Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 7:47 PM
Default Why not post a picture of your neighborhood?
Everyone has a favorite 'hood, and a favorite season, let's post pictures of our favorite 'hoods in our favorite season! (unless you don't have seasons, in which case, just post your favorite neighborhood)

I'll Start!

This is River Springs, my BACC. It's a little farming town, home to 41 sims.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 11:29 PM
Early picture of Oakbrook:

It's been built up quite a bit since.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 11:52 PM
This is Lacuna Delta:

It's always either raining or snowing!

Now it has a subhood- a sunny holiday destination.

Not sure how safe that volcano is, though!
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#4 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 2:55 AM Last edited by Bulbizarre : 27th Oct 2018 at 7:15 AM.
Welcome to Oakbrook.

You've most likely come across on the ferry from Belladonna Cove, and if so, the first place you'll pass through is what's known to locals as the 'old village.' Left to decay for the first few years following the opening of the Oakbrook Shopping Center, it's recently been revitalized as part of a joint effort between the Oakbrook Chamber of Commerce and a coalition of local businesses.

Instead of immediately heading downtown, you might decide to take a drive along Seabreeze Drive. Many of the houses along this road used to be vacation cottages, for the rich folks wishing to escape the swelter and bustle of the city in the summertimes. Now, with a little bit of renovation, they provide fine (if perhaps a little drafty) year-round homes.

There are two main roads that head uphill and into the busy part of town. One, Mootilda Drive, skirts around McArthur Square, local festival ground:

While the more-used route, Pescado Street, heads through the heart of town, passing by both the Crumplebottom Academy and Sunshine Orphanage.

Downtown. This is where the Oakbrook Shopping Centre lies, a sprawling suburbian mall that most of the old-timers are reluctant to accept exists.

Not far away is the poor part of town, with a cluster of run-down hostels, mobile homes, a cheap motel that serves more as apartments, and a low-security prison. After a concentrated effort by a local anti-poverty coalition (which runs the local soup kitchen), town council has reluctantly funded some low-income housing. Another project, spearheaded by the coalition, is a coop - in return for reduced rent, the families living within will provide a portion of their garden produce to the soup kitchen.

In one of life's ironies, not more than half a kilometre and just up the hill from the poorest section of town is the richest section of town. Overlooking the entire town, on a clear day you can see clear across the bay to Belladonna. These houses are fit for a monarch -- or at least a very, very, very rich person.

Head down Spring Garden Road and along Hickory Street to loop back to Mootilda Drive. Town council is doing its best to prevent the issue of suburban sprawl, although opinions vary on whether they succeeded.

And that's it for now. I wish I could live here in real life.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 4:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
I wish I could live here in real life.

Me too! What a gorgeous and well-planned out 'hood!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 4:31 AM
Thank you. For reference, the terrain I used is Omenala.

Mad Poster
#7 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 12:47 AM
I think I might've scared everyone else off. I want to see more neighbourhood pics!

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 3:46 AM Last edited by LyleSnake : 18th Nov 2018 at 6:27 PM.
I'll post some more photos of my lovely River Springs. Come on people, let's get these creative juices pumping!

Mad Poster
#9 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 4:05 PM
I just might take a vacation there...

Field Researcher
#10 Old 4th Dec 2018 at 9:06 PM Last edited by jain : 5th Dec 2018 at 5:36 PM.
Default My Neighborhood
I'm in the process of moving away from tumblr, saw the reminder from MTS and thought I'd contribute a couple more pics here.

This is my neighborhood, the only one I have. There are three subhoods, a downtown and a college. I've been playing in this neighborhood for about 11 years. Forgive the labels on the shots. I'm redoing a blog and creating a header but didn't save the shots before adding the text. (Always save first)

The place is tropical so the seasons are limited to summer and a brief spring which passes for everything other than summer.

Link Ninja
#11 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 1:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jain
I'm in the process of moving away from tumblr, saw the reminder from MTS and though I'd contribute a couple more pics here.

This is my neighborhood, the only one I have. There are three subhoods, a downtown and a college. I've been playing in this neighborhood for about 11 years. Forgive the labels on the shots. I'm redoing a blog and creating a header but didn't save the shots before adding the text. (Always save first)

@jain - So beautiful!!! I love the long landscape view of them I also have been playing my hood that long, it's very lucky to get a hood that old without it becoming unplayable. So glad yours is still bumping along

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Field Researcher
#12 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
@jain - So beautiful!!! I love the long landscape view of them I also have been playing my hood that long, it's very lucky to get a hood that old without it becoming unplayable. So glad yours is still bumping along
Thank you so much! I have trouble taking the long landscape shots but my blog template requires them. Sometimes they're stretched pretty badly!
Inventor
#13 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 11:00 PM

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 10th Dec 2018 at 10:40 PM
Wow I love those lit-up buildings!

My simblr // Check out my neighborhood, River Springs // Message me on Discord! --> LyleSnake#6590 I love to make new friends and talk about the Sims
Mad Poster
#15 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 10:23 AM
I love city skylines at night. :lovestruc:
Test Subject
#16 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 10:46 PM

I really love how this place turned out.
Inventor
#17 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 3:32 PM
Another pic I'm constantly working on making this town look better.
Theorist
#18 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 9:21 PM

This is my first neighborhood I'm building from scratch and it was looking pretty bad for the longest time but adding some new roads in SimCity4 and starting to landscape has made such a difference! I thought I was going to have to chalk Calamity Hills up as a learning experience and eventually start over with a different/better terrain but right this minute I'm really happy with how the neighborhood is starting to take shape. It's still early days and very much a work in progress but I'm hopeful when I get to the end I'll love it and want to keep playing.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#19 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 1:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
This is my first neighborhood I'm building from scratch and it was looking pretty bad for the longest time but adding some new roads in SimCity4 and starting to landscape has made such a difference! I thought I was going to have to chalk Calamity Hills up as a learning experience and eventually start over with a different/better terrain but right this minute I'm really happy with how the neighborhood is starting to take shape. It's still early days and very much a work in progress but I'm hopeful when I get to the end I'll love it and want to keep playing.
It looks really interesting - the stair step terrain is unusual and looks like it provides some great places to build - the views must be great and the land looks flat. Your landscaping is lovely. I'm curious how you changed the roads - what changes made the map better for you.
Theorist
#20 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 2:34 AM
It looks really interesting - the stair step terrain is unusual and looks like it provides some great places to build - the views must be great and the land looks flat. Your landscaping is lovely. I'm curious how you changed the roads - what changes made the map better for you.

This is the Three Lakes map and originally only had perimeter roads on each of the three plateaus to work with which left a large square of dead space. I broke up the middle plateau with a few streets so I can create a more interesting town layout. I also added some feeder roads on the bottom plateau which lead to/help define a farming section and a water front area I want to add. I'll need to import the S34 file to SimCity again to add more roads to the bottom and top plateaus when the time comes to start developing those but now that I learned how to do that (edit the map to add roads) it's made all of the difference.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#21 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
This is the Three Lakes map and originally only had perimeter roads on each of the three plateaus to work with which left a large square of dead space. I broke up the middle plateau with a few streets so I can create a more interesting town layout. I also added some feeder roads on the bottom plateau which lead to/help define a farming section and a water front area I want to add. I'll need to import the S34 file to SimCity again to add more roads to the bottom and top plateaus when the time comes to start developing those but now that I learned how to do that (edit the map to add roads) it's made all of the difference.
That's a great idea! I've never been able to do anything with that terrain. It wanders around the sides and down along the lake but there's nothing useful up the middle at all. I never thought of changing the roads.

I love editing maps in SC4. My big problem is that I make significant terrain changes ingame and ruin the map - when I try to reload it in SC4 to alter or remove roads, they're in the water or down a hill or somewhere and it doesn't work with the new terrain to try to change them. Using SimCity to change roads and terrains is wonderful - it's too bad it doesn't work the other way around but ridiculous to complain about it! You should show your progress and the road changes as you go along. It would be really interesting.
Theorist
#22 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 7:07 PM
That's a great idea! I've never been able to do anything with that terrain. It wanders around the sides and down along the lake but there's nothing useful up the middle at all. I never thought of changing the roads.

I love editing maps in SC4. My big problem is that I make significant terrain changes ingame and ruin the map - when I try to reload it in SC4 to alter or remove roads, they're in the water or down a hill or somewhere and it doesn't work with the new terrain to try to change them. Using SimCity to change roads and terrains is wonderful - it's too bad it doesn't work the other way around but ridiculous to complain about it! You should show your progress and the road changes as you go along. It would be really interesting.

I've been meaning to take neighborhood pics as I go along but I've pretty lax about it -- I'll have to try and do better! I had the same problem with the terrain - I've edited it ingame pretty heavily - but Mootilda's HoodReplace is amazing in that it gives you the option to import the new roads and fit them to your current neighborhood terrain. I import the last SC4 map file I have to Sim City to edit the roads and then use that edited SC4 file to create a new neighborhood. Then it's just a matter importing the roads using HoodReplace. It took a bit of trial and error for me to figure it out but just checking the road boxes and unticking everything else does the trick.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#23 Old 5th Jan 2019 at 6:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anhaeyn
Another pic I'm constantly working on making this town look better.

I NEEEDDDD more pics

Gorgeous :lovestruc
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#24 Old 18th Jan 2019 at 12:19 AM
Finally, spring has come in Lacuna D! I gave it a terrain makeover to make the bridges lower.

There's a new housing development top right of the image.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#25 Old 18th Jan 2019 at 2:36 AM
Will Wrighticus Temple, some old ruins, and a police checkpoint:

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Page 1 of 2