Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jan 2014 at 2:13 AM
Default SimPE: Not enough memory to save?
I recently moved my Sims2 game over to a new, better computer, which is running Windows 7 and has nothing on it except my word processor, my Sims2 game, and related files (plus the usual clocks and background apps). It doesn't even have internet yet. What it does have is 4 G of RAM.

I can run the game fine, give or take a blip caused from errors in copying CC or having to run off a circuit that probably isn't grounded properly (that's a guess; but it's happened before. Old house.) I can open SimPE and look at anything I want to. I can make and commit changes; but when I try to save I get an error message saying the program doesn't have enough available memory to save the package file. Then another, another, and another...I may have to close a dozen of these windows before I can close the program.

Any suggestions? The problem seems unlikely to be RAM, since SimPE is the only program I have open (apart from the clocks and so on) at these times and the game runs so well (mostly).

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)