Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#26 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 6:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
instead of "eat cookie" it says "Eat _Sims_Name" which is weird.

Cannibalism Game Pack confirmed!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 7:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PANDAQUEEN
No complaints so far.

Replaced Deaderpool's MCCC mods to be up to date, but other than that, I have yet to update the UI mod or any plants because I don't know if weerbesu or icemunmun or any other content makers here are up to date.

Don't know about the hair, clothes, shoes and accessories I have as custom content from Silver Moon Sims Tumblr, but I wasn't able to download the Princess Serenity set of content or even the crowns at the least. (It wasn't available due to technical issues from the creator)

I eventually will update my entire game's content. For now, it's a matter of waiting for everyone else to catch up with the updates. I don't have much, so it shouldn't be too much for me.

Custom plants are really not working I had to delete all the plant boxes that I had my custom roses in just deleting the plants didn't work had the delete the plant boxes and all.
Scholar
#28 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 8:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmythesim
Cannibalism Game Pack confirmed!

To make it worse, they are eating a cookie made of themselves, so it's self cannibalism. Perhaps if it said "Eat, Colin McKay" instead of "Eat Colin McKay" it wouldn't sound so cannibalistic. Punctuation matters!
Scholar
#29 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 8:46 AM
To make it worse, they are eating a cookie made of themselves, so it's self cannibalism. Perhaps if it said "Eat, Colin McKay" instead of "Eat Colin McKay" it wouldn't sound so cannibalistic. Punctuation matters!

Did you check the list of broken mods?
I saw some of the food related that got broken, if I remember correctly
Scholar
#30 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 11:02 AM
Just curious they say this patch isn't dramatic as Cats and Dogs, but this seems to of broken almost 90% of the mods, I remember cats and dogs did a lot of major damage, but this one, the top 10 mods of all time are instantly broken, and older mods that previously survived Cats and Dogs patch like the Go To School Mod, are now reportedly broken forever.

By buying Seasons tommorow night at midnight, so I'm going to have to patch very soon...
Scholar
#31 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 11:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren

Did you check the list of broken mods?
I saw some of the food related that got broken, if I remember correctly

Yes I did, I didnt think I had the ones that broke but Ill have to take mine out and see if they stop eating themselves. Thanks for the tip.
Scholar
#32 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 11:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
Just curious they say this patch isn't dramatic as Cats and Dogs, but this seems to of broken almost 90% of the mods, I remember cats and dogs did a lot of major damage, but this one, the top 10 mods of all time are instantly broken, and older mods that previously survived Cats and Dogs patch like the Go To School Mod, are now reportedly broken forever.

By buying Seasons tomorrow night at midnight, so I'm going to have to patch very soon...

Where have you seen that 90% of the mods are broken? is there another list? (I'm checking the list at Simsvip)
I'm seeing many that are currently in an unknown status
many of the incompatible ones that only have an issue of missing icons, which I guess can be fixed
and other mods are being updated

so overall I wouldn't worry this much..
Scholar
#33 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 1:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
Where have you seen that 90% of the mods are broken? is there another list? (I'm checking the list at Simsvip)
I'm seeing many that are currently in an unknown status
many of the incompatible ones that only have an issue of missing icons, which I guess can be fixed
and other mods are being updated

so overall I wouldn't worry this much..

Same has you, SimVIP, I'm been half a day preparing for the patch, and had to remove every mod I had refering back and forth on the info on SImsVIP, and only the only thing I've put back in so far, is only mccc.

Unknown status is just not good enough, only of those the green light if they are reported.

Edit: few more now have been updated..
Forum Resident
#34 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 3:06 PM
hmm so the school mod is broken will it be updated?
Field Researcher
#35 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 4:01 PM
For me the patch wasn't actually as bad as I thought it would be. The only mod I had to take out was the more CAS columns. Everything else, including all of the custom careers and traits I stuffed into my game are working just fine.
Test Subject
#36 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 6:37 PM
For me, the patch did some damage. I don't expect the mods to work right away but the cheats are damaged. And I'm a compulsive needs cheater. Which won't work at all for me. Same as the leveling of skills.
It's a known issue but I'm actually underwhelmed, tbh.
Hope it gets fixed soon, especially since Seasons is being shipped on Friday. I honestly expect further issues once I installed that, meh.
Off to report a few mods as not working on simvip
Test Subject
#37 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 7:17 PM
Are custom traits working?
Forum Resident
#38 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 8:11 PM
Why were hot and cold weather clothing categories added for everyone?? Won't it be kinda useless to anyone who doesn't own Seasons? Or are they patching in changing temperatures for everyone?

EDIT: yikes like 10 other people beat me to this comment, sorry for making this forum sound like a broken record

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Scholar
#39 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 10:11 PM
I love the changes to gardening. Weeding is sooo much easier now. *sighs*

I took out any extra food mods that I had, but my sims are still eating themselves. *shrug*

On the plus side, LittleMsSam updated a lot of her mods... but call me crazy... won't they all break again by the actual release of seasons?
I'm glad this one didn't break stuff like skins, no ea eyelashes, kijijo eyelashes, ect...
Forum Resident
#40 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 6:38 AM
The seasons patch will be small and less breakage of mods.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 7:24 AM
On the plus side, LittleMsSam updated a lot of her mods... but call me crazy... won't they all break again by the actual release of seasons?

No, because the release of Seasons won't make any changes to the game's core. That's what this pre-patch is for - it ensures that everyone plays with the same core regardless of which expansions they have installed. Otherwise you would have thousands of different setups among your customers/players, and that would be a nightmare for EA/Maxis to code for.
Okay, there will still be some mods that will need to be updated again after Season is released, but that will be more because of unforseen conflicts and unintended/unwanted behavior than because of changed/incompatible code.
Scholar
#42 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 10:32 AM
With the amount of bugs with this patch, I'd consider the game completely unplayable at this time. Most of it can't even be fixed with mods. Coolspear has completely given up on the game it seems. I can't even imagine how it would feel to be so thoroughly screwed by Maxis again and again. They definitely rushed out this patch and this expansion. Test your damn game, EA, before you wreck it completely.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Top Secret Researcher
#43 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 11:11 AM
For my playstyle, the patch hasn't done much damage. Only thing I really noticed was some lag when painting walls? Weird one. I can live without MCCC and the custom careers for some days.
Also people complaining about the underside of roofs being now the same as the top, I actually prefer it to that horrible white underside we usually have. Apparently it's not intended so back to crystal white we go...

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Stupid people are stupid
#44 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 12:40 PM Last edited by AngelFrouk : 21st Jun 2018 at 1:48 PM.
Has anyone else notied lots of sims walking around with trash bags in their hands?
I've also noticed many toddlers walking around on their own. I've never seen this before this patch...

Edit: One more thing I noticed. My whole household got a phonecall saying someone in the family had died. I opened every phone and got the same message. The toddler also got a phonecall, but since she hasn't got a phone I couldn't open it and had to wait til it rang out hours later.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 2:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Apsalar
I can't even imagine how it would feel to be so thoroughly screwed by Maxis again and again. They definitely rushed out this patch and this expansion. Test your damn game, EA, before you wreck it completely.
While EA does introduce numerous bugs here and there, the fact that mods break has nothing to do with those bugs, nor with any "lack of testing".
The reason that modifications break is that EA is rebuilding core functionality for every new expansion, to allow their new features to take effect. Then when you try to run the game with old mods, things break. That's quite natural, as most of the broken mods are actually rewrites of (earlier versions of) EAs own code, which override core functionality when they are loaded - basically they remove stuff that EA has added. No amount of testing could ever prevent that. Nor is it EAs responsibility - their job is to release a game that works as smoothly as possible when it is unmodded. If we (the minority of players that even use mods) then insist on continuing to use dated mods that replace more recent functionality, that's actually our problem.

(We can wish that EA/Maxis had chosen a more flexible, modular structure before they started coding the game; a structure that had allowed for easier insertion of custom functionality, which the game had then simply accepted and made adjustments for. But unfortunately they didn't do that.)
Scholar
#46 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 3:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by letrax
While EA does introduce numerous bugs here and there, the fact that mods break has nothing to do with those bugs, nor with any "lack of testing".
The reason that modifications break is that EA is rebuilding core functionality for every new expansion, to allow their new features to take effect. Then when you try to run the game with old mods, things break. That's quite natural, as most of the broken mods are actually rewrites of (earlier versions of) EAs own code, which override core functionality when they are loaded - basically they remove stuff that EA has added. No amount of testing could ever prevent that. Nor is it EAs responsibility - their job is to release a game that works as smoothly as possible when it is unmodded. If we (the minority of players that even use mods) then insist on continuing to use dated mods that replace more recent functionality, that's actually our problem.

(We can wish that EA/Maxis had chosen a more flexible, modular structure before they started coding the game; a structure that had allowed for easier insertion of custom functionality, which the game had then simply accepted and made adjustments for. But unfortunately they didn't do that.)

I know how mods work, that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the bugs in an unmodded game. It's fine that the devs improve the game and change things, it's their job after all. But as with this recent patch, and other changes made previously, there are bugs that are game breaking, which means any well meaning modder couldn't even dream of being able to 'fix it' with new or old mods. I can imagine, that being a modder, at some point it's not worth it trying to keep up with the insane things the patches comes with. For instance if you're making fixes for the Doctor career, right now there's no way of fixing the rather insane bugs that has been introduced with previous patches. And that's when those careers were supposedly 'fixed'. Ofcourse Maxis isn't doing it on purpose, but they might as well be at this point. The quality of the patches is pretty bad. They break the double of the things they try to fix.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Test Subject
#47 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 4:16 PM
I know how mods work, that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the bugs in an unmodded game. It's fine that the devs improve the game and change things, it's their job after all. But as with this recent patch, and other changes made previously, there are bugs that are game breaking, which means any well meaning modder couldn't even dream of being able to 'fix it' with new or old mods. I can imagine, that being a modder, at some point it's not worth it trying to keep up with the insane things the patches comes with. For instance if you're making fixes for the Doctor career, right now there's no way of fixing the rather insane bugs that has been introduced with previous patches. And that's when those careers were supposedly 'fixed'. Ofcourse Maxis isn't doing it on purpose, but they might as well be at this point. The quality of the patches is pretty bad. They break the double of the things they try to fix.

Yeah, I've noticed how they seem to always break 2-3x more than what they claim to be fixing with almost every patch, especially the major, pre-EP patches like this one. Dunno if it's just me or what, but 1.5 Years after the toddler patch, to my Knowledge, those object babies still won't age up properly, if I let a Sim conceive "naturally". My workaround...make all my Sims sterile in CAS/with "certain" mods' traits, then Create a child by playing with genetics in CAS...which usually turns out better than a Sim pregnancy, anyway.

If I didn't need to keep Origin shut down when I've got no plans of playing for a while, I'd set it into permanent Offline mode unless a pack release I really wanted was coming up. But every Time I shut Origin down with the task manager, it always opens in Online mode again the next Time I open it, which's part of why I haven't bothered updating my game—yet. I'm waiting on as many updated versions of the mods I use as possible before I do any such thing so I don't have to do without 'em for who knows how long.

​Mind ye Threefold Law, ye should—three Times bad, and three Times good. An' it harm none, do what ye will.
Scholar
#48 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 4:42 PM
I've noticed that the Mean > Shove command from Parenthood works again with adult-to-adult anyway, I 'm unsure if it works with children, but had heard maxis purposely broke the code but left the option there (which always dropped out of queue if you tried to use it), because it was considered too violent.
Test Subject
#49 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 4:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
I've noticed that the Mean > Shove command from Parenthood works again with adult-to-adult anyway, I 'm unsure if it works with children, but had heard maxis purposely broke the code but left the option there (which always dropped out of queue if you tried to use it), because it was considered too violent.

If only they looked at certain mods, right? They'd really see some violence with some... Then again, maybe they do, and that's why they don't even want a Mean—Shove interaction included...not that someone wouldn't figure out how to get it back and worse, I'm sure.

​Mind ye Threefold Law, ye should—three Times bad, and three Times good. An' it harm none, do what ye will.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 7:18 PM
I know how mods work, that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the bugs in an unmodded game.

Oh, sorry, then I misinterpreted your post. You mentioned Coolspear in the preceding sentence, and since he ventilated his frustration at SimsAsylum over how many of his mods had been broken by the new patch (I had visited his subforum just minutes before), I erroneously connected that with your opinion that EA needs to test the game.
My mistake. I have seen other players in various communities express the belief that mods break due to EAs ineptitude and lack of testing, so I thought this was one of those cases. :-/
Page 2 of 3