggs
I made a festival lot. So far I have only seen it in Spring, and everything works except the egg hunt (well, and I placed some kissing booths too close to the hedge, but that's easy to fix). There are no eggs on the ground and there is no option to hunt eggs, though the sims who visit the lot get the wish to join the egg hunt. I thought that the egg hunt was spawned by the seasonal marker and there was nothing more I needed to do. Am I wrong? Is it possible that the egg hunt can be sidelined by having the wrong items on the lot? I put a lot of spawners on the lot, could that be it?
Advertisement
mature minion
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 2:09 PM
Hmm, what lot type have you set it to? I don't have a lot of experience with using the season specific objects but I'd start by checking that.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 4:43 PM
It is a festival lot, and as I said it works as a festival lot except for the eggs.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 5:49 AM
I assume you set the lot as a community lot: festival lot and you see the seasonal lot marker. Egg hunt eggs should spawn automatically in Spring. I find that sometimes it takes a day for eggs to start showing, especially if Spring is the first season. I do not think you need any particular items on the lot for each season. Too many spawners could potentially slow down the egg spawning. Do you know that each time you rotate the lot the spawners double? I would keep testing, maybe reduce the number of spawners. Here is a tutorial written by SimGuru Graham: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/604761.page
Good luck!

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 11:48 PM
I used the tutorial by SimGuru Graham, and as I have said I did set the lot to festival and I placed the seasonal lot marker and I put all the things in for the different seasons and changed the name of the lot for each season and I was able to make every other thing work on the lot but the egg hunt. I don't know what you mean about spawners doubling and rotating lots. Do you mean when you place them from the library to the world? Because I built this lot from scratch, in place, and it has not been rotated in Edit Town. I sent my sims to the festival several times during Spring, and while they rolled an egg hunt want, there were never any eggs or the option to hunt eggs when I clicked the ground.

I'll just keep playing, I guess. I wish I could have eggs, but there's no place to put a pre-,made festival lot in this world. I had to make a lot that was a bit smaller to fit it on to the space where the old large park was.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 20th Jul 2015 at 3:36 AM
Yes, I meant placing a lot in edit town, when you rotate the lot you double the spawners. Since you built this lot in place and didn't move it, this is not your problem. Did you bulldoze another lot to build the new festival lot? If so, did you check it for spawners, including sub-terrain spawners? Enter build mode with "buydebug on" cheat, Check for spawners. Then build a basement so you can go down one level and check there for spawners. Sometimes the spawners can be stacked on top of each other, so it looks like one but can be dozens. My final advice is to save your lot to the library and then place it in a "test" game. Start a brand new game. Place the lot on a new (not bulldozed) lot and run the game. See if the problem repeats. Take out some of the spawners you placed, or even all the spawners, and see what happens. If the eggs for the hunt still do not appear, at least you haven't changed your original lot. If they do, now you know why. I hope it works out!

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo